New British Passport Service
NEW PASSPORT RETURN DELIVERY SERVICE WITH EFFECT FROM 1 AUGUST 2007
The British Consular Services are improving the "return delivery service" of the new British biometric passport in line with what customers want - a quicker, more reliable, safer, customer friendly, and cost competitive service.
The new service will ensure that new passports are:
· personally hand delivered to customers;
· delivered within 24 hours of being despatched from the Consulate-General in Madrid, to anywhere in Spain; and,
· secure in transit, with despatch from Consulate-General Madrid monitored until delivery to the customer.
From Wednesday 1 August, the British Consulate-General in Madrid will return new passports to customers via Bpack - one of Spain's leading courier companies. To ensure new return delivery standards are met, neither the Spanish Postal Service (Correos) nor other courier companies will be used after that date. Customers can still collect their passports in person from the Consulate-General in Madrid if they wish.
In addition to guaranteed and improved return delivery, the new service will give customers immediate access to despatch information, either:
· on-line, by accessing Bpack's tracking system via the British Embassy Madrid's website http://www.bpack.net/britishconsulate.aspx; or,
· by telephoning the Bpack implant at the Consulate-General Madrid on 91 524 9757 - open between Monday to Friday 0900-1400 hrs when a Bpack despatch adviser can help.
Customers will continue to send their application to the British Consulate-General Madrid by whatever means they choose - post (Correos) or courier of their choice - although we'd suggest Bpack by calling 91 524 9757 to make arrangements.