Deed Value compared to house price

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Apr 2007 4:57 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Conrad, I told you Smiley would be along "pronto" on this one! As usual, a very professional and intelligent response. the only thing to add to it is "Justin, PLEASE oblige Smiley & give him his Message Board". This is such as important and current issue affecting so many buyers, who really should be fully aware of the changing situation in Spain. In the past I've been in a notary's office when the Notary has actually invited us to get out the black money and check it before signing. But the times they are a changing, and you simply cannot expect (or accept) this kind of practice any more. As Smiley & janice have said, be assertive - insist on your rights.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 11:52 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar
Don't want to appear silly, but will ask any way.  What is this black money??  My breakdown of costs ask for a certain amount to be paid by bankers draft cheque and some in cash.  Well to pot with that, I will be paying all of it by cheque. 

Like 0      
22 Apr 2007 11:57 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 12:03 AM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar
So if its resale or direct from builder key ready,you should have a valuation done ?

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 12:07 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
If you are buying on a mortgage you will have to have a valuation done - lender insists on it. If paying cash I would still be inclined to get a bank valuation as in general they tend to be more thorough than lawyers in checking legalities and licences

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 12:23 AM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar
Thanks Janice, thats another e-mail sent to my solicitor. 

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 12:26 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Keep on top of him Hudsey and insist he acts your best interest - not the developers

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 12:39 AM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar
Thanks Smiley, I will.  Have sent 3 e-mails in as many days.  I will post solicitors comments on here when received.  I bet they are wondering where I am finding this information as I am asking them questions they probably don't want to answer.  Both hubby and myself are in  jobs where  we have to be whiter than white.  I have told the solicitor this and also told her that she is acting on OUR BEHALF.  Also asked why some solicitors are turning a blind eye to this.  I would like to be a fly on the wall tomorrow when she reads my mails!!    Maybe I will be looking for another solicitor soon.

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 12:40 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 12:41 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
HE just ignores me these days - all I get is "want want want" - well I do still want want want it!!!!

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 12:44 AM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar

Why to I have Parcela?can I change that?aside from that,looking at this villa we like,builder pays taxes and legal fees apparently,whats the catch? any ideas?

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 12:44 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 12:53 AM by MaggieB Star rating in Dunfermline,La Marin.... 56 posts Send private message

MaggieB´s avatar
Umm knock, knock, thought this was the serious side children ha!ha! or am I in the wrong one ???? wish I could do what Janice does hee!hee! but back to the questions???????????????????????????????????

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 12:54 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Winning numbers for this weeks Euromillions Lottery? Well you did say anything!!

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 7:51 AM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

Janice or Smiley so if my bankers draft is for 176.513,90 then the rest of the amount to make it up to 180400 is the black money yes or no?

Smiley this is my breakdown

HOUSE PRICE:                                                        180.400,00
DEED PRICE:   167.770

WATER & ELECTRICITY:                                                120,20 

7% V.A.T. (I.V.A.)(167.770):                                         11.743,90

1% REGIONAL TAX (167.770) :                                      1.677,70

3 % LEGAL FEES:                                                       5.262,00
LEGAL FEES PAID:  150,00

COMMISSION BANKER´S DRAFT (176.513,90)                              441,28
which part is the black money

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 8:36 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Justin please hurry up with Smiley's thread for Black Money.

I bought a house jointly with my brother in 2001.  Completed in 2003.  The estate agent, solicitor and notary were all aware and complicit in the use of cash and under declaration for tax purposes.  I too have a job where I have to be completely clean.  I explained this when asked to pay some money in cash.  I was assured that it was legal.  I did not believe it.  I asked my solicitor in front of the agent and developer (of course the notary had left the room to allow the transaction to take place) if this was essentially legal fraud.  He agreed ! At point of signing!!  It is all well and good for us to have these bad experiences but we must warn others.  I was caught in the event and did not back out.  I should have but was recently widowed and very vulnerable.  It was implicit that the solicitor protect my interests.  He did not.

My brother now wishes to sell the house.  I have been to the solicitor to discuss arrangements - yes, the same solicitor.  I have been quoted a declared purchase value for the house which leaves tax impications for me.  Of course, the solicitor just shrug their shoulders and say this is how it is in Spain.

This is our second solicitor's practice.  They have all the necessary qualifications and are very efficient as administrators, making sure our bills and taxes are paid on time, but have no concept that we pay them to work for us or protect our best interests.  Rubbish.

We need a name and shame list and a recommended list (if it's allowed!!).

Jane

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 10:22 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 2:28 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Sorry for the delay but I can't keep up with all the comments on here.

New section dedicated to "black money" is now set up.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 8:14 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar

Hi All,  I received an e-mail from my solicitor today advising that she did not have time to answer my questions today but would look into it and e-mail me on Tuesday.  In the meantime, funny this, I received an e-mail from the company that I am purchasing through, advising that they understood our situation and listed a new breakdown of costs.  It also stated that we should notify our Bank and the developer would accept a Bankers Draft Cheque for the full amount.  I did not contact the company, my solicitor obviously did. 

I am now waiting to hear about the price on the Deeds, some how, I feel confident that they will also be correct. 

If it were not for this site and my new found friends, I would not have known anything about this. 

My advice to any one due to complete, to contact your solicitors and ask those difficult questions that they do not want to answer. 

Like 0      
23 Apr 2007 8:20 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Conrad: black money is the difference between what you are really paying for the property, and what you declare on the deed.

i.e. 180,400 - 167,770 = 12,630.

But you figures (or whoever's they are) don't add up to the amount of the bankers draft. I don't get it.

This message was last edited by Roberto on 4/23/2007.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Horizon Villas - 22 posts
san miguel de salinas - 1 posts
Selling Houses Abroad. C4 17.04.07 - 7 posts
Costa Blanca and Murcia Entertainment Agencies or anyone wanting Karaoke - 0 posts
driving license - 1 posts
What other bills should we expect!! - 3 posts
The more I read.......... - 6 posts
School fees.......... - 22 posts
broadband and telephone (torrevieja to san pedro) - 1 posts
Elegance Dona Julia. - 38 posts
If i get one more bloody phone call !!! grrrr - 6 posts
Help please - 3 posts
San Remo, Almoradi - 12 posts
car insurance - 3 posts
Direct ferries from Britian to Spain - 16 posts
The Bargain Property Experiment - 155 posts
Edwina - 4 posts
Tower cranes - 9 posts
Is this idea realistic? - 3 posts
Bank Guarantee. - 4 posts
Consider this before buying in Spain - 28 posts
Aifos running out of money - 0 posts
Help - 1 posts
Furniture packages: Value for money?? - 28 posts
STILL AWAITING HABITATION LICENCE - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 49

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x