AIR CONDITIONING

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Feb 2007 12:00 PM by sancay Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Hi Smiley

Long time no contact - sorry.  Have been over here sinve October last year and really loving it.  Am expected to move INTO my place in San Cayetano in 3 weeks time !!!!!!!!!  Can´t wait.  My build was eventually on time too actually I had notification of being finished 6 days early!!!!!!!!!!!!!! on 25th Jan couldn´t beleive it everyone says manaña manaña.  I had no probs, perhaps its the particular builder. Don´t know or perhaps I am just lucky.  Anyway after your advice yet again.  The air con is two different units that the sales office has recommented, costing around 2,200 euros for the two bed apartment, I wonder if you know this is a good price or if you know of anywhere else I can get a quote.  Also sat tv and telephone

Anyway speak soon

Tricia F

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 1:48 PM by inmate58 Star rating in Lisburn Northern Ire.... 167 posts Send private message

inmate58´s avatar

hi

I suggest you speak to David Acton  he is installing my air conditioning unit in Torre alcantara, Balsicas. I have seen his work and it is excellent. he will be able to give you a good quote. he will also be living on site so that is useful. if you want i can give you his details or you can contact him on the torre alcantara site

Like 0      
20 Feb 2007 8:12 PM by alf Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

We have just had a Daiken 1200 btu unit fitted by www.qualitairsl.com/about_us.htm
If you want good advice its worth dropping them a line as out of four companies contacted this was by far the best.
Not the cheapest as they provide quality brands, i paid a little more but i feel i had good value for money!

Also the A rated unit supplied has a motion sensor fitted which switches the unit into economy mode if there is nobody in the room.
When renting this i thought could be very useful.

alf
Torrevieja area

This message was last edited by alf on 2/20/2007.

Like 0      
10 May 2007 10:08 AM by stevie G Star rating in Conwy, North Wales &.... 21 posts Send private message

Hi Folks

We bought a property in dream hills two, we were out there end of april for the first urbanisation meeting, whilst out there we made an appointment to meet with the parador aftersales rep to see for ourselves where they would put the units for the airconditioning ,hoping as we bought one with a solarium the moters would go on the roof, we were told there would be too much trunking and wouldn't advise it,  The parador rep then took us to see one of their other clients who had already given parador the go ahead with installation whilst back in the uk. looks like parador to compete with installation the easiest is the cheepest (BE WARE) We spoke to the couple afterwards, who said if they had been in spain at the time they wouldn't have let them install it, but because it was too late tried to make the best of it. The 2 units were fitted on the balcony leaving little room for anything else, and blowing hot air on the balcony in the summer and cold air on your balcony in the winter, not to mention the noise, and the hose pipe accross the middle of the balcony, and a hose with  water to a bottle in one of the bedrooms . am i sounding off for no reason or is it the norm i'd like to hear from anyone. cheers stevie G

Like 0      
10 May 2007 10:37 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi stevie G

We haven't got air con, but my neighbour has.

She has a penthouse and has 2 units, one in her loung, one in the main bedroom.

She has the units up on her solarium, so the trunking goes quite a long way.

They work perfectly well and she is happy with them.

As you say, the recommendation is to have the unit "back to back" with the inside control unit, but this is not practical unless you loose balcony, plus the other probs you mention.

I could find out who installed hers if you like? We are in Costa Blanca, just 10 mins south of Torreveija.

Don't know what area you are in, as you haven't put it in your profile, naughty naughty!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
10 May 2007 11:13 AM by jfj Star rating in Vera, Almería. 142 posts Send private message

jfj´s avatar
Hi stevie g,

We don't have air con at home, but we do have 2 units in our office. We are on the ground floor and have 2 floors of apartments above us, and our motors are up on the roof. They work brilliantly (ok, we did spend a small fortune on the units themselves, but I don't think that has anything to with it).

jfj

Like 0      
10 May 2007 11:28 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
10 May 2007 9:39 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Hi Janice,

Could you please send me the details of the good air conditioning installers to? I would be really grateful for your help. Thanks!

Julia 

Like 0      
10 May 2007 9:45 PM by Fruit Star rating in Costa Calidia - Murc.... 74 posts Send private message

Fruit´s avatar

Hi Jules1 ( Julia )  don't quiet know where you are but I do know that there is a Meercadona at Playa Flamenca...in the shopping area there is an electrical appliance shop called Masters..they are in most of the shopping areas..there is one in Eroski too. We purchased our aircon from them and had them do the installation. Good workmen and pleased with the service.

Like 0      
10 May 2007 10:05 PM by JPD Star rating in Hull, East Yorkshire.... 391 posts Send private message

JPD´s avatar
Hi jules1, we have four Panasonic inverter units in our house in Playa Flamenca. We have two on the top floor balcony, one outside the back door and one on the wall outside the back bedroom, on the middle floor. We bought the house with them already fitted, but they are really good units and are so much cheaper  to run. ( We have not ourselves had a bill in yet, but the previous owner showed us her electric bill)There is not a lot of noise at all, we tested them out for noise when we were over last week.

Like 0      
10 May 2007 10:10 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Thanks fruit for your help, I'm at Dream Hills 2, near Playa Flamenca. Is yours quiet and how big are the units roughly? I will have to have mine on the balcony as I have a ground floor apartment, but obviously don't want it to spoil sitting outside!!!

Julia

Like 0      
10 May 2007 10:18 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Thanks JPD for your comments. Will try to make some comparisons when I go over in June.

Julia

Like 0      
11 May 2007 9:32 AM by stevie G Star rating in Conwy, North Wales &.... 21 posts Send private message

Hi Julia

We have also bought in Dream Hills 2 but fortunatley we have the solarium to put them on but even that seems to have it's problems. we have seen some in dream hills on the ground floor, one apartment had them on the balcony floor which didn't seem to leave much room for much else installed by paradors choice. The other one we saw was still on the balcony , but on the wall mounted above the window which is out of the way,  seems to me , get the quietest one you can afford.

steve

Like 0      
11 May 2007 11:05 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
11 May 2007 3:05 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Thanks Janice and Steve for your p.m's

Janice - You have given me plenty of people to contact. I think I am leaning towards the one you used because you said it was quiet.

Steve - You have given me lots of ideas to talk to them about re siting etc.

A big THANKS to both of you!!!

Julia

Like 0      
11 May 2007 3:32 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
11 May 2007 3:47 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Thanks Janice, will do!

Julia

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Solar panels, the new law. - 4 posts
Lawyer Costs - 24 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX - 37 posts
Resident - disadvantages? - 1 posts
4X4 Off Road - 0 posts
touristic apartments - 1 posts
Annual Spanish Tax - 63 posts
Nueva Andalucia Deposit - 2 posts
Houses facing small access road - 4 posts
Life and ASU Insurance - 7 posts
Holiday today - 2 posts
Operation Malaya - 8 posts
John 13 left note on Cortijos re Jardines see Jardines de Alhama - 3 posts
spanish gardeners : where do we advertise for them on the Costa del Sol - 3 posts
Escritura - 3 posts
Please could I ask if members would put WHERE they are in Spain on their profile ? - 2 posts
anyone buying in historic city centre in malaga, or via off plan 'terrazas de moclinejo' - 0 posts
New Loans and Mortgages Site - 0 posts
Community commitee - 4 posts
Professional clean?Installation of Sat TV - 22 posts
Why rent, when you can own? - 0 posts
Why Rent, when you can own your own home? - 0 posts
SPAIN IS DEFINATELY CHEAPER TO LIVE - 21 posts
CONTRACTS - 4 posts
6% interest - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 37

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x