Pasta Cafe - Nueva Andalucia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Pasta Cafe in N Andalucia. Great portions and good value. The owner has become quite a good friend (ish) so I guess I have to give them a big up. Significant number of their clientele are regulars - locals and holiday visitors alike - the owner eats in the restaurant every day to ensure quality and no slip ups. The have a philosophy that they expect food to go back to the kitchen - not by way of complaint, but that there is simply too much to finish it. Som interesting pasta dishes and general Italian food. Mike the owner takes a real pride in his work and ensures the ship runs very smoothly - they have opened a couple of others as well - one at La Cañada, Miramar Centre Fuengirola and a couple more soon in Estepona.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
14 Apr 2010 1:31 PM by two-weeks-in-the-sun Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

We've been going Nueva Andalucia for six years now for our annual holiday. Whilst Pasta Cafe enjoys a good location and always appears to busy it isn't anything special IMO.

The menu is simply run of the mill pasta and pizza, we have never been offered any "specials of the day" that you expect from an Italian restaurant.

But for me the absolute worst thing is the total lack of any child friendly options. Our lad is 5 and when we asked for a child menu we were told there wasnt one, so he chose to have just a bowl of spaghetti (with nothing on) which they promptly charged us TEN EUROS for!!!!!!!!!!

When i queried it they said they don't do child portions and it wasn't their fault our 5yr old didnt want the bolognaise sauce!! to add to that we were also charged almost 5 euros for a very small glass of fresh orange juice because all they had were fizzy drinks for kids.

As i say, this is just my opinion and appreciate that the area of Marbella isn't the cheapest of places to holiday, but this in my opinion takes the p~ss.

If Pasta Cafe looks busy it is because every one fights to sit in the limited outdoor space because the inside of the restaurant is stiffling.

We have found ourselves a very nice Spanish place a 5 minute drive on the beach at San Pedro Alacantra that we go to that is child friendly, extensive menu, charming, unpretentious, clean and the owner is always happy to see you (even if he hasnt seen you for a year).

A meal for the three of us inc drinks is typically 30-40 Euros opposed to the Pasta Cafe where our last bill was 70+ Euros, i will let you do the math? Basically we now eat out at least every other day at Largo's and never get board with the menu because it has so much choice.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2010 1:36 PM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

Sunday lunch at Rafa's just around the corner (same block) is a great value Spainish experience to!

Like 0      
14 Apr 2010 3:33 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

I guess you have to take it as you find - personally I have never had a bad meal there and the pasta is always fresh (not dehydrated from a runb of the mill packet) - I would have to beg to differ on it being good value as it depends on what you want and where you go to have it. I have to say that I havent been there with a 5 year old but I have been there with some ten year olds that had plenty to choose from on the menu.

Pasta Cafe do a menu del dia in both daytime and evening where a three course meal is 9.95€ including a drink (I think) - the range on the menu del dia is restricted from the normal menu but on two of the occasions I have been there and opted for this the sirloin steak was one of the choices. Was there last month with friends and we all had menu del dia and bill for four of us (all grown ups) was 59 Euros including wine, coffee and one brandy.

as i mentioned previously I know the owner quite well (but I would not put anything in their favour if I didnt think it justified) and interestingly while many restaurants have closed for business in Marbella and surrounding areas Pasta Cafe, while having suffered the same downturn as everyone else is still returning respectable figures so I guess they must be doing something right. A high proportion of their clientele are regulars who could choose to spend their money elsewhere so again to me it indicates that generally they are doing the right thing.

However we all are different and have different budgets, tastes and needs. Lets face it Marbella generally isnt spoilt for choice when it comes to eating out and one of the good things is that you have found somewhere that does satisfy you.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
14 Apr 2010 3:33 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

I guess you have to take it as you find - personally I have never had a bad meal there and the pasta is always fresh (not dehydrated from a runb of the mill packet) - I would have to beg to differ on it being good value as it depends on what you want and where you go to have it. I have to say that I havent been there with a 5 year old but I have been there with some ten year olds that had plenty to choose from on the menu.

Pasta Cafe do a menu del dia in both daytime and evening where a three course meal is 9.95€ including a drink (I think) - the range on the menu del dia is restricted from the normal menu but on two of the occasions I have been there and opted for this the sirloin steak was one of the choices. Was there last month with friends and we all had menu del dia and bill for four of us (all grown ups) was 59 Euros including wine, coffee and one brandy.

as i mentioned previously I know the owner quite well (but I would not put anything in their favour if I didnt think it justified) and interestingly while many restaurants have closed for business in Marbella and surrounding areas Pasta Cafe, while having suffered the same downturn as everyone else is still returning respectable figures so I guess they must be doing something right. A high proportion of their clientele are regulars who could choose to spend their money elsewhere so again to me it indicates that generally they are doing the right thing.

However we all are different and have different budgets, tastes and needs. Lets face it Marbella generally isnt spoilt for choice when it comes to eating out and one of the good things is that you have found somewhere that does satisfy you.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Great introduction to the website, Justin! - 0 posts
schools around cabo roig,? - 17 posts
I have uploaded some photo's of Aloe - 8 posts
La Torre Polaris World restaurants - 8 posts
Benalmadena Restaurants - 5 posts
Completition Date at Alandlus Thalassa - 4 posts
Webcam - 2 posts
Trust Issues - 15 posts
I still need to buy a shower screen - 1 posts
Arrivng In Malaga Airport - 0 posts
BLACK MONEY PROBLEMS - 84 posts
official shop holidays - 10 posts
Urbanisation - 30 posts
Long Term rental Salobrena area Costa Tropical - 2 posts
Spanish August Holiday - 5 posts
Hello Can you help? - 5 posts
Anyone noticed we can now see the last 20 posts. - 6 posts
Reputable Air conditioning companies - 0 posts
Boxing Clubs - 0 posts
UK Made Ladies Bicycle - 0 posts
Transferring Back To Uk - 0 posts
new to spain-Montevideo Hills - 1 posts
ribera del marlin - 1 posts
Legal Secretary – Gibraltar - 1 posts
Experienced Administrator – Marbella - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x