NEED A NIGHT OUT SOOOON!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Anyone who's met me from the forum will know that I'm up for a story or two! But the last few days I've been chasing up and down the N340 looking for a place to stay close to a school for my 7 year old daughter Nina. Veronika my partner would ideally like her in a good Spanish School to ensure she learns the language asap. Personally, a good private school would suit me fine but Veronika being Austrian, has a way of getting her way with these matters!

So, of course the weather has been C**p recently and I've been in and out of agents offices trying to locate the ideal rental as well as visiting Council Offices and Schools. Not speaking Spanish at all I've managed to master a few Spanish phrases that actually got me in front of the school principle in one school in Elviria the other day. It was a bit of a farce really has every time he nodded his head and smiled I thought he was understanding my pathetic attempts to converse with him? No such luck as most of  the time he was trying to tell me that the school was full and he ended up drawing a picture of the school with kids hanging out of the windows that demonstrated this fact! Anyway, to date not much success with anything but all day in and out of the car is very tiring and I've had lots of early nights recently........

Anyway, yesterday afternoon the sun came out and I enjoyed relaxing in the sun out on the terrace, watched the Grand National and later the Reds stroll past Watford on their way to Wembley again! Thought I'll put the rubbish in the bin, have a shower and pop down to P Banus, have a meal and take in the sights. It was just before 8pm when I walked out the door and immediately I heard a BANG! It was the front door closing! I'd left the patio window open and the wind blew it closed!!

So there I am in my bare feet wearing just a pair of shorts (Not a pretty sight) thinking of my next move? I tried the apartment next door thinking I could climb over a large Palm Tree onto my balcony. I'm not that brave but what the hell these were desperate times! No Joy, so I had a wander around the complex thinking deeply about my predicament. Then I did something stupid again....Thought its been far too cold to swim in the pool so yes in my frustration I jumped in the pool! It was bloody freezing but thought I'm in now so I did a few lengths and got out feeling refreshed! Of course I had no towel so I shivered myself dry and It was getting dark!

So, I wandered back to my apartment, tried next door again and amazingly a lady answered......Of course there I was still in my bare feet and shorts and still looking a bit damp but I explained my predicament and asked if I could try to climb back onto my balcony? (It was either that or asking for a bed for the night!!) It turned out she'd been in the shower when I'd called earlier but she smiled and welcomed me in anyway! (No comments Smiley) First of all I looked over her balcony to see if I could possibly stretch over the top of the Palm tree and lunge for the rail on my side. I Chickened out of that plan! Then I saw that there was a small gap at the top of the adjoining wall about 12 feet up and I thought, Maybe? I asked the lady if I could us her patio table but it was still not high enough so I then asked her for a chair as well. So there I was stood on the chair and I "went for it" I managed to reach the point of no return edging very slowly over the top of the wall on my stomach! I remember the lady saying "Are you alright"? Then I disappeared into the gloom and amazingly managed to land on my feet!! I shouted back "Yes, I'm fine" and thanked her but actually I quickly discovered a large bruise and scratches on my side but I was so relieved to be "back home" I hadn't felt a thing!

So that's it, my excitement for the day was over and I settled down had a sandwich and a beer and watched TV and then another early night!

Anyone fancy a Night Out sooooon, I promise to come Fully Dressed!!

This message was last edited by miket on 4/15/2007.

Mike T

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 12:50 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
HI MATE - ANOTHER BLOODY ACCIDENT - WHAT ARE YOU LIKE - RING ME, YOU GOT THE NUMBER - I WILL GO OUT WITH YOU - YOURE A MANC SO CANT LEAVE YOU IN THE LURCH - COULD HAVE DONE WITH YOU IN HERE LAST NIGHT I WAS BEING GANGED UP ON BY SUPPOSEDLY THOSE OF THE FAIRER SEX - SOME BROAD CALLED HUDSEY HAS ARRIVED AND CLEARLY IS SPOILING FOR A FIGHT WITH EVERYTHING MALE AND SHE WAS BEING EGGED ON BY THAT BLOODY UNICORN!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 4:48 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Mikey - how on earth do you get yourself in these scrapes! Having said that I did the very same thing years ago in Fuengy. We went to next door neighbour to ask about getting access but he said no (5th floor apartment) and then told us how to use a piece of plastic to gain access!

