Should someone ask you before they PM you?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

We're making some more changed to the site...of course...and one of the things I'm thinking is to set it so that if a member wants to contact you by private message that they have to request permission from your first before they can PM you.

What do you think?

This would stop people you don't want to contact you through the private massage facility.

Would appreciate your thoughts please!

Thanks

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
30 Mar 2009 7:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I'd quite like to block the odd one, I guess   .  It really doesn't worry me.

Would people bother to ask ? Maybe it would just mean no one would bother sending PMs which would be sad.

Would you be lifting the new members minimum posts till they could send/receive PMs, is that why you are thinking this will be better ? In that case yes, I see the idea would be better than we have it now.

How would members ask permission to PM though ? Many likely wouldn't see a request.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 3/30/2009.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2009 7:45 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

How about doing it a bit like Twitter, along the lines More is suggesting, in that you could give the members the option to block others contacting you, rather than people having to somehow ask permission?  So, if someone contacts you, and you don't want to receive their messages, you can just block them - period!  So then you only have to deal with the one message.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2009 8:39 PM by vbettcher Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

I agree with Pitby if people have to ask before private messing you many people will not bother to do it. Believe it or not there are still alot of shy people out there who don't want to discuss all their details in an open forum but they happily private message someone in the same postion as them.

The opportunity to block PMs would be good.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2009 11:30 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Thanks for the input.

Maybe the ability to block PMs from users would be better.  BUT, would you want the other person to know that you'd blocked them from sending you PMs?

Thanks

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Nearly new Funiture pack - 0 posts
JUSTIN: Can anyone else post after Gypsy on a certain thread ? - 1 posts
RECOMMENDED SOLICITOR - 3 posts
32" Sharp Television for sale - 0 posts
RE plating a car - 2 posts
CHECK YOU HAVE D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y REGISTERED THE SPANISH SIM IN YOUR MOBILE - 5 posts
4x4 Kia Sportage 2.0 Tdi 5door for sale - 3 posts
Internet and Land Line - 8 posts
If we can take a little time to stop ..... - 7 posts
Castoral Value of Property - 2 posts
Help - 1 posts
Nearly new Funiture pack - 0 posts
Still no address on property bought 12 months ago - 2 posts
Need furniture for -2 bedroom apartment - 0 posts
lar sol refunds - 0 posts
Any one got a pub pool table for sale with a slate top? - 0 posts
jive alive - 0 posts
flax horse bedding - 0 posts
flax horse bedding - 0 posts
Furniture wanted in Mojacar area - 1 posts
happy birthday more - 35 posts
MODERN JIVE CLASSES - 3 posts
El Gnomo Feliz 2 - Vera Playazo - near the newish Mercadona - 1 posts
DIET INSPIRATION AND DANCE - 2 posts
The Apprentice 2009 - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x