Confused

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by annoyed_in_spain Star rating. 21 posts Send private message

Hi All,

We have received a letter from our developer that, apart from the complex being delayed until September now (1 year after the contractual deadline), the letter more worrying states the following:

"[The developers] have also stated that they will be in touch with all clients again shortly in order to renew or extend the bank guarantees on the monies you have already deposited with them. According to the list of [the developer's] creditors (which has just bee released), they owe a substantial sum of money to the insurance company that issued the bank guarantees, this makes us doubt very much that this company will be willing to renew or extend the original bank guarantees"

Have I understood this correctly - our deposits are potentially at risk if the bank decides not to renew or extend the BGs?

As far as I understand the bank guarantees do not need to be extended as the current ones are valid until completion of the property. I have both read this here on other forums and legal advise websites, plus our agent issued a letter in September 2008 stating: " We would like to remind clients that their bank guarantees cover all amounts that they have paid to the developer so far and will do so right up until completion, so at no point are their funds at risk". - This seems to contradict the latest letter above.

Have I misunderstood something, or is this a nonsense letter? Does our developers situation mean our deposits are truly at risk, or are they trying to scare us into not lawfully calming our deposits back? 

Yours,

Very

annoyed_in_spain

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 8:57 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9404 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

A valid guarantee under 57/68 endures till the granting of the First Occupation License. Therefore, go and execute it for your money back. The status of the commercial relations betweeen developer and Guarantoor cannot affect your position as guaranteed party under 57/68.

Best regards,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 9:13 AM by wouter Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

Hello,

You can find on this site what our experience is with this problem.

We will advice you to go to a good lawyer or soliciter and claim your money back. Do not take any risk!!!

Maria de Castro could help you or an other good soliciter or lawyer. In our case we got help from Maria de castro, Carin Peeters from Puur Spanje and Maria Carrasco from MC Consultingservices.

I did send you a private mail with some details of our case and our advice to you

Wouter  

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Education system of Spain - 0 posts
Looking for property near guardamar - 7 posts
Yet more rules at Gatwick... - 19 posts
School Registration - 24 posts
finding lawyers bar number - 1 posts
Documentary - 0 posts
WANTED: Jeep Wrangler - 6 posts
7500kg truck half empty UK to Spain in next 10 days. - 0 posts
England vs Spain in Seville - 11 February 2009 - 39 posts
Jerez Formula 1 testing February and March 2009 - 41 posts
renting ?? - 4 posts
Bank guarantees. Any successes? - 67 posts
Google ads change - 3 posts
JNSQ - 4 posts
PEACEFUL DEMONSTRATION PLEASE JOIN US - 3 posts
Telephone Systems - 0 posts
My favourite restaurant in Costa Blanca - 8 posts
taking your dog to Spain - 16 posts
Clover Estates / Procoal - 1 posts
5 BERTH LEFT HAND DRIVE FIAT DUCATO-SIR MOBIL 1994 - FOR SALE - 0 posts
Co-owner or Not? - 10 posts
UK Spanish magazines closing down - 4 posts
Abusive agent commissions ... 40% !!! - 11 posts
Power of Attoney - 6 posts
Double Bed Mattress And Base For Sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x