If i get one more bloody phone call !!! grrrr

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by kez74 Star rating in cheshire. 50 posts Send private message

kez74´s avatar

Ok so you look through properties for sale in your search engine....and request a brochure  from various firms(which you cant do without telling them all your details)

So request a brochure i do and what happens.... 25 million phones calls a day ( ok so maybe not that many) i have ticked the box to say that i dont plan to move for about another 2 years..........but ring they do.....and again and again....oh and again.................i am not planing on moving for 2 years i only want to see whats on offer etc etc i tell them i will contact you should i require anymore information.......so then another agent from the same company rings an hour or so later and i tell them the same thing.

Anyway i dont think i will request any more brochures...........probably my own stupid fault....................

Like 0      
18 Apr 2007 9:01 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Maybe it's a reflection of the hard times that many agents are facing at the moment.  I think agents probably chase up leads a lot more than they may have done before simply because there aren't so many of them any more.

Just STOP filling in those forms!!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Apr 2007 11:10 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Kez 74 and others if you're interested

Don't ever put in your phone number, I know it won't let you past but just put in 000000000 and it goes through. Sorry i know it's closing the barn door but just for your future reference and you can browse in peace.

Like 0      
18 Apr 2007 11:13 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Maybe this is the right thread????

I don't know if this is in the right thread, have read so many different ones and lots of different horror stories lately.

I think that so many people out there have bought off plan and had problems (not all) but a lot.

I think Spain is going down the same route with off plan purchasing as started happening 2 years ago in the UK. The days of off plan buying to flip the property on completion and make a good profit are gone. Buyers must look on their investment or holiday home as a long term project and not rely on the being able to sell straight away or "guaranteed rental"

The majority of problems seem to be on the off plan projects. "nothing like they were promised, smaller rooms, building stopped etc etc. I think there are so many key ready and almost built (something you can see) that personally I would look at those options rather than the illustrations. That's what we did as I'm useless with off plan. Like to see what i'm getting. Fortunately for us it worked out, but just think what you would do over here. Look at properties, research the areas and check out all that you possibly can. Spain is no different. Just my opinion

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 10:56 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 7:28 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

It's timeshare.  The offers are genuine, both myself and my wife have attended and come away with a weeks holiday for the admin fee, this wasn't with Club La Costa by the way.  The options you get for flights are quite good as well as I remember.  All you have to remember, as someone on here has said about buying property, is to keep your cheque book in your pocket.  After going through a 2hr timeshare presentation in the UK, paying your £29.50 each and then jetting off for a weeks free holiday, be prepared for a 4 hour presentation and viewing of progressively more impressive apartments.  At the end of the sales pich, tell them you have decided that it's not for you and they then leave you alone to enjoy the weeks holiday.

IF you decide that timeshare is for you, then look on Ebay and you can buy at a fraction of the cost.  Timeshare has hardly any resale value and does not represent an investment where you will see a return on your money, There are timeshares in Scotland for sale on ebay for £1.  We bought a 2 bedroom sleep 6 apartment for the 1st 2 weeks in June every year for the rest of our natural in Fuengirola at a Club La Costa resort all for £1000.  On our 1st visit to Fuengirola last year we had a phone call inviting us to a 'Free' breakfast and a tour of the resort.  This culminated in a sales pitch to 'upgrade' to a holiday points system and Club La Costa offered us £23,000 for our 2 weeks timeshare (we had to add something like another £14,000 to buy the points).  We politely declined and have not been bothered by sales on subsequent visits.

We have decided that after this years holiday in June we will sell the timeshare and already have a buyer who has offered us £2,000.  So if you keep a sensible head and buy from the right place timeshare can give you cheap holidays in nice apartments equipped with satellite TV and all the mod cons, they also tend to be rather gentile and don't attract the lager louts.

Kelju

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 7:21 AM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help please - 3 posts
San Remo, Almoradi - 12 posts
car insurance - 3 posts
Direct ferries from Britian to Spain - 16 posts
The Bargain Property Experiment - 155 posts
Edwina - 4 posts
Tower cranes - 9 posts
Is this idea realistic? - 3 posts
Bank Guarantee. - 4 posts
Consider this before buying in Spain - 28 posts
Aifos running out of money - 0 posts
Help - 1 posts
Furniture packages: Value for money?? - 28 posts
STILL AWAITING HABITATION LICENCE - 3 posts
DUMP FOR OFF TOPIC COMMENTS - 16 posts
MORE ARRESTS IN MARBELLA - 5 posts
Atlas international - 21 posts
help!! confused!! - 16 posts
any opinions on Formentera del Segura ? - 94 posts
Removals costs - 14 posts
Great Places to Walk Dogs - 2 posts
When will we have our garage? - 5 posts
Albondon - 7 posts
Albondon - 0 posts
Mosquito Eaters - 20 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x