How do I get from Marbella bus station at 11pm to Duquesa - the bus has stopped!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by PrincessK Star rating in Warwickshire / Duque.... 27 posts Send private message

Hi,  can anyone help ?

We fly in tonight (Sat 11 July) to Malaga and are getting the fast bus to Marbella bus station arriving at approx 11pm, the last bus to Estepona will have left at 10.40pm - does anyone have any ideas as to how we could get to Princessa Kristina ?

This message was last edited by PrincessK on 11/07/2009.

Like 0      
12 Jul 2009 9:45 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

That time of night it would have to be a taxi, Hope you got there ok.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
29 Jul 2009 11:02 AM by PrincessK Star rating in Warwickshire / Duque.... 27 posts Send private message

When we got to Marbella bus station we found out there is a bus to Estepona at 11pm which is not advertised in the papers on timetables etc.  However this bus did not turn up until 11.30 - as people were waiting we realised we had not missed it.

It was also the feria in Estepona so the atmostphere was lovely.  A taxi then to Duqesa was not as expensive.

We would certainly do this journey again.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2009 11:23 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Did you get the taxi from Estapona or Marbella, if you don't mind me asking how much did your taxi cost.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
29 Jul 2009 11:38 AM by PrincessK Star rating in Warwickshire / Duque.... 27 posts Send private message

We got the bus to Estepona bus station and walked up to Estepona port ( not far) as there were no taxis by the bus station.  The fare to Princessa Kristina was 22 euros.  It would have been 48 euro from Marbella bus station.

Even though it was late there were lots of people about (or was that just because it was feria?)

Like 0      
29 Jul 2009 12:36 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Thanks for that, I am coming out in Oct with my friend and don't want to hire a car so will do the same as you did.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
29 Jul 2009 7:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi PrincessK

You said 'When we got to Marbella bus station we found out there is a bus to Estepona at 11pm which is not advertised in the papers on timetables etc.  However this bus did not turn up until 11.30 - as people were waiting we realised we had not missed it. It was also the feria in Estepona'

Maybe it was a bus put on because of the feria.

Just thinking of you in October, Leema, should you require a late bus.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2009 8:42 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

Won't be a problem for me as I always go out on the 8.00am flight. The price of cars are so expensive and we go out lots to Duquesa so I want to try the bus a few times.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
30 Jul 2009 10:13 AM by PrincessK Star rating in Warwickshire / Duque.... 27 posts Send private message

It is quite clearly advertised at the bus station there is a bus at 11pm - there were a lot of people waiting for it and a few said they catch it on a regular basis but it is never on time and can be up to 45 minutes late.  I've got my timetable here and it is not shown - it's a case of pot luck I think.  The only thing to do if you are there and want this bus is ask people at the stand (7) if they are waiting for the Estepona bus.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2009 12:28 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

30 Jul 2009 12:44 PM by PrincessK Star rating in Warwickshire / Duque.... 27 posts Send private message

Many thanks ........  :o)

Like 0      
30 Jul 2009 3:39 PM by ttarrab Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

ttarrab´s avatar

Hi,

I would keep checking the Portillo website as the timetable changed the second week in September last year, they seem to run separate winter and summer timetables for some services.

I can recommend the bus services around Marbella/Estepona, I stay in Nuevo Andalucía in September every year and have not bothered with a hire car for the last two years.

Frank.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2009 4:02 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

The only problem I have with the Marbella - Estepona bus is that it takes ages.  About 1 hour 15 minutes if I remember correctly.

The sooner they get this new train line along to Algeciras the better.

David

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2009 4:57 PM by PrincessK Star rating in Warwickshire / Duque.... 27 posts Send private message

I'll keep my eye on the web site, I will be back out in a weeks time.

Hire cars are a ridiculous price now with so many add ons for fuel, insurance, wheels....  We had to pay 110 euros more than quoted to cover the last car - they charged us 65 euros for fuel, we filled it up and could only get 29 euros worth in it - what a rip off.

We have a UK car out in Spain at the moment and have had since early June - being a convertible it is ideal for the Spanish weather.  For what it cost to drive it over - and it was a very nice journey it is well worth doing it for 6 months.  We plan on driving the coast of Spain back to France at the end of September to see parts we've never visited before.  10 nights stop over covering 2 journeys and petrol still doesn't come to what I would have to pay for hiring a convertible for 5 months.

It'll be back to hire cars from October though...

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

water leak - are we responsible? - 4 posts
Repossessed properties--BEWARE - 1 posts
Has anyone successfully bought a heavily discounted property on the formerly Arenal Duquesa site? - 8 posts
Bank Guarantee - 12 posts
Hot Tub on Terrace? - 5 posts
Sewage smell coming from Aircon Vents.. - 7 posts
fractional ownership - 3 posts
non resident bank charges - 19 posts
Gas BBQ - Garden Furniture - 2 posts
Getting a Fishing Licence?? - 2 posts
murcia ? within my budget nice area ? algorfa , cabo roig, san miquel de salinas any thoughts - 4 posts
financing a new car - 3 posts
Two excellent websites with reviews (by local diners)of restaurants on the Costa Blanca - 1 posts
EOS 5th birthday on Saturday - 20 posts
Key Lounges - 1 posts
Aeroclub ULM Vera - 1 posts
might b going to monda village - 0 posts
WERE THERE - 16 posts
Wealth and income tax non resident - 4 posts
Anti-Glare Window Film - 1 posts
How to translation these 2 sentenses? - 9 posts
Gibraltar Magazine - 1 posts
MM2 update - 1 posts
Cambank - 2 posts
Question regarding 11month rental - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x