Property Management Question

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jul 2010 12:00 AM by blueprawn Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hi All

Going to be renting our place out long term or holiday let - you hear of so many horror stories of so called "hobby" management companies my question is what do property management companies need to hold to be legal in order to minimise my risk of anything going wrong

For instance I have heard that my insurance is invalid if the key holder is not legal is this correct

Thanks

Like 0      
16 Jul 2010 12:20 AM by jayce Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

The most important thing regarding a 'long term let'  i.e. up to 11 months, is the correct wording on the lease, and if possible build a good relationship with the tenant.  Marie on this forum can advise you on the lease.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2010 12:27 PM by Hammer100 Star rating in Camposol, Mazarron. 94 posts Send private message

Hammer100´s avatar

Hi Bluepawn

Anyone doing Property Management should have Public Liability Insurance and in some cases if using contractors for any work E&O as well. One thing which is obviously not disclosed to Owners is that while PL insurance is easy to come by having a policy that includes keyholding is not. Alot of policies are excluding this now, not all but alot, for property management companies because the keys are not securely held by the Agent. I am just going through the process of my insurance and have had a safe fitted and the keys are coded (no addresses on the keys) and the codes and addresses are held in a  file with 128bit AES encryption. May sound a bit extreme but a friend at my old company did me a favour for the insurance but insisted on the security.

If using a friend or non-legal company to look after your house then yes there could possibly be legal issues with insurance if anything does go wrong but best thing is talk to your insurance company about that.

Dave

Dedicated Property Management - Mazarron http://www.mspvillaservices.com

Like 0      
27 Aug 2010 3:33 PM by nustart Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi Blueprawn, a lot of insurance companies have a section is small print citing that the insurance is invalid if keys are not held by a fully licensed property managment company.  Check your policy to make sure.  A fully licensed company should have their license displayed in their office.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Property prices - 54 posts
Buying dog accessories in Cadiz / Malaga area - 0 posts
Mallorca - 3 posts
Mijas Costa taxis for 5 people? - 2 posts
Castell de Ferro and Alhambra del Mar development bankruptcy - 4 posts
M & S Interealty, Torrevieja. Jose Maria Mena... - 0 posts
INFO REQUIRED - 2 posts
Mars for the naked eye - 0 posts
ANYONE THINKING OF SELLING THEIR PROPERTY, I'M LOOKING TO BUY. - 30 posts
Lovely apartment - Now reduced to 99 995 euros. - 2 posts
Road from Fuengirola to Alhaurin. - 5 posts
Thought for the day. - 1 posts
tourist train in Guardamar - 0 posts
Eos Team Help, please - 4 posts
Help need to post powerpoint on site - 1 posts
Urgently needed homes for Husky puppies - FREE - 4 posts
Why do cctv and lists of debtors breach data protection rules? - 10 posts
Can you recommend Vincent Real Estate, Benijofar? - 14 posts
What's your one best thing and one worst thing about Spain - 20 posts
looking for holiday apartment,, calahonda - 0 posts
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO EYE ON SPAIN - 2 posts
Motorcycle Insurance - 3 posts
I am that Dumb!! - 0 posts
what happens if you ignore dacion en pago and just chuck the keys in? - 0 posts
CAM mortgage rates - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x