Bought some bits and pieces today

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Aug 2007 4:08 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Ok...Oops sorry!!!!

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 6:57 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar

Does anyone know when Ikea is opening in Malaga? We noticed the building had progressed when we were there in July. The only reason I ask is because I was at Ikea today and the prices for cutlery, crockery, glassware etc. were GREAT ie. LOW!

Sharon

Like 0      
04 Aug 2007 7:08 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
"Autumn 2007", and that's about as accurate as you'll get.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
05 Aug 2007 3:18 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
Well - Autumn is September/October/November - so I shall cross my fingers for September as I saw loads of bit & pieces in my Ikea here that I would like to buy. Even though deep down Ikea drives me crazy as you do all the work yourself in this store and in my local store they MAKE you walk through area after area just to get to The Market Place as they have removed/bricked in the short cut!!

Like 0      
05 Aug 2007 5:25 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
You'll find the Malaga one identical - they're all made in Sweden and shipped flat-packed on the back of a big Volvo to wherever they want it. The meatballs are reputedly very good though.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
05 Aug 2007 5:36 PM by Cioffi1 Star rating in London & Calahonda . 216 posts Send private message

Cioffi1´s avatar
The meatballs are not nice at all! - in fact I don't think they actually contain meat!

Like 0      
05 Aug 2007 6:15 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Help re Easyjet - I'm totally confused now after reading the threads.  I think I've been in the sun too long trying to get people to pay more than 25p for my worldly goods at a bootsale

I'm going out in September and returning in October but if I have understood correctly, I'm ok re baggage charge as I departed in September.

For my other flights booked at same time but for December x 2 and March (easter) I will now have to pay if I want to take any hold baggage.  Which now means I will have to pay on-line and also possibly a charge for doing so which I have already paid when I booked the flight.

When other airlines have changed their baggage policy's then changes applied to future bookings never for ones which had previously been booked and paid for.

If we had no restrictions on what we could carry in our carry on baggage then I'd use just that,  also it's ok for Easyjet to say that you can have unrestricted weight for your carry-on but there have been instances when passengers have had to return and check in any bags the security checkers deem to be too heavy.

What a pain this is proving to be.

Has anyone contacted EasyJet yet, if not maybe I'll be the first to do so.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2007 6:42 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi semijubilada

Why not put this on the EasyJet thread EasyJet info & we'll take on the discussions in there as it'll get lost in here. Put a reference to this thread for start of the discussion(ie Bought some bits and pieces today) Think it's going to be rather ongoing. What we need is someone going with EasyJet before September who can pump a few different staff at their airport offices for correct info.

Having said that we had various comments about something which should've been clear. We'd printed off boarding passes for each of us as we were only taking hand baggage. We printed off those from Bristol to Murcia & also from Murcia to Bristol. We saw the outbound ones had three barcodes on whilst the return ones only had two. We asked at the EasyJet desk at Bristol & this very rude woman looked at each & said our printer was faulty as it hadn't printed the return ones correctly. She said we'd have to queue at Murcia. We were chatting, as we waited in the queue to board the plane, to a couple who'd also printed theirs off & they realised they too were in the same position as we were. We asked as we showed passports & outward boarding passes to the EasyJet staff & they said they would've taken them ! At Murcia we'd joined the queue as we didn't want to show up 40 mins before flight departed & them refusing us access to the flight. We stood ages, as you do, & at check in the lady looked very puzzled. She said that it was on her computer that we had printed our boarding passes off for the return journey.

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We explained why we'd joined the queue. She said we could go ask at the EasyJet office just to the left as you go into airport which is what we did as we wanted to know as we travel light each time we go just for a few days. The girl in the office took one look & said it's fine ! We explained why we needed a 100% accurate answer so we said "R U SURE without ANY doubt ??" She said she was but just to confirm that she'd ask her supervisor. Needless to say her supervisor told us it was NOT ok !

So if you print off your boarding passes ensure they look the same, with three barcodes on each.

What a mess.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/5/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Small van/Big van any where in Spain... - 3 posts
When is a child not a child? - 2 posts
Where inland? - 5 posts
Caryn NY - 2 posts
Hi from Alan & Elaine - 6 posts
Key holder/cleaner/handover person wanted for Aloe on Valle Del Este - 1 posts
SMILEY APOLOGISES - 2 posts
Where to Live in Spain...and Why? - 69 posts
How long - 7 posts
Manilva Park - 12 posts
New Passport Delivery Service in Spain - 4 posts
holistic therapy ? - 4 posts
thinking about work - 11 posts
Compensation for Late Completion of Property - 1 posts
wanted accomodation at Nueva Ribera for one week from Monday coming ! - 1 posts
Legal Costs - 6 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east from Marbella. - 3 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east of Marbella). - 0 posts
Lawyer in Ibiza - recommendation please - 0 posts
moving soon to spain help needed - 9 posts
TAPRISA 97 Torrevieja area - 3 posts
Directions from Murcia airpot to Vera - 16 posts
beverley robinson - 2 posts
Glad to be here,hello everyone. - 11 posts
How to complain about a post - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 48

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x