Air con auto switch off

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 May 2009 5:09 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just to bring this thread out and dust it down again . I had a reply about some of the things brought up about the unit:

Ecosense was designed specifically to offer a fair compromise between owners, and clients, to save energy, and increase the life expectancy of equipment.

Ecosense was designed to ensure A/C equipment is turned off by means of its own control system, if you switch of A/C by removing the power supply (i.e. timers & coin/card operated switching) then you could cause long term damage to the A/C and invalidate the warranty.

As from January this year, every property in spain has been allocated an electrical allowance per month, if you exceed that allowance a fine is levied as a percentage of the bill. So at the end of this season there will be some very unhappy owners.

Finally yes there are A/C's on the market that have inbuilt PIR movement detection, but the control of this function is available to the client via the A/C remote, (somewhat defeats the objective) and yes you could disable Ecosense by unscrewing it from the ceiling and removing the batteries, but personally i think it unlikely.

Hopefully this put some minds at rest over perceived problems. Reading another forum shows owners using the units successfully in several countries.

Mark

Like 0      
28 Aug 2009 4:21 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Just following up on the last postings.

We have now had our leccie bills for July and August this year. Last year our bill for these 2 months was just shy of €200. This year we have made a saving of €90 on last year's bills for the same period, plus also factor in the fact that prices have risen and it has been a really hot year this year.

I will hold my hands up and say it isn't all down to the ecosensor as we purchased 2 fans this year which will also have contributed to the lower consumption. But I have to say, I think it works .

Mark

Like 0      
29 Aug 2009 4:47 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Hi Mark,

What exactly is Ecosense? How does Ecosense work? Is it easy to install it yourself ?

Thanks.

Like 0      
29 Aug 2009 7:03 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

All it is is a timed infra red movement sensor. You programme it to the same switch off freqeuncy as your a/c unit using the remote (takes less than a minute), and screw it to the ceiling (in line of sight of the IR sensor on your a/c unit) with two screws. Whenever movement isn't sensed by the IR, it will start a countdown to the preset time of 15/ 30/ 45 minutes before it issues the switch off command to your a/c unit. There is a night time setting so that it doesn't switch off in the hours of darkness, obviously when everyone is bed.

Mark

Like 0      
30 Aug 2009 4:41 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Does this sensor work on any brand or type of air con unit & where can you get it in Spain (Rojales, Alicante area)?

Do you need 1 sensor per air con unit?

This message was last edited by Forhotspot on 30/08/2009.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2009 4:44 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Email the company at the beginning of the thread, they are very helpful. There is a list of supported units, but it is not definitive. If you can't find your brand, ask them. I believe they are also the European distributors, so mail order from them is the way to go. When I originally purchased mine it came with a money back guarantee if it didn't work, and I know of at least one other poster that was also offered the same guarantee.

Mark

Like 0      
30 Aug 2009 5:44 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Thanks Mark for your info. I'm not keen on mail order as it's too troublesome. I'll see if they sell them in the shops when I move over.

Like 0      
30 Aug 2009 5:49 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

They send them by courier next day, so they don't have a habit of getting lost and can be easily tracked. It is only a small box, but the amount of bubble wrap they put around it would have padded a jubo jet

Mark

Like 0      
30 Aug 2009 7:39 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

I'm not worried about getting lost. My luck is not good with these UPS people. I got so annoyed with them wasting my time waiting for them & they don't even have the patience to wait for 5 secs for me to answer the door.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

what can you do if your company defaults on redundancy payments - 7 posts
Long term rental Townhouse / Villa Mijas / Fuengirola region - 0 posts
furniture pack for sale - 0 posts
Costa De La Luz - 3 posts
need to buy some things - 3 posts
Ley de Costas - 2 posts
House rules - 11 posts
please click for cancer help - 0 posts
Tenant in need of advice - owner selling - 4 posts
Garden swing, sun loungers - 0 posts
Helping out - 0 posts
Shopping opening times over the Easter Holidays - 9 posts
I need to rent out our 3 bed apartment in Almoradi - 4 posts
paul mc pake - 4 posts
Swimming pool installers - 2 posts
Problem with a thread, EOS. - 0 posts
Irish Road Bowling El Raso - 17 posts
Awning- service and repair - 3 posts
What a dilema - 10 posts
Sack the Administrator? - 12 posts
taking a motorbike test in spain - 9 posts
Staying in Almoradi - getting about by bus or taxi ? - 6 posts
Happy Easter - 8 posts
Single beds for sale, hardly used Playa Flamenca - 1 posts
Furniture for Sale - 2 bed apartment - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x