New Horizon Villas

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by paddyswife Star rating in Shropshire. 12 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,  I am new here to your boards and would like to know if anyone has had any dealings with New Horison villas in los Carasoles.

I would be  grateful from anyone who has used these builders or had a house built in this area.

Grateful thanks for any ifo received  :-)

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 4:49 PM by robert hayles Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

take my advice , never have dealings with off plan and spanish builders , keep your money in the bank, you have been warned

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 4:56 PM by paddyswife Star rating in Shropshire. 12 posts Send private message

Oh dear Robert,  that does sound scarey.  Are they really all that bad?

suz

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 5:15 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Suz, we've just completed on an off-plan that we bought nearly four years ago and are very pleased with it.  It's not all horror stories!!!  You just have to do what you're doing: research areas, developers, agents, builders, etc., and have a good lawyer!  There are many people on here who can help with information and advice.

Perhaps you can mention where exactly Los Carasoles is.  Are New Horizon the developers?  A little more information may help.

This message was last edited by Pitby on 4/20/2007.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 5:24 PM by alanwspencer Star rating in Hertfordshire/Duques.... 340 posts Send private message

alanwspencer´s avatar

Suz, like most things in life it's dangerous to generalise. It is simply crazy to say stay away from all off plans. As Pitby says you have to do your research, don't be lead by your heart and don't make quick decisions. Always give yourself a day or two to think about it. I am about to complete on an off plan property and it's looking good. Good luck with everything.

Alan 

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 5:32 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Is there a "development" board for this, go check as, if there is, maybe there's info in there.

Janice 

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 5:39 PM by paddyswife Star rating in Shropshire. 12 posts Send private message

Hiya all,  Los Carasoles is near Zurgena (Alfoquia).  New Horizon are the developers and have their own builders.

We have been researching this move for the last 3 years, looked around areas on several occasions and have found a lovely plot of land on which to have the villa built.

We have got ourselves an English speaking Solicitor in Albox and she has drafted up all the paperwork and has put a clause in it that we can pull out of the deal in 4 months if not is all going well with the return of all our money.

We took months deciding on going ahead but just wanted to know if any others had bought in this area or used these particular people.

cheers Alan & Pitby for your replies.

suz

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 5:40 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Suz,

Robert Hayles is a scare mongerer!

Thousands of people have bought off plan with no problems at all!

If everyone kept their money in the bank as he suggests, then why are there new builds going up in Spain all over the place?

They only build because there is a market of buyers out there.

He may have had a bad experience, some people have, but not all!

Choose your builder, agent and lawyer carefully and you should have no problem.

We bought off plan, got keys in Nov 2003, no problems at all.

Kind regards

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 5:43 PM by paddyswife Star rating in Shropshire. 12 posts Send private message

Hi Janice,  had a look for a "developments" board but nothing showing up on that search, thanks for the tip though...

suz

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 5:47 PM by paddyswife Star rating in Shropshire. 12 posts Send private message

Hi Fibby,  so pleased to hear that everything went brill for you,  I pray that ours does too, and I agree with everything you say about the new builds.

We think we have done everything properly and got and received good Legal advice.

suz

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 5:57 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

With a reliable lawyer you are partway there. I do however find it very worrying that people have to end up trying to get their money back if things go haywire with various things. Sounds as if, if the builder agrees to that contract, you'll have him over a barrel if necessary. You cannot always ensure you have a good anything (builder, agent, lawyer) Unless you know people who've used all three without hassles, how can you ? We all hope & trust the proceedure will be a painless one. I don't think anyone prepared themselves more than us & it was a nightmare. We got through it, have our house & now are two years on from completion today !!!

Good luck Suz.

Bring out the cava !

Janice

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 6:01 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I wish you luck with it all Suz, let us know how things go along!

Rgds,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 10:01 AM by robert hayles Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

** EDITED ** Please keep this sort of language off the forum.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 10:45 AM by robert hayles Star rating. 60 posts Send private message

fibby uk

i am deff not a scaremonger , a mug would be more the truth

i am making a point in a round about way as to why people still persist in buying off plan out there when there are literally thousands of exellent resale properties with no buyers in sight meanig you will get a property never lived in if you want brand new at a great price, without the risks if using the right channels ,far cheaper than a developer will sell his off plan for, if you read these forums people alot more clued up than me say exactly this, the risks are far less if you use and listen to people in the no like people who regularly post on these forums , scaremonger i am deff not , a mug i was 3 years ago parting with 52,000 euros on an off plan on c.d.s and 3 years on a brick is still to be laid , you wouldnt believe the excuses and bull i have heard, there is no need to be a mug anymore using forums like this , as i say a scaremonger i am not , gutted is the phrase i would use for myself, the dream im afraid would appear to be shutting down for me

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 4:12 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Robert, I think, in certain areas of the Costas especially, you have an extremely valid point.  If I were looking to buy in Duquesa right now, for instance, I would most certainly buy a resale, as there are so many up for sale, in the area I want, with the quality of finish I want.  And I think this would apply to many other areas.

