Registering baby's birth in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jul 2010 00:00 by sarah&john Star rating in Estepona, Spain. 51 posts Send private message

Hi all,

We are moving over at the weekend and my baby is due September. I will be having baby at Marbella Hospital and wondered where I register the baby's birth to get the birth certificate and apply for baby's passport (British). Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.  Sarah

Like 0      
15 Jul 2010 22:38 by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1921 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

British Embassy states here the following:

The birth may be registered at the Civil Register Office nearest to the place of birth or residence, by one of the child's parents. This should be done in the first 8 days following the child's birth. However, this period can be extended to 30 calendar days if there is a justified reason for the delay. If you miss this time limit with the Spanish authorities, you may have problems getting the birth registered. You also may have to start an administration procedure with the Spanish authorities which will be long and expensive. This can affect your child's access to state health, nursery or school.

Also check out this thread (the last couple of pages should explain the situation) - you will see some of the problems Vicci is facing for, unfortunately, being a few days late registering her child. 

Maybe someone can tell you where the nearest Civil Register Office is to where you will be living (I think you may be in the Manilva area?).

Like 0      
16 Jul 2010 11:27 by Marbella29649 Star rating in Mijas Costa, Costa d.... 54 posts Send private message

Just make sure  you register the birth within the 30 days.

Our Baby was born at the CDS Hospital but had heart and lung problems and was in intensive care for 3 weeks.

We were so worried that we didnt ask about registering the birth and when we did we had missed the 30 days.

I can only say the next 12 months were a nightmare with numerous visits to the courts in Fuengirola and Marbella.

We actuualy had one visit to the courts in Fuengirola for a court doctor to check what sex the baby was.
Something I found very wierd and a bit creepy!

It took us just over 14 months to finally get the birth certificate and at times it felt like Franco was still in power.

So whatever you do do it within 30 days!

Neil

www.soltecspain.com

This message was last edited by Marbella29649 on 16/07/2010.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2010 13:36 by Faro Star rating in London. 1156 posts Send private message

Franco is still in power

There's another very interesting thread on this form with one person going through this very problem.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread
Share it!

Previous Threads

DO ANY MEMBERS KNOW THE BEST SAT T.V. SETUP TO GET - 10 posts
Property Management Question - 3 posts
Property prices - 54 posts
Buying dog accessories in Cadiz / Malaga area - 0 posts
Mallorca - 3 posts
Mijas Costa taxis for 5 people? - 2 posts
Castell de Ferro and Alhambra del Mar development bankruptcy - 3 posts
M & S Interealty, Torrevieja. Jose Maria Mena... - 0 posts
INFO REQUIRED - 2 posts
Mars for the naked eye - 0 posts
ANYONE THINKING OF SELLING THEIR PROPERTY, I'M LOOKING TO BUY. - 30 posts
Lovely apartment - Now reduced to 99 995 euros. - 2 posts
Road from Fuengirola to Alhaurin. - 5 posts
Thought for the day. - 1 posts
tourist train in Guardamar - 0 posts
Eos Team Help, please - 4 posts
Help need to post powerpoint on site - 1 posts
Urgently needed homes for Husky puppies - FREE - 4 posts
Why do cctv and lists of debtors breach data protection rules? - 10 posts
Can you recommend Vincent Real Estate, Benijofar? - 14 posts
What's your one best thing and one worst thing about Spain - 20 posts
looking for holiday apartment,, calahonda - 0 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EYE ON SPAIN - 2 posts
Motorcycle Insurance - 3 posts
I am that Dumb!! - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

Compare car hire in Spain

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x