Taking a fridge from UK to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Hi there,

We are going to buy a large fridge / freezer for Spain but are also thinking of taking out an integrated fridge from Ikea (they dont do the larder type in Ikea in Murcia)

Does anyone know if we can use a UK frigde ok in Spain ?

Thanks in advance

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
08 Jul 2007 9:30 PM by INVESTOR Star rating. 26 posts Send private message

NOT A COOL IDEA.

Like 0      
08 Jul 2007 9:37 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
same voltage 240 v, just needs 2 pin plug fitted or adapter to change from three to two pin. SO YES, it's OK, Gillian

Like 0      
08 Jul 2007 10:38 PM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Thanks for that its really helpful

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
09 Jul 2007 9:14 AM by Lauryc Star rating in Was South Devon .. n.... 520 posts Send private message

Lauryc´s avatar

I'm taking most of my elecricals. The old TVs won't work but the new flat screen will and all our other equipment.

I was going to buy a lot of new stuff until we got our quote for the move. It makes far more sense to take our own after all.

Laury

Laury

Like 0      
09 Jul 2007 12:42 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Gilly & John,

Can I ask why you are going to buy an integrated fridge in the UK because Ikea in Murcia doesn't sell them ? (Would you be taking a NEW one over, did I assume correctly, maybe you already have one you just want to take !)

There are many large electrical outlets you could use once over in Spain. If anything goes wrong with your new product bought from the UK you'll have problems with its guarantee. Electricals sold in Spain have a TWO year guarantee, were you aware ?

Like 0      
09 Jul 2007 6:24 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Has anyone read Tony Hawk's book Round Ireland with a Fridge? I thought this thread was going to be along similar lines.

http://www.tony-hawks.com/riwaf.php

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 10:01 PM by gillian Star rating in Colchester and Altea.... 187 posts Send private message

Hi Rosemary,

Thank you for your advice it really makes sense to buy a fridge in Spain.

The problem we have found trying to buy an integrated fridge in Spain has been that they only seem to do the ones with a small freezer compartment.We will have a separate freezer so only want an integrated larder fridge.

I can see that having a two year warranty would be preferable and maybe we should keep looking.We have looked through all the usual catalogues such as AEG,BOSCH etc but if anyone has further ideas please let us know.

As for 'Around Ireland with a Fridge'  Roberto,it sounds preferable to all the 'around Spain looking for a fridge'  that we have had !

Gilly & Ralph

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 10:17 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

There are many places in your area which sell fridge/freezers of the type you want.  Eroski in the Dos Mares shopping centre, Master Cadena in the Habaneras to name just two.  Plus Carrefour, of course.  And in the Mediterraneo shopping complex, just before you get to Cartagena, there is an electrical shop there which rivals Currys or Comet in UK for choice.  There is also an outlet in the Mercadon centre at Playa Flamenca which has a catalogue and they will get anything you want.

Old style TVs do work in Spain if you connect them through your video or DVD recorder.  The sound and vision are on different frequencies to UK (PAL vs PAL Secam) so, with the older TVs, you get picture but no sound.  Putting them through your Video/DVD matches the frequencies.  Alternatively, you can get a small adaptation circuit to change UK TV from PAL to PAL Secam which will only cost about 20 euros or so for the conversion.  (PS. many years ago (1986) I bought a multi system TV from the NAAFI in Cyprus.  It works on any system in the world and is still going strong.)

Like 0      
11 Jul 2007 11:20 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar
Also may be worth checking out your nearest industrial estates (poligono) to see if there are any dealers for "seconds" white goods. You may turn up a real bargain top of the range with a small dent on the back. Full 2 year warranty as usual.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

flights for sale Doncaster Alicante + visa versa - 1 posts
restaurants near almoradi - 24 posts
Janet - 1 posts
Last 20 General Forum Posts - 0 posts
Commercial/Shopping Centre planned for Algorfa - 0 posts
How does the pm system work? - 30 posts
Spanish property scandal petition - 1 posts
computer video link - 2 posts
Names of Retailers of Musical Instruments, Amplification, Speakers etc - 6 posts
Sally Morgan masquerading as Inez, I mean Rixxy, I mean Inez !?!?! - 71 posts
Pasta Cafe - Nueva Andalucia - 4 posts
Great introduction to the website, Justin! - 0 posts
schools around cabo roig,? - 17 posts
I have uploaded some photo's of Aloe - 8 posts
La Torre Polaris World restaurants - 8 posts
Benalmadena Restaurants - 5 posts
Completition Date at Alandlus Thalassa - 4 posts
Webcam - 2 posts
Trust Issues - 15 posts
I still need to buy a shower screen - 1 posts
Arrivng In Malaga Airport - 0 posts
BLACK MONEY PROBLEMS - 84 posts
official shop holidays - 10 posts
Urbanisation - 30 posts
Long Term rental Salobrena area Costa Tropical - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x