Manilva Park

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by Seeker Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi

Is there anyone using this site who is in the middle of trying to complete the purchase of a property at Manilva Park?

If so please get in touch. We wish to start a forum for mutual support in order to assist each other in bringing this to a desired outcome.

cheers

Phil and Pam

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 4:00 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hi Phil and Pam

Welcome to Eye on Spain.

I know Manilva Park really well...it's just round the corner from us.

They've recently finished the road outside and put a big sign on top as the new name is now "Manilva Green".  It looks practically finished so not sure what the hold up is.

We do have a message board for Manilva Park but I don't think it's very active:

www.eyeonspain.com/ViewDevNo.aspx?dev=M40

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
31 Jul 2007 11:04 AM by Seeker Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Thanks for the information Justin on Manilva ''Green''.

I have just this minute received a phone call in response to my concerns over the delay with this development. I was initially introduced by H2O in the UK and had dealings with their office in Spain at San Pedro. I was told last week that they have been taken over by the Spanish Company, Masser and have been told that there are problems 1) with the swimming-pool and 2) with the rental company who had been put in place by the developer.

As Manilva was to be run on an apart/hotel concept, buyers had the option of signing up to an agreement offered to us when first purchasing. I understand that as this agreement is not being fulfilled now, the Solicitors acting for buyers will not permit us to complete. Presumably, the developer is trying to find an alternative rental company but I have been told that my Solicitor, Franciso Diaz of Criado & Kraus will contact me in a week or two! to let me know exactly what is going on and how my investment stands.  However, if you have any further information in the meantime, it would be great to hear from you.

Best wishes

Pam

Like 0      
02 Aug 2007 12:06 PM by nhgs2000 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We are almost three years down the line with the puchase of two Apartments at Manilva Park, also introduced to the build by H2O and also using Franciso Diaz of Criado & Kraus. We have been informed the Developer wants us to complete immediately or he will simply cancel our contract. They still do not have the final licences for the development and also do not have licencesf or either the pool area or the sports area. If we complete the puchases we will be able to use the apartments for personal use only, not for rental, and also the Developer is only going to give us permission to have access to the pool & sports area which they could withdraw any time. The Developer has also fired the original company who were going to run the development for them as they are now going to run it themselves, but unlike the original company are not going to guarantee a minimum rental income.

We have asked our lawyer for advice on how to move forward but he says it is up to us to choose what to do, and not surprise surprise we have not heard anything from H2O.

Regards

Nigel

Like 0      
02 Aug 2007 1:40 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
This is terrible and your lawyer is rubbish.  The law states that you don't have to complete if the licences are not in place.  The developer will know this and your lawyer should not be asking you to choose, he knows the law!!

I think you need a new lawyer as you are really getting pushed into a corner here.

Try contacting Maria de Castro's office as I'm sure they will be able to cater for your needs properly.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Aug 2007 1:45 PM by Seeker Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

We have just been in contact with Natalie at H20 San Pedro but she appears to be no wiser than us about the situation at Manilva Park so we have today written to the M.D. (Simon Morris) at Masa International who have recently taken over H20. We have briefly stated the current siutation as we understand it and have expressed our extreme dissatisfaction with H20 as, like you, we were sold the opportunity of a good investment which inluded the rental income package.  We have asked for his help in trying to resolve matters as we feel some of the responsibility must rest with them.

Justin told us the name has been changed to Manilva Green and we have found their web-site. From this we have been in contact with Beatrice via manilvagreen.es who assures us all the licences are in place and that Manilva Green will be dealing with the rental side. She has invited us over at the end of the month suggesting we complete on the property and then sign up to their rental agreement!   We have asked for written proof that these licences exist and have said we want to see a copy of the rental contract a.s.a.p. and are now awaiting a reply.  She also said that Manilva G has been renting out apartments since June and that everything is 'up and running'.   Surprise to all of us.

Suggest you contact Manilva Green direct and see if you can glean any further info. We will post on this web-site immediately we hear any sort of news.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 10:28 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Just to say hi Pam, hope EOS helps you in some way.

