Looking for property near guardamar

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Feb 2009 12:00 AM by desperatehousewives Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi has any one any experience of living near guardamar.  Looking for a nice quiet urbanisation, not too far from sea, but not in town itself.  Have been sent some property details of an urbanisation called El Raso.  Does any one have any information please.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 6:35 PM by Acapulco Star rating in Costa Blanca South.. 342 posts Send private message

Acapulco´s avatar

El Raso has some nice properties but I think it depends on what you are looking for. Your best bet is to contact "Georgia " from this forum ( he,s a bloke really) at www.distantshores.es. Nobody knows the area better and you will find a lot of recommend ations for him on this forum.

Good Luck

If you're going through hell keep on going, you might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 7:10 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Desperatehousewifes, welcome to the forum,

Yes Acapulco is right, Georgia alias (Shaun)  has helped many on this forum to find places, if you do a search you can see some of the threads and recomendations. He knows the area well.  

We are not to far from Guardamer about 15 minutes

Good Luck Pat  

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 7:25 PM by desperatehousewives Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.  Not 100% sure what we are looking for, but have some details also of properties in La Marina.  What are the shops or facilities like in both La Marina and El Raso

Like 0      
14 Feb 2009 1:16 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Pat & Acapulco are right, Georgia knows those areas well. He lives locally & will be able to help you better than those "agents"  who don't live in Spain. This is from my own experience where I was in circles with those "agents"  before I contacted Georgia.

This message was last edited by Forhotspot on 2/14/2009.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2009 8:20 AM by Fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

I was in El Raso last week. It was very quiet but seemed very nice. There is a pizzaeria, a few bars, banks etc. There is also a steakhouse and a fish and chip shop. They did a before 5pm special. Fish, chips, mushy peas and a glass of wine. 5 euros. It was very good. The best chips I've had since I've been in Spain. I think it is quite well situated both for the sea and Guademar and also Quesada and Los Montesinas.

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 8:47 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Mujer Desperados,(Spanish version)

El Raso is very much like everything you requested in your first post.

Its nice and quiet,5 minutes drive from the beach and just outside the town.

There are some very good prices on there at the moment and you can find prices lower than 4 years ago if you know where to look.

There are plenty of Bars,banks, a veterinary practice and all are within walking distance.

The urbanisation is maturing nicely now and i have always found it really pleasant.

If you want anymore info just drop me a line and i will send you some examples.

Take care

Georgia

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 10:12 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

La Marina is MASSIVE & very sprawling with a great many commercials spread around & a newish area of commercials including Lidl's, Mercadonna & Iceland alongside the N332 as you turn into the urb at one point. I'm getting to know it better than I did a couple of years ago as we have a few friends living there & it's growing on me. There are some gorgeous properties there so it depends what you buy & where you buy it really. It's a 5 mins drive from Guardamar.

Regarding El Raso, I'm biased as we bought a detached house there, completing in April 2005. It's quiet although quite large. We have the best market around (Campo de Guardamar one on a Sunday) & we walk to it. As Georgia says there are a number of bars/cafes all with indoor & outdoor seating including an Irish bar that's quite attractive although not so its prices. Vets, fish & chips (although our fish batter was the oiliest we've had), estate agents, Indian restaurant which does a brilliant weekday lunchtime/early evening tapas for 5€ (drink plus 4 tapas, your choice of 9), a Spanish bar/cafe that does a menu of the day & food other than Spanish (friends told us they had a wonderful pizza & lasagne there), Cambank, Caja Murcia bank, DIY shop, bodega, Steak house, Stan & Ollie's restaurant, superb food so I hear, Thomas Green's English supermarket (expensive but we pick up free newspapers from there) to give you a good idea.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Yet more rules at Gatwick... - 19 posts
School Registration - 24 posts
finding lawyers bar number - 1 posts
Documentary - 0 posts
WANTED: Jeep Wrangler - 6 posts
7500kg truck half empty UK to Spain in next 10 days. - 0 posts
England vs Spain in Seville - 11 February 2009 - 39 posts
Jerez Formula 1 testing February and March 2009 - 41 posts
renting ?? - 4 posts
Bank guarantees. Any successes? - 67 posts
Google ads change - 3 posts
JNSQ - 4 posts
PEACEFUL DEMONSTRATION PLEASE JOIN US - 3 posts
Telephone Systems - 0 posts
My favourite restaurant in Costa Blanca - 8 posts
taking your dog to Spain - 16 posts
Clover Estates / Procoal - 1 posts
5 BERTH LEFT HAND DRIVE FIAT DUCATO-SIR MOBIL 1994 - FOR SALE - 0 posts
Co-owner or Not? - 10 posts
UK Spanish magazines closing down - 4 posts
Abusive agent commissions ... 40% !!! - 11 posts
Power of Attoney - 6 posts
Double Bed Mattress And Base For Sale - 0 posts
Use of Email to notify/call an AGM - 3 posts
Bilingual State Schools Near Malaga? - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x