Every one can help abandoned dogs here in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Oct 2007 12:00 AM by crispycat Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

crispycat´s avatar

Pepi’s refuge in Pedrera, Sevilla was founded in June 2005 by Alan and Jane www.pepisrefuge.com

Since then they have given shelter to more than 70 dogs. For them it’s a labour of love and dedication, which has cost them all their savings.

They started taking dogs in, when they found close by their home a poor dog hanging in a tree, the dog had been "put down" in what seems a most cruel and callous way.

As a regular dog walker at Pepi’s, I have seen first hand the tremendous work done there, the 24/7 dedication and effort given to help these rescued dogs, who crave attention and affection and so are always pleased to see us humans,!!

Rescue dogs make such wonderful pets as they are so pleased to belong to a loving home. (I know because I have 2 of my own)

The refuge now has its own website www.pepisrefuge.com where it is possible to make a donation by debit / Credit card or paypal. Also if you are located nearby you could join in many of our fundraising events detailed on the site including a fun charity auction.

Many thanks for reading this.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 12:26 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Can anyone tell me if there is any greyhound rescue centers near or in  the Murcia region?

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
28 Feb 2009 1:09 PM by crispycat Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

crispycat´s avatar

Hi Tinasolera, Sorry can´t tell you if there is a rescue center for greyhounds near Murcia, try contacting the local British

newspapers/magazines in the area, they should know.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2009 6:29 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Thanks crispycat and thanks janice for all your help! With the contacts janice gave me I have found a beautiful greyhound and hope to go and see her sometime this week! I will let you know. Thanks again xxxxx

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
03 Mar 2009 6:52 PM by crispycat Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

crispycat´s avatar

Thats great news, FAB !! Greyhounds are wonderful, sure your have a happy life together xx

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 7:26 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

After researching greyhounds here in Spain i found this article by the RSPCA. there is a deadline of the 22nd July 09 to help take action. I know this is based in the UK but its an example which will hopefully follow here in the future!!!

Every year at least 10,000 greyhounds are retired from racing. The fate of many of these greyhounds is unknown and huge numbers simply 'disappear'.

We believe that the health and happiness of thousands of racing greyhounds is very poor. Welfare issues can occur at any life stage, so we believe that all aspects of the greyhound industry, from breeding to kennelling, racing, transportation, management and final retirement need to be improved. We want to see greyhounds protected from cradle to grave.

An opportunity to protect racing greyhounds
The Government has launched a public consultation on the regulation of the greyhound racing industry in England with a deadline for submissions on the 22nd July 2009.

Please take action today!
We really need your help to demonstrate the rising tide of public unease about this important welfare issue. We want to get at least 20,000 people responding to the government consultation, to call for the protection of racing greyhounds from cradle to grave.

Please sign the petition below.

http://www.giveanimalsavoice.org.uk/greyhounds/

This message was last edited by tinasolera on 10/07/2009.

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
10 Jul 2009 10:14 PM by crispycat Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

crispycat´s avatar

Thanks have added the link to my facebook

Like 0      
25 Aug 2009 1:59 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Hi

If anyone lives near san javier and would like to help us at los infernos dog refuge we would love to hear from you. This summer has seen the refuge become overloaded and we are desperate for walkers, cleaners, groomers and players!!

Many Thanks

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      
05 Jul 2010 10:18 PM by tinasolera Star rating in Murcia. 801 posts Send private message

tinasolera´s avatar

Blondie has just arrived in Los Infiernos refuge, Murcia! look how cute she is and just 1yr old. If anyone is thinking of helping an abandoned dog who could resist this beauty?

www.galgosdelsol.es

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Connection to water - 2 posts
jennifer, heredades, costa blanca - 1 posts
BECKITTS MARBELLA - 6 posts
Guardia civil ? - 8 posts
Long Term Let wanted - Costa Almeria - 1 posts
FIR TREES - 26 posts
Gardens, Pools, Home Services and Furniture - 7 posts
Information please - 2 posts
Dental Care for kids - 0 posts
Ryanair announces 3 new routes Bristol to France - 1 posts
Bank Of Santander - 1 posts
SHOPPING ADVISE - 7 posts
MARBELLA ILLEGAL LICENCES - 0 posts
Advice from anyone who knows Murcia/Lorca? - 5 posts
UK state Pension - 5 posts
bill & ev marshall (newcastle upon tyne) - 1 posts
SPANISH BANK HOLIDAY - 18 posts
THANKYOU - 2 posts
Completion Dates - 4 posts
Almanzora - 3 posts
competa - 2 posts
HELP NEEDED FOR OUR OWNERS - 12 posts
HELP NEEDED FOR OUR OWNERS... - 6 posts
It's Me -- Again - 0 posts
problem getting power connect. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x