Marbella Rugby Championship - proud mum posting!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Well have I had the most fabulous day! Took son this morning to the Marbella rugby ground as they had the semi and then finals of the Andalucian Juvenil championships.

Marbella started in the first game against Seville and stuffed them. Son made 2 out of the 7 trys! Followed by 5 conversions.

So into the finals they went and boy was it a hard drawn game. Back and forth up and down the pitch, all were very tired but fought like crazed tigers to the end. Very sporting for children of the age and what a very well formulated team.

Our guys scored a try after the 15th minute (20 mins each way on full sized pitch) with the conversion just a tad too acute to be scored.

A later penalty took the points to 8 - 0 where it stayed despite some real hairraising play form St Geronimo (Seville)

Then the whistle went and our guys had won!

2 bottles of champagne were sprayed over them and the presentation of the trophy alongside medals commenced.

I watched and was pretty well behaved, tinto verano in one hand and a hot dog in the other, under the sun with the view of the mountains to the right. What a setting and what a fabulous day!

The team - now the Official Champions of Andalucia are through to the national games probably in Madrid within the next few weeks - so a trip up there for me too!

Im still dead chuffed, my heart ready to burst and with a tear in my eye.

How the babies grow up!

Hope everyone has a great weekend - I will be walking on clouds for a little while.

This message was last edited by Rixxy on 4/14/2007.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
14 Apr 2007 6:22 PM by Rose1 Star rating in El Pilar, Estepona. 78 posts Send private message

Rose1´s avatar

What an amazingly proud moment for you, Rixxy! I got quite choked up reading about your son's achievement (I am a bit soft like that) and you are quite right to be bursting with pride. I hope he is, too. Thank you for sharing it with us - shout it from the rooftops, and roll on Madrid!

Like 0      
14 Apr 2007 7:11 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Thanks for that Rose. Yes I am so so proud. To achieve something yourself is one thing but when one of your kids does it all by themselves its totally another.

Makes all the aggro, hard work and daily grind and slog well worth it.

Im quite hoarse from all the shouting as well! And a bright red face from the sun. But I dont care!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
14 Apr 2007 8:16 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Congrats Rixxy and Rixxy JUnior - you must be very proud and justifiably so - perhaps Malaga province will be able to show the rest of Spain something when it comes to the National Championships - we seem to be also rans at footie so it will be good to have a sport where this part of the country can show the rest of Spain how to do it

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
14 Apr 2007 8:45 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

This message was last edited by JeansSis on 5/18/2007.

Like 0      
14 Apr 2007 8:47 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Janice did she send you the photo of herself after the game - pssst  have you got copies of the netball ones as well?

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
14 Apr 2007 8:52 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
14 Apr 2007 8:54 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Wow Rixxy - How lovely to see and hear how loving and supportive you are to your son. It brought a lump to my throat reading your post. A huge congrats to your son and his team and good luck to them for Madrid!

Having worked with primary school children all my working life your son will remember your support and it means much more than you know in his personal development and self esteem. You seem to certainly have all the right priorities in life and live life to the full, working hard, playing hard and enjoying your family - what a lady! 

Julia

Like 0      
14 Apr 2007 10:25 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Thanks so much for all your thoughts guys. Yes Jules Im dead proud of both my kids. I moved to Spain mainly for their future and have no regrets at all

My daughter was very into athletics middle distance running when she was 11 and 12 - 4 years ago and ran for Malaga. The training was very intense and she opted to concentrate on her studies - a hard decision but in the long one a good one. She was also into swimming and badminton.

They get it from me as I was into all sports when at school and college and its great to see them enjoying it. Chris has only been in rugby a few months - this is his first season but he has a flair for it and is quite a force on the field.

At 14 (15 in 2 weeks time) he stands 6ft 2, pretty solid and weighs in at 83 kilos! Throws me around like a rag doll at times and is a bugger in the swimming pool!

I reckon I can still actually sprint faster than them though and always beat them to the sweet shop!!

Still, its a poud day and I will let you all know how they fare at National level.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
14 Apr 2007 11:22 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Not surprised you can sprint faster - you have 4 legs so it wouldnt be too difficult - unless of course it runs in the family (forgive the pun)

Like 0      
14 Apr 2007 11:26 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Well normally if Im on all fours then I would be rather the worse for wear and a bit slow! At least I finally find my way home - eventually!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
14 Apr 2007 11:46 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Why are you suggesting that I dont find my way home - actually it has been known but thats another story!

Like 0      
14 Apr 2007 11:49 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
No not at all, you are a very resposible croc. I meant me - I always find my way home, eventually.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
14 Apr 2007 11:56 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

14 Apr 2007 11:59 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Tried that and it led me in a circle! Luckily gut feeling gets me exactly where I want to go and where I need to be.

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 6:46 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

OK Guys - the finals are on in 2 weeks time over the weekend of the 5th may! Will keep you posted and the photos are in various papers.

blogs.diariosur.es/index.php/rugby_en_malaga/2007/04/17/title_213#comments  To see some pics of my little boy!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Apr 2007 8:02 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar
Rixxy, congratulations to your son, you deserve to be proud.  I'm a proud mother too.  My youngest son has been accepted into stage school.  I will only let him go part time though, important to get qualifications too. 

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 11:56 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Yes its hard to know when to let them do what they want and at the same time you KNOW they still have to study. My daughter had the same dilemma as she was in the Mijas athletics club and doing very well for her age group - came 6th in a major race meet against kids a year older than her (and her first competition) with the distance 2.5km or something like that!

But training was 4 nights a week and she studies hard - not forced by me at all - so she decided she would go for the studies and now plays volleyball and badminton. Bit of a shame but there you go

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 12:05 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

Like 0      
20 Apr 2007 12:09 PM by JeansSis Star rating. 2376 posts Send private message

JeansSis´s avatar

I

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

anyone seen my kids? abducted and taken to porta banus - 5 posts
Parking - 2 posts
My driving license has hit a brick wall! - 28 posts
BEWARE!!! EXCESS BAGGAGE - 32 posts
candymar los pacos fuengirola - 0 posts
Completion Works On New Developments - 7 posts
purchased in 2001 and still not finished - 4 posts
Mast for Broadband and Landline phones. - 5 posts
Offset Mortgages - 3 posts
FRAUDULENT MORTGAGE BROKER NICKED AT NOTARY - 8 posts
Anyone buying on Royal Dreams Site in Albudeite? - 8 posts
understanding spanish written word - 5 posts
EMERGENCY GAS ENGINEERS - 11 posts
Joinery work in Spain - 6 posts
Sold Again!!! - 3 posts
Solo hablamos español por favor - 50 posts
Spanish ONLY in here PLEASE. - 35 posts
Computer problem!!! - 14 posts
Lanzarote Villa - damp problem - 0 posts
Buy/Register Car in Gib and run in Spain - 5 posts
arenal 2000 benalmadena golf - 10 posts
For you men out there - 94 posts
A note of caution - 10 posts
Military/Service Pensions - 3 posts
Car Trailer For Sale - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 30

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x