Auriga Crown

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Feb 2010 11:00 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

To be honest I don't remember exactly what the amount was. I should apologise as II was quoting a throwaway figure based on the £65 quoted by y100, but I don't know what length of time his hire was. If it was only 3€ a day, then with retrospect, more fool me, as they managed to get more out of me. I guess my point is that I just like to pay for what I am getting. If I choose not to take out extra insurance then they have my card number, surely they can charge it if it is necessary. Even at 3€ a day it is still 30% of my car hire costs. As a percentage this seems steep for extra insurance.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2010 12:52 AM by victor meldrew Star rating. 185 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Got my deposit back   'automatically'  after 3 days. I gained because of £ / € change in value over the week. I have lost on other occasions. Fuel finally on a full / full basis....why should it be otherwise?  Pay for what you use. The needle was higher when I left the vehicle ....above full,        than when I picked it up, just below.       Pay for insure for car hire      www.insure4carhire.com     or co .uk   £45 p.a  to cover tyres   etc.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2010 1:58 PM by gnik Star rating in calahonda. 28 posts Send private message

Has anyone tried  'Hire Cars In Spain', I have booked for 4 weeks in May/June for 551 euro's (29 days) for Ford Fiesta. I'm not sure if there are any hidden extras.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2010 2:59 PM by chrisb1972 Star rating in West Yorkshire and L.... 12 posts Send private message

gnik,

What company is supplying the car ? I have tried AurigaCrown from Valencia but no cars shown - only GoldCar and they do like to make their money from extras, ie fuel, insurances, a charge of any extra drivers (used to be 1st one free).  

I was with a friend recently and he was charged 70€ for fuel on a Fiesta. The guy in the Goldcar office admitted you can not get 70€ of fuel in a Fiesta but thats the charge !! 

Chris

Like 0      
27 Feb 2010 9:48 PM by gnik Star rating in calahonda. 28 posts Send private message

Chris

Hire car company is MalagaCar

Like 0      
28 Feb 2010 5:00 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Hi everybody,

last time I was over (Christmas & New Year) I used Auriga Crown, booked through DYS. Because of the weather I was 2 days late picking up the car and DYS refunded the 2 days. AC charged 40 euros for fuel but refunded that when I returned the car with a full tank of fuel. I only paid 36 euros for the extra insurance and that was for 18 days hire.

I have just booked again for April and found DYS were the most competitive with their prices even for pick up at Alicante and drop off at Almeria. They state full / full basis but I presume if I take it back empty they will only charge 40 euros. Not like Gold Car who charged me 56 euros + another 14 euros because the car was diesel! Also AC provided triangle and hi-vis vest.

I always used to use Carjet but their prices are not so good anymore and they use Gold Car who love to rip you off.

Best wishes.

Tech

Like 0      
28 Feb 2010 5:35 PM by solostar Star rating in North Wales / Almora.... 101 posts Send private message

Hi there,

We have booked the last few times with Econorent, through " hire cars in spain," found them to be cheaper than "do you spain." We pick up and return car full. Cars are always clean and tidy, they are checked with you for any bumps, scratches etc. No complaints at all, plus they are always quick to reply to any e-mails.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2010 7:49 PM by tech Star rating in Maidstone/Turre when.... 83 posts Send private message

Hi solostar,

just looked up hirecarsinspain and to hire the car I wanted would have been £100 more expensive, also with Econrent i couldn't pick up at Alacante and drop of in Almeria. It showed I could do this with Auriga Crown but I couldn't get the price to come up. Have noticed this before with hirecarsin spain. maybe I'm doing something wrong.

regards.

Tech

Like 0      
28 Feb 2010 8:14 PM by chrisb1972 Star rating in West Yorkshire and L.... 12 posts Send private message

tech,

I had the same problem with 'hirecarsinspain' from Valencia airport - probably  Auriga do not supply to all car broker sites for all locations and  'hirecarsinspain' just show nothing when a search is done to these 'non' locations!!!

Chris 

This message was last edited by chrisb1972 on 28/02/2010.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2010 9:26 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Try emailing them if you have problems. Usually very quick to reply.

Mark

Like 0      
03 Mar 2010 10:58 PM by y100 Star rating in london/los montesino.... 36 posts Send private message

hi fultond just wanted to confirm that I paid £65 for everything. The car hire plus the insurance. And I will definitely be using Auriga again. They are the best that I have used at Alicante airport and I have used them all except hertz

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

We have Set a Moving Date!!!! - 6 posts
painting and decorating - 0 posts
Alteration Castral letter - 2 posts
TATA 4 door pick up truck for sale - 0 posts
Bad tenants - 0 posts
Anybody knows a good administrator in Costa del Sol? - 0 posts
BABY GIRL CLOTHES FOR 1 YEAR OLD IN VERY GOOD CONDITION - 0 posts
Coffee table very good condition. bargain - 0 posts
SKY DISH 1.2 FOR SALE. BARGAIN. - 0 posts
Warning online banking sacam - 5 posts
Car Hire deals or buying - 6 posts
looking for work in spain for DJ - 0 posts
Spanish Taxes - 3 posts
One for the petrol heads - 3 posts
Econorent - 8 posts
Golf Clubs - 0 posts
España camisa blanca de mi esperanza - 0 posts
Distressed properties - 0 posts
UK registered cars in Spain - 5 posts
Advice required, Title / Deed Transfer - 3 posts
short term parking at or around murcia airport - 1 posts
Ryanair Baggage return flight only - 17 posts
Would anyone be interested? - 4 posts
Tips for increasing your Spanish property rentals online - 6 posts
Taking a dog from Spain to France and back? - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x