holistic therapy ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

good evening,love this site!

still flicking around trying to get my barings.looking for somewhere to rent for maybe 12 months and the prices seem not to bad to buy.the trouble is for us we need such a lot of space and need the bedrooms with 5 children.

im hoping to get some work once we have settled and the children are happy in their schools.i am a qualified holistic therapist .the treatments i do are aromatherapy/massage,reflexology,indian head,hot stone massage,hopi ear candles,healing and i teach baby massage.i will be qualified to teach adult learners in groups/workshops in all of the mentioned treatments buy the time we make the move to spain.

do you think there will be an interest in the work i do?

Like 0      
29 Jul 2007 8:46 AM by Jakemanzana Star rating in Manzana 3. 45 posts Send private message

Jakemanzana´s avatar

Hi GM

Mushrooms, Holistic Therapy, sounds all a bit "Hippie" to me. (Joke)

I think you would be better off considering life in inland Spain and away from the Costas. You will find renting large properties easier and cheaper there. A great oppertunity for your children to have the advantage of a "duel" lifestyle and education, if that is what you want. As most people would recomend on this site, rent in the short term in the area yous select and then look around before you make any long term commitments.

Good luck

Like 0      
29 Jul 2007 10:08 AM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

thanks for the reply,ill have a little look around inland.we have been looking around la manga ,murcia.

i had been advised that i may be in demand around the golf courses for treatments.the hotstones massage is considered a luxury treatment and people pay £45-50.per session in england.most beauty treatments and holistic treatments are big business in the uk,hope i get the opportunity to make in living in spain.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2007 10:21 PM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi gigglymushroom.  Take a look at the new Thalassatherapy hotel in San Pedro del Pinatar (opposite the nature reserve and salt lakes).  They're offering the type of treatments you talk about - new to the area last year -  but I guess it's been opened to attract the hunfreds of visitors to the well known theraputic mud baths in the sea at Lo Pagan, just yards down the road.  Don't know if they're looking for staff, but it may give you an idea of the curent prices for the treatments.  

Jane

Like 0      
26 Aug 2007 1:57 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I think there is an increasing interest in Spain on those kind of therapies. Actually, some old hotels are being renovated  by adding SPA and complementary holistic therapies like those you mention.

Best of lucks! Professionalism and good customers care will bring you success for sure!

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 8/26/2007.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

thinking about work - 11 posts
Compensation for Late Completion of Property - 1 posts
wanted accomodation at Nueva Ribera for one week from Monday coming ! - 1 posts
Legal Costs - 6 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east from Marbella. - 3 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east of Marbella). - 0 posts
Lawyer in Ibiza - recommendation please - 0 posts
moving soon to spain help needed - 9 posts
TAPRISA 97 Torrevieja area - 3 posts
Directions from Murcia airpot to Vera - 16 posts
beverley robinson - 2 posts
Glad to be here,hello everyone. - 11 posts
How to complain about a post - 2 posts
When is a pushy developer not a pushy developer? - 26 posts
New Build Mortgage Advice - 6 posts
Driving to Spain from the UK - 29 posts
Snagging List Recommendations - 3 posts
Novo Carthago beach and golf resort, Murcia - 4 posts
hi, just joined and need some help - 7 posts
Just Joined to say.. - 24 posts
Euro Exchange - 4 posts
Up Your Street Radio launches! - 8 posts
Hello, I'm new and need information about shipping pets to Spain - 2 posts
naomi - 4 posts
Punta Prima??? or somewhere else? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x