Telemicro is back...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Nov 2008 12:00 AM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

Hiya,

Just to let you know that Telemicro is broadcasting again.  Currently there are around 12 channels including bbc, itv, kids, 2 movie channels etc.  No Sky obviously.  The areas confirmed so far are Santa Pola, Los Balcones and quesada.

This information came from the torrevieja forum and also from my father in law, who is watching it as I type.

No idea when it went back on and for how long but happy viewing for those who have missed it.

Jed

Like 0      
01 Nov 2008 5:47 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar
It's also back in the Murcia area.

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
02 Nov 2008 10:07 AM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

From the information I have looked at I think maybe this is a crossover signal from one of the other companies.  If that is the case then soon the signal could be encrypted and the service gone again.  My in laws are enjoying it whilst they can, luckily they have spanish tdt so are not overly worried about losing the signal again.

Jed

Like 0      
02 Nov 2008 10:29 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Jed
Have e mailed our friends in our complex, nothing as yet, but keep you posted

Like 0      
02 Nov 2008 11:13 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
I cant see where they ae transmitting it from as the Guardia dismantled it...
The guardia are on the warpath at the moment,they are stopping any van with a dish strapped to the top or the words "tv" written on the side...
They are determind to crack down on illegal broadcasting,could this have anything to do with Canal+ having talks with Sky to transmit here??? they dont usualy worry this much about illegalities....!!

Like 0      
02 Nov 2008 9:36 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

People who are receiving signal are reporting that it's another Rebroadcaster who is testing their signal from 1.10 until 31/12. 

Not everyone is able to get signal, I replaced my box with a TDT in October but if it's still being received by others when I'm out in two weeks I'll try to connect it back.

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 8:26 AM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

My inlaws have now got a message on their information page stating that they are viewing a test signal, which will be free until 31st December.  After that they need to pay a 400 euro transfer fee and then 15 euros  a month.  They have decided they won't pay the transfer fee as they are only receiving about 12 channels and it isn't worth the expense.  They are happy that they can watch tv for free until the new year though.  Apparently the company is simultsat. 

Not sure why some people are receiving the signal and others aren't.  Maybe it is something to do with the difference between analogue and digital meshes?

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 11:03 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Could Simulsat possibly be Telemicro in a different form.?
I was told recently that Telemicro werte trying to reinvent themselves as a new company.
Sounds a bit fishy to me!!

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 12:37 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Can't see many people rushing to pay 400e for any new rebroadcasting system but whilst it's free then there will be a stampede as all the forums show.

A lot of people have been tweaking their ariels to try and get Torresat signals so that could be part of the problem.  Also it depends on where this Simulsat is broadcasting from, my ariel pointed in a different direction to my neighbours.  Don't know yet if I pointing towards the correct tranmitter.

Like most people as long as I was receiving a signal I wasn't concerned with the technical side.  If I wasn't then I called the area engineer.  On one occasion it had been 3 months between visits and I found that I was missing a load of channels.  On the phone straight away to complain as I knew I was paying the monthly direct debits.  Found out that every month they scrambled the signal to stop non payers receiving signal.  Had to wait a while and signal was ok

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 3:51 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
This has just been on the Radio,it only stated what has been said on here already but it has said if you have the dish system you CAN receive it free untill Jan 1st.
I guess what they will do is keep adding channels untill the package is good enough to warrant people paying a full install price.
The company is Spanish owned and the presenter made the point of saying Temicro are finished....

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 4:02 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Well then maybe the rumours of a Spanish company taking over Telemicro had a hint of the truth in it  - who knows definately not me 

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 6:29 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
We had the UK tv installed again but only on freeview.
The best buy i have made is the TDT box.
33 channels and getting more daily,you get some films in English,Disney in English and premier league football,Liverpool v Totenham was the game this saturday,usually comes on about 6.30 on either Teldeporte or LA 2.
Great for keeping up with the local news as well........all for 30€(Carrefour)

Like 0      
03 Nov 2008 7:20 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I bought a box in October and an indoor ariel but couldn't get any channels.  Not sure if I have an external antenna/ariel installed that it would work as when I typed in my postcode on the tdt.es it came up with a red signal.

Even Torresat couldn't be installed in our area

Like 0      
08 Nov 2008 9:32 AM by alanandcath Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Im in Gran Alacant just looked for channels on telemicro nothing there,what freq etc is being used?

Like 0      
08 Nov 2008 9:45 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Not everyone can