JET2 flights Murcia to Edinburgh 99pence plus tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

JET2 flights Murcia to Edinburgh 99pence plus tax in April.  Catch a bargain!

Almeria house rental   Traditional Spanish House to rent

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 8:15 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Wow, wish they'd do some bargains like that from Leeds!! Cheapest I have ever seen them is £15.99, plus all the extras they load on at the end. Have you noticed they include a booking fee at check out now?

Mark

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 3:24 PM by richard4848uk Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi Mark

Have you noticed that if you book a flight with Jet2 and pay with an Electron or Solo Card there are no charges at all.

Not even a booking fee.

We fly regularly from Leeds Bradford Airport like you....every time we book a flight with Jet2 they seem to have changed their website.

I presume you are taking advantage of their points for flights idea ????

Richard

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 3:42 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

Wish they'd do the winter months from edinburgh to murcia. As it is it only starts up in April , that's probably why the flights are only 99p.  I'd be hopping across all the time.  Someone emailed me tod ay saying th weather has turned good again.  32 degrees in the sun with 20 degrees in the shade....Yes!

Try Traditional Spanish House for Rent in Almeria

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 5:54 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I presume you are taking advantage of their points for flights idea ????

Definitely . Got 450 points so far and counting!

I knew that there was no card fee if paying by Solo/ Electron, but is the booking fee waived as well? Wary about paying by non credit card at the moment though! Funnily enough, it is cheaper to pay with Paypal than with a credit card!

Mark

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 6:31 PM by mojito Star rating in Cupar Fife / San Jua.... 268 posts Send private message

What do the points get you?

Try Traditional Spanish House for Rent in Almeria

Jo and Jim

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 6:42 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

PRIZES  (Sorry, too much Brucie there!!)

It's a loyalty scheme shown here, where you can get free flights for points. 1 point per pound spent and 600 points get you a free one way flight.

Mark

Like 0      
07 Mar 2009 11:53 AM by richard4848uk Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Mark

If you use Solo / Electron there is no booking fee either !!!!!!!!!!!!

You do know that when you are booking with a credit card the £100 protection might not apply ???

It works like this

You book 2 flights for £90 return including all the taxes etc eetc so you think you have spent £180 and are covered by the credit card protection scheme ??

Wrong........the flights are treated as 2 SEPARATE bookings so you are not covered. Cheeky but tre i am afraid

PS

Got 700 points but whats the catch ?????

Must be one ....I know you have to ring the call centre and cant book online so thats the first one !!!

Whats the others ???

Like 0      
07 Mar 2009 12:28 PM by Annie21 Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Annie21´s avatar

I didn't know that about the credit card co's treating it as 2 sep bookings - bit cheeky!! Thanks for that Richard.

I've got 1589 points - but am sure there's lots of catches!! Anyone actually used their points?? I did notice that they have a 2 year expiry date on them so can't collect a massive amount. Also they do say that you have to be flexible with dates so guess that discounts a lot of school hol flights.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2009 12:33 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Not sure how they can treat them as separate bokings if they both share the same booking number and one transaction?

The only catch I can see with the points is that you stil have taxes and charges to pay, a bit like the Ryanair free flights with their credit card.

Don't make the mistake of opting to pay with Euros fr anything on the plane. I made that mistake on the way out last month. What should have cost £11 in Sterling ended up costing £16 because I paid in Euros. That and the fact they give change for Euro transactions in Sterling, that's another way of making up their shortfall!!

Mark

edited cause i'm stupid

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 3/7/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NIE - new requirements for dependent children - 0 posts
Simulsat - Los Montesinos - 9 posts
For those in Malaga and the CDS - 0 posts
Youtube Videos... - 2 posts
cannot read personal message - 1 posts
Anyone around this weekend? - 6 posts
gas bbq's - 4 posts
Wanted Exercise Bike - 1 posts
The Rat Book - 1 posts
The Rat Book - 0 posts
End of Nationwide free withdrawals - 4 posts
Europa Customers Check Your Bills - 9 posts
IS MONALISA OUT THERE? - 4 posts
fantastic bargain new golf clubs for sale! - 0 posts
MOVING TO NERJA - 0 posts
Put off by the credit crunch? - 8 posts
HAS ANYONE RENTED THROUGH HAPPY HOMES IN NERJA? - 1 posts
detatched villa - 1 posts
Spanish Books - 6 posts
New homes from hell 2009 - 7 posts
builder bankrupt - 3 posts
New to site. Anyone been through our problem - 8 posts
Mosquito Screens - 14 posts
alicante airport bus - 2 posts
Changing your postal address NIE - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x