UK tax office and paying tax in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Jun 2009 12:00 AM by smiffyinspain Star rating. 61 posts Send private message

I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with the UK tax office. I moved to spain in September 2008 and I am still trying to sort out my tax with the UK tax office. I completed a form FD9 and sent this off to the UK tax office after it had been signed by the Delegacion de Hacienda del domicillio fiscal for certification.

I receive a works pension in the uk which I pay uk tax on. I decided to pay the tax in Spain because I saved over three hundred pounds by doing so. Now I wish I had not bothered.

I did not hear from the UK tax office for a while and I complained now I have received a letter from them stating they have not received my FD9 form ( a typical cop out response). I am now paying Spanish and UK tax on my pension which I cant afford to do.

Im trying to get a refund from the UK tax autorities but it is turning out to be a minefield. They dont make the task easy in claiming tax back that you have overpaid.

I was wondering if any other uk resident was having the same problems and if there is a service here in spain where I can get this sorted out.

Thanks

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Potential Group action against CAM Bank for negligence - 1 posts
Satelitte Dish & Stand - 1 posts
Strawberries - 2 posts
Euro rate in Spain - 6 posts
Interest Only Mortgages - 6 posts
Cats ,is it just me ? - 20 posts
French lessons/French conversation - 0 posts
car parking in Valencia - 0 posts
Community charge - 2 posts
Lost Purse - Reward offered - 0 posts
French lessons/native speakers - 7 posts
wanted highchair - 1 posts
Mother and toddler group - 7 posts
Petrol stations close to San Javier airport - 7 posts
FITTED KITCHEN MAKE ME AN OFFER - 4 posts
AIR CONDITIONING UNITS MAKE ME AN OFFER - 4 posts
Primark Algeciras - 34 posts
QUESTION FOR MARIA - 1 posts
QUESTION FOR MARIA - OR LAWBIRD - 4 posts
Wanted long term rental - 4 posts
Auriga Crown/Alicante- No new Fleet! - 64 posts
long-term parking murcia airport - 4 posts
CORRUPT SPAIN - CLAYTON GES - FINCA PARCS - FINCA EXPERT - 19 posts
AGM Minutes - 0 posts
Re: Motor tricycle syndrome - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x