I'm not sure the same principle applies in all cases though, and Suz's may be one of them (although I don't know).  If you are looking in an area which hasn't been "over-developed" or maybe is just starting to be developed (I believe there still are some areas out there!!), it may be that the option of buying a resale doesn't exist or is not to your specs.   I have no idea at all where Suz is buying, as I've never heard of it, but it just may be that this investment is the one that suits her and hers!

Sorry for your situation and I do hope you get it resolved. 

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 4:46 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

After looking at several forums (fora?) there are problems with both resale and off-plan.

Remember, people who are selling will have paid tax at 7% on their property and will not (at first) knock that off the selling price.  No-one buys, for example, at €100,000 and takes 7% off the price when they sell it.  They will, at least, try and get the full price back.  You then have to buy and add on your 7% tax as well.  Yes, there are horror stories of off-plan buying but there must be literally hundreds of thousands of smooth transitions.  Pick a good quality builder and independent solicitor and it should all go well.  Resale is all very well if you have the money up front.  At least with off-plan you have time to save and prepare and there is only one set of taxes to pay, not yours and the vendors.

There are also horror stories of unpaid bills coming in, sometimes years after purchase, which you are responsible for.  Everyone caught like this has insisted they went through a solicitor to ensure this wouldn't happen but it did.  Community fees, SUMA, Basura etc.  Only one or two have mentioned electric and water bills unpaid so it seems the utility companies have their act in order.

Horses for courses, I would say.

Like 0      
21 Apr 2007 5:15 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
I agree with Bobal, we're having a property built @ Las Kalendas near Fortuna, the agent Atlas and there tech? dept AIB are useless, but we find the Contractor Procamasa (they sub the building work out) OK to work with, after teething problems, we just stuck at it, if you don't understand or like what's being said question it! escalate your problem until you get the answer YOU WANT, we went over the heads of the client-care centre etc. we seem to be on the Wright track now, fingers crossed

Like 0      
27 Apr 2007 11:54 AM by smiffy Star rating in UK & Costa Almeria. 2 posts Send private message

Hi - we have bought from New Horizon Villas at Cucador - Overall very pleased, good quiet location, mainly Brits.  New Horizon Villas are nice people to deal with but get anything important to you, in writing in the contract!  From experience, don't rely on any verbal promises.  Did we get what was stated in the contract? No, but we can live with it.  Did they get all the optional items right? No.  Was the build quality good?  Yes, but as they sub contract, you depend on who they sub to, but I'm not aware of others complaining of quality issues.  Were they on time?  Fairly well, except their definition of finished and our definition varied.  Would we buy from them again?  Probably.  Are they worst than the other builders in the area?  No, they are generally regarded as one of the better companies and if nothing else, everyone that we know there, has got title deeds, which is much better than many poor buyers in the general Albox area who have used much better known and larger companies!  Hope this helps.

Like 0      
27 Apr 2007 12:12 PM by JHMurcia Star rating. 753 posts Send private message

We're buying off plan but looked for over two years before coming to that decision. All resale where we wanted to be was too expensive. Not that we dont want a quality property that someone has taken time with before putting on the market but we couldnt afford them. Resale would have been great- established, often furnished, facilities all set up, no waiting for the build and snagging and all the rest. Our hope now is that as we are not buying for investment these recent market wobbles will have little effect. We've actually gone to a region that is new to us to get a price we can afford and thats generally what friends and associates have been telling us to do over the last year as they've looked far and beyond C.D.S for properties in their price ranges. 

Jan & Mike

Like 0      
27 Apr 2007 6:08 PM by paddyswife Star rating in Shropshire. 12 posts Send private message

Hi everyone,  many thanks for all the posts and advice received.

We have taken everything onboard from all the posts and as far as possible, have had everything put in writing from New Horizon and sent to the Solicitor who I may add advised us on a few things and changed them in the contract.

New Horizon agreed to everything and emailed us the new contract which the Solicitor had amended.

smiffy, lets hope you are close enough to come and have a beer one night! 

Robert, I hope you are able to sort something out and your dream doesn,t slip away altogether.

suz

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

san miguel de salinas - 1 posts
Selling Houses Abroad. C4 17.04.07 - 7 posts
Costa Blanca and Murcia Entertainment Agencies or anyone wanting Karaoke - 0 posts
driving license - 1 posts
What other bills should we expect!! - 3 posts
The more I read.......... - 6 posts
School fees.......... - 22 posts
broadband and telephone (torrevieja to san pedro) - 1 posts
Elegance Dona Julia. - 38 posts
If i get one more bloody phone call !!! grrrr - 6 posts
Help please - 3 posts
San Remo, Almoradi - 12 posts
car insurance - 3 posts
Direct ferries from Britian to Spain - 16 posts
The Bargain Property Experiment - 155 posts
Edwina - 4 posts
Tower cranes - 9 posts
Is this idea realistic? - 3 posts
Bank Guarantee. - 4 posts
Consider this before buying in Spain - 28 posts
Aifos running out of money - 0 posts
Help - 1 posts
Furniture packages: Value for money?? - 28 posts
STILL AWAITING HABITATION LICENCE - 3 posts
DUMP FOR OFF TOPIC COMMENTS - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x