Reply button

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by rodger Star rating in Lulworth, Dorset.. 59 posts Send private message

IE7. Why is it the page jumps when I click the Reply  or "Submit new thread" button and then have to click it again?

Like 0      
15 Sep 2009 6:07 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

hmm, does this happen to everyone? 

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
15 Sep 2009 7:05 PM by costas Star rating in Estepona. 33 posts Send private message

Testing from IE7 - I didn't get the jump. I wonder if it's an XP issue, maybe it opens up a little yellow bar on the top of the window? Asking "are you sure you want to submit data" or something similar?

This message was last edited by costas on 15/09/2009.

Like 0      
15 Sep 2009 7:16 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Hi Justin and Costas,

I don't have jumping pages but the site is ridiculously slow today. I thought it was my PC but no. I can navigate perfectly swiftly to and around other sites. Is it me or is it you??

Like 0      
15 Sep 2009 8:06 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

+1 for me too.

Lots of page not found errors too!!

Mark

Like 0      
15 Sep 2009 11:11 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Yeah, sorry about the slowness of the site.  25,000 pages being translated in 49 languages is giving the server a run for its money.

It should be better over the next day or two.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
15 Sep 2009 11:33 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Ah, that explains it.

EOS is going GLOBAL!!!

Like 0      
16 Sep 2009 11:17 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We certainly are!  70% of internet traffic is now non-English speaking so we are hoping to grab a slice of that.

Let's see what happens but we are already seeing around an extra 1000 visitors per day from just 5 of the languages on the site.

Interesting times ahead.

Justin

Like 0      
16 Sep 2009 11:58 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

The site was completely out for me yesterday evening and soooooooooo slow today!

Like 0      
18 Sep 2009 1:07 AM by roddy1 Star rating in Leeds/ Balsicas. 250 posts Send private message

roddy1´s avatar

Site is very very slow, taking 2 mins to load a page, is it not better to reduce some of the less frequent languages, then risk losing current members sanity! 

Like 0      
18 Sep 2009 1:13 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I know, the site has been painful for the past couple of days.  We are looking to make some changes to speed it up again before the weekend.

Justin

Like 0      
18 Sep 2009 11:49 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Well, it's crashed again this morning, just as I pressed the "post" button on a pm I've been trying to send since Tuesday! 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Carrying cash through the airports - 3 posts
Got a buyer but what to do with the cash? - 19 posts
Power Of Attorney - 1 posts
Advice From Justin Re. Sicily - 1 posts
costa advice bureau - 1 posts
How best to market Costa del Sol property to buyers in Madrid? - 2 posts
Spain: the property street market for europeans - 0 posts
Charity Event For Cancer Relief in Torreguadiaro 26/09 - 0 posts
Property in the Estepa area - 0 posts
The restore action - 4 posts
patrick swayze has died today - 5 posts
Costa Blanca TV - 12 posts
derek - 0 posts
Two ordered to prison for refusing to demolish their illegally-built home .. - 0 posts
Agency fees - 3 posts
Tercero Mundo en Espana! - 6 posts
Free Luggage Allowence - 6 posts
fishing - 0 posts
rural property in tabernas - 1 posts
How close should you let your 2 year old get to a tiger? - 0 posts
Can anyone recommend a hotel in Granada? - 7 posts
Auriga Crown - 30 posts
We have Set a Moving Date!!!! - 6 posts
painting and decorating - 0 posts
Alteration Castral letter - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x