CHECK YOU HAVE D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y REGISTERED THE SPANISH SIM IN YOUR MOBILE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I have just posted in another thread but felt this warranted a new thread so it won't be lost in general chat.

30 Mar 2009 4:00 PM

morerosado

Send private message to morerosado"
This post belongs to the following thread: Can Movistar switch off your mobile service if you don't use it a lot ?

URGENT NOTE, PLEASE READ & DIGEST.

We went into the local Movistar shop in September 2008 to register our SIM card &, as far as we were concerned, they had done that & we even requested a copy of the info they had put on the computer to prove we'd done it.

So when we saw a text from Movistar this March, which we would normally delete as we don't understand or speak Spanish,  & it had 'targeta' & 'Nov 09' in it I decided we should return to the shop & ask advice. OH thought it was just a general text chucked out to all but it turned out not to be so.

When we went in September to register we let the staff get on with it & obviously expected them to do it correctly. We took our passports & all they wanted was a passport number (we're non residents) & the actual phone number. Seems that was not all correct & it was as well we went back when we received that text. Many of our friends have also received the same text but deleted it as they didn't understand it.

Apparently we WERE NOT REGISTERED AT ALL !!!

Staff looked at the print off they had given us in September & the text then called up the details. The woman took the SIM card out of our mobile & put the serial number on the PC then spent ages typing away before asking my OH to write his signature on an electronic pad then she handed us a print off without us asking for one. It had my OH's signature on it. We looked at it & my OH's Christian name was spelt incorrectly. We commented, she said 'pc is happy', his surname was down as his middle name, again we commented & got same response. We saw it did say United Kingdom in one area of the form but it had ' Nigeria'  in another area, more comment from us, comment from her...'PC is happy all is ok !!!'

What CAN you do ? It's Spain, they're a law unto themselves.

PLEASE WILL YOU ALL BE AWARE & CHECK YOU ARE DEFINITELY REGISTERED OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR CREDIT & SIM IN NOVEMBER THIS YEAR.

Like 0      
30 Mar 2009 4:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I tried to post after GYPSY in Can Movistar switch off your mobile service if you don't use it a lot ? but I just got a blank page !!!!!

I'm going to take the page they printed off to another Movistar shop as we're not happy with what's on it. They can change it. Our residence in Spain wasn't put on it either. There are some things that are optional but it seems they should've put our address on. We'll take our Padron next trip.

Mind you, I wonder what happens if you have a Spanish SIM but don't have a property ? Many just rent, some want a Spanish SIM if they have many Spanish contacts but they only come over on holiday & book into hotels.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 9:23 PM by Goldie Star rating. 154 posts Send private message

Hi

Would some one please give me an update with regards to registering  a spanish sim card. I do have a vodafone spanish sim card but as yet not registerd with the authorities. ie what details do I need to take with me when i go in August. The mobile phone I have is an unlocked british nokia.I am also a non resident.

Thanks for any help

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 10:04 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

Hi Goldie

I registered my orange sim cards when I was over in May. Very painless process - just went to our local orange shop with my phones, passport & a recent utility bill & they did it all from there. I'm sure if you go to your local vodafone shop they can sort it for you no problem.

Hope this helps.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 10:12 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Goldie

After I last posted we did go into the local Movistar shop where we'd been before (after getting that text) & they said new info meant they needed it redoing. We have had it all checked elsewhere now & all's well. Updated info below

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 2009

We have a Spanish Movistar SIM card. Movistar shop only wanted our SIM card (they remove the SIM card from whatever phone you're using it in, that hardly matters, as it's the serial number on the SIM card that they register) & passport of person who is registering the phone. They get you to sign your signature on an electronic pad then print off a form with your details on & that has a copy of your signature on it. You need to keep this form. No utility bill required. After all it's not just people who own or those who rent who have Spanish SIMs. Not everyone therefore has utility bills.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 30/06/2009.

Like 0      
30 Jun 2009 10:32 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi

As I understand it if you don't register your sim you will just be cut off at some point in the future, if your present phone number is not important it might be a good time to compare your existing t&cs,costs etc, it might be a better deal to get a new one.

Steve

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

4x4 Kia Sportage 2.0 Tdi 5door for sale - 3 posts
Internet and Land Line - 8 posts
If we can take a little time to stop ..... - 7 posts
Castoral Value of Property - 2 posts
Help - 1 posts
Nearly new Funiture pack - 0 posts
Still no address on property bought 12 months ago - 2 posts
Need furniture for -2 bedroom apartment - 0 posts
lar sol refunds - 0 posts
Any one got a pub pool table for sale with a slate top? - 0 posts
jive alive - 0 posts
flax horse bedding - 0 posts
flax horse bedding - 0 posts
Furniture wanted in Mojacar area - 1 posts
happy birthday more - 35 posts
MODERN JIVE CLASSES - 3 posts
El Gnomo Feliz 2 - Vera Playazo - near the newish Mercadona - 1 posts
DIET INSPIRATION AND DANCE - 2 posts
The Apprentice 2009 - 1 posts
LFO.question and answer - 3 posts
Contracts / Terms & Conditions - 1 posts
British Summer Time starts tomorrow, so.... - 6 posts
Daniel Hannan MEP speach at EU parliament. - 2 posts
European Parliament Vote - 5 posts
Average Rent For 2 Bed Apartment - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x