GBP v EURO.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Feb 2009 1:34 PM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar

I bought from 4X on monday - and whte money was in my bancaja a/c on wednesday. Only charge was from my English bank - Chaps payment of £25.00 and i think that is standard with all companies.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 7:47 PM by 4749annjoe Star rating in blackpool lancs. 50 posts Send private message

I'v been checking up on our payments through Global C/E into bancaja a/c, from what I can see we have not paid any costs.   Checked their web site and they state no charges.   There is a delay of about 5/8 days though, so if you need the money to be moved quick I think using someone else would be advisable unless Global can do it quicker at a cost.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 7:54 PM by scampi Star rating in London & Alfaix nr. .... 91 posts Send private message

scampi´s avatar

With currency companies like GCEN and 4X you will not be charged in your Spanish bank - the UK bank charges for CHAPS payments to the currency company - £25.

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 7:55 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

Mark,

halifax now do this from any halifax account to a halifax account in spain or any susidary of halifax for free online as well

Like 0      
05 Feb 2009 8:03 PM by 4749annjoe Star rating in blackpool lancs. 50 posts Send private message

Scampi, we were sending money on a regular basis by standing order through our HSBC a/c via Global and yes we did not have any charges in spain.   When we sent our deposit to spain for the property we were buying as far as In can see no charge was made to us, lets say I can't find one , unless it was hidden somewhere.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 2:46 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

I read the following this morning which may be of interest :-

There’s little doubt that many – most – Brits are not buying in Euroland right now because of
 the exchange rate falls we’ve seen in recent months. My colleagues at Top Spread Bets expect
 the exchange rate to change soon The gist of it is that they say, Euroland seems to be “going
 for a 'united we fall' approach as the countries of southern Europe drag those in the north
 down. We fully expect to see this nightmare scenario culminate in the threat of the Euro
 collapsing altogether, and in the meantime see it retrace some of its 30% gain against 
Sterling over the past year.”

Bob
Gt.Yarmouth

Like 0      
09 Feb 2009 3:57 PM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Not all doom & gloom - the Euro is actually creeping up.  I made ove 300 euros more on £sterling/euro exchange last week, than I would have done in December/January.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

playa flaminca - 0 posts
Planning Permission. Anyone any idea how long it normally takes? 6 months, 6 years!? - 0 posts
All-in-one Printer/copier/fax/scan - 4 posts
Car boot sales on the Costa del Sol - 3 posts
Lemon Tree - 1 posts
BIG truck required to hire for about a week. - 0 posts
advice needed would like to set up a chiken farm - 1 posts
First Assembly of Owners - 0 posts
Buying a Spanish car, is there any charges and who pays for them - 4 posts
Baby clothes, - 6 posts
Going home? Car swop, genuine, not a dealer. spanish car wanted - 4 posts
Furniture for Sale (2 bed penthouse) - 2 posts
Furniture pack for sale (2 bed penthouse) - 0 posts
WANTED ROSETTA STONE (SPAIN) - 4 posts
Same Day Couriers - 6 posts
What was your chosen path/venture to buying a property in spain? - 9 posts
INHERITANCE TAX ON DEATH = NO SPOUSE EXEMPTION, THEY'RE TAXED ON 1/2 - 9 posts
cancer treatment -best hospitals? plus Funerals - 5 posts
opticians etc - 4 posts
costa de la luz aymonte/esuri huelva area villas - 0 posts
OUR PETITIONS - 6 posts
animal shavings for bedding in short supply new echo friendly animal bedding coming soon - 3 posts
Holiday homes for rent in the Costa Brava. - 0 posts
Sabinillas Feria - 1 posts
Car hire without CREDIT card ? - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x