spanish gardeners : where do we advertise for them on the Costa del Sol

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Dec 2006 12:00 AM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

anybody got any experience of where to advertise for locals that want to apply for the gardening contract on our community in Calahonda, CDS.

I dont think there is any point placing an advert in Sur, the european or Town Crier as this targets ex-pats, what is the local spanish paper, are there any good message boards or gardening recruitment agencies on the CDS.

The people we have tried out of the directories are mainly brits with teams of bulgarians that charge the earth and deliver nothing.

any suggestions??

ian cook

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

"A day without sunshine is like.................night"

Like 0      
05 Dec 2006 7:29 PM by Trisha Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Personally I would take a look at neighbouring gardens, see what ones appear to be well tended, and get the name and number of the gardeners. Then get them around for a quote. The best ones to look at at generally the older well established apartment gardens, usually bigger and if they are in good order then they have good gardeners! They are quite a few in Riviera, Don Miguel, and Bella Sol they both have nice gardens.

Like 0      
06 Dec 2006 12:07 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
promedia, I would ask the administrator of your community to find a gardener, they will know the area and should have contacts already.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
09 Dec 2006 8:55 AM by promedia Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 134 posts Send private message

thanks for these ideas, we have looked for companies that are working on other communities and are following up a couple of quotes at the moment. asking the administrator for help deserves another article in itself!!!

Ian Cook - Golf Gardens Miraflores - The best place to live on the Costa del Sol

"A day without sunshine is like.................night"

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Escritura - 3 posts
Please could I ask if members would put WHERE they are in Spain on their profile ? - 2 posts
anyone buying in historic city centre in malaga, or via off plan 'terrazas de moclinejo' - 0 posts
New Loans and Mortgages Site - 0 posts
Community commitee - 4 posts
Professional clean?Installation of Sat TV - 22 posts
Why rent, when you can own? - 0 posts
Why Rent, when you can own your own home? - 0 posts
SPAIN IS DEFINATELY CHEAPER TO LIVE - 21 posts
CONTRACTS - 4 posts
6% interest - 2 posts
Hague Apostille - 0 posts
NIE Certificate - 139 posts
english reg car - 68 posts
How does a Community Work? - 177 posts
Motoring Organisations - 2 posts
Feliz Navidad - 2 posts
SuperiorworldWide ? - 1 posts
My pics - 2 posts
Is spain in france - 0 posts
INFO PLEASE - 0 posts
medication - 27 posts
angela G - 4 posts
Disablility in Torrevejeia - 0 posts
Spanish Inheritance Tax - 48 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x