Turns out he is the local police seargant and he has always been fine with us!

Im up for an afternoon but cant do an evening Im afraid - got kids etc you know! But you boys have a nice time.

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:13 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
As they say it takes a thief to catch a thief and considering Malaya there would appear to be as many in the force as out of it

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:19 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Yes it was rather worrying how much he knew and also what to use! However it has been handy at times when Ive locked myself out - and also when tenants have done the same!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:31 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Know who to call when I lock myself out of my jamjar then

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:33 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
I got a hammer for that scenario

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:37 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

I'm off out for a bite now but I'm Free Monday or Tuesday evening?

Now where are my door Keys?

Mike T

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:39 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Good job I know where the spare key is then - you bloody vandal!

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:40 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
U got a spare key for Mikey's door??? Care to elaborate on why for the viewers please?? Hmmmm!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:43 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Yeah it was hanging off his key RING and I just picked it up for any eventuality 

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:44 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
You ARE sharp today! Loved it, finally smiling myself 

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:49 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Not as sharp as my teeth - why no smiling? Gotta smile when you talking to Smiley - oh sorry forgot the headache. Thatll teach you to be out til all hours after a day in the sun hitting the bottle. No change that, you have my sympathy it has been a beautiful day outside today and if you cant celebrate after yesterdays victory when can you -

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:50 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Well Rixxy, he was wearing his Ten Gallon hat at the time and I never saw him coming.........................

Mike T

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:52 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Thought youd gone for a bite to eat!

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:52 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ah no o no - Who was wearing a 10 gallon hat when you didnt see him coming - and why was he... no gotta stop that one!

Yes Smiley today beautiful, have been out in the sun for a while topping the tan but not all day. Even the 1g paracetamol isnt shifting it !!!

Ah well, tomorrow is another day - Monday!!!!!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:57 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Oh yeah and that Monday morning feeling - not sure whether its worse than a hangover or not - still schools back tomorrow so a return to sanity for the summer term - well at least 5 days a week

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 6:59 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Ok, I'm off now Patrick. I'll leave you two to slog it out again!!

Good Luck with the headache Rixxy. You must have enjoyed getting it, so no sympathy there then!

Mike T

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 7:03 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Well thanks Mikey - thought you would mop my brow while Im suffering!

And Spainsh kids have been back a week already!

Gotta go now and sort the TEA out!!!!!!! No friggin rest for the poorly! Youde think the sods would leave me alone as Im bad!

Back later folks. Enjoy your sarnie Mikey

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
15 Apr 2007 7:04 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Well it looks as if everyone has gone so might as well log out myself - have a nice evening folks I am going for a swim

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Koi in Spain - 20 posts
early repayment of mortgage - 16 posts
Self Cert Mortgages - 35 posts
Marbella Rugby Championship - proud mum posting! - 29 posts
anyone seen my kids? abducted and taken to porta banus - 5 posts
Parking - 2 posts
My driving license has hit a brick wall! - 28 posts
BEWARE!!! EXCESS BAGGAGE - 32 posts
candymar los pacos fuengirola - 0 posts
Completion Works On New Developments - 7 posts
purchased in 2001 and still not finished - 4 posts
Mast for Broadband and Landline phones. - 5 posts
Offset Mortgages - 3 posts
FRAUDULENT MORTGAGE BROKER NICKED AT NOTARY - 8 posts
Anyone buying on Royal Dreams Site in Albudeite? - 8 posts
understanding spanish written word - 5 posts
EMERGENCY GAS ENGINEERS - 11 posts
Joinery work in Spain - 6 posts
Sold Again!!! - 3 posts
Solo hablamos español por favor - 50 posts
Spanish ONLY in here PLEASE. - 35 posts
Computer problem!!! - 14 posts
Lanzarote Villa - damp problem - 0 posts
Buy/Register Car in Gib and run in Spain - 5 posts
arenal 2000 benalmadena golf - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 49

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x