Like 0      
11 Nov 2007 10:19 AM by Seeker Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Hi Justin

We are coming out to Manilva for a week from the 2nd of December 07. We would like to meet up with you to have a beer as promised, perhaps down the road in the marina.

Is there a phone number for us to contact you on or ours is 0044 7881612601

We are thinking we would like to meet the english lawyer you interviewed a while back and Maria too, but we need to know what our position is first.

cheers

Phil

Like 0      
18 Mar 2008 10:25 AM by Manilva Green Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello!

I am Antonio del Rio, The General Manager of Manilva Green, the Company in charge with the rental, the tourist Apartments Resort’s exploitation. You bought an apartment through the H20 agency.

We are sorry we couldn’t get in touch with you previously but our lawyers did not give us your e-mails.

In the summer 2007, we started the Resort rentals (with the swimming-pools included) and there has not been any problem of licences with the City Hall of Manilva. The developer has already found an agreement with them in order to solve the anomalies created by the previous rental and exploitation Company.

The information from Manilva Green which arrive abroad, are changed and sometimes confused. Everything has got an explanation: the developer needed one year in order to solve problems created by the previous rental Company.

The new rental Company from Manilva Green Resort is already renting apartments through the contract they have got signed with the owners.

We invite you to come and visit us when you want, we can facilitate you the rental contract when you need it.

Since the month of June 2007 the developer is paying his community charges and bank mortgages’ fees. Since you have already paid all your charges and fees until the Manilva Green’s owners’ community creation, it would be easy to convince the developer that he wouldn’t keep his apartments if the title deeds are signed up in a short term. You want to rent your apartments and we are the Company in charge of renting them. I consider we could get to an agreement.

Many thanks,

Best regards,

Antonio del Rio

Manilva Green General Manager

Like 0      
20 Mar 2008 1:45 PM by pbpb1 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,

Also having purchased at manilva Green I would be interested to hear off fellow " owners"

Like 0      
20 Mar 2008 3:08 PM by Seeker Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

we have been banging this drum for ages trying to find other owners.

Phil and Pam. By all means email via filneale@yahoo.co.uk

we are more than happy to talk to you and tell you where we are in the process of damage limitation.

Like 0      
07 Oct 2008 9:51 AM by jampot Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi,

I am a troubled purchaser of an apartment at Manilva Park/ Green. I also am with Criado & Kraus . I understand that it is now a criminal case against the developer and the town hall. Where that leaves us purchaser's, I have no idea. I bet it will be expensive though.

Gareth

Like 0      
16 Jun 2010 8:48 PM by thelooney Star rating in UK. 116 posts Send private message

thelooney´s avatar

Just a warning to anyone still using Kriado and Kraus- don't, leave them while you can please.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Passport Delivery Service in Spain - 4 posts
holistic therapy ? - 4 posts
thinking about work - 11 posts
Compensation for Late Completion of Property - 1 posts
wanted accomodation at Nueva Ribera for one week from Monday coming ! - 1 posts
Legal Costs - 6 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east from Marbella. - 3 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east of Marbella). - 0 posts
Lawyer in Ibiza - recommendation please - 0 posts
moving soon to spain help needed - 9 posts
TAPRISA 97 Torrevieja area - 3 posts
Directions from Murcia airpot to Vera - 16 posts
beverley robinson - 2 posts
Glad to be here,hello everyone. - 11 posts
How to complain about a post - 2 posts
When is a pushy developer not a pushy developer? - 26 posts
New Build Mortgage Advice - 6 posts
Driving to Spain from the UK - 29 posts
Snagging List Recommendations - 3 posts
Novo Carthago beach and golf resort, Murcia - 4 posts
hi, just joined and need some help - 7 posts
Just Joined to say.. - 24 posts
Euro Exchange - 4 posts
Up Your Street Radio launches! - 8 posts
Hello, I'm new and need information about shipping pets to Spain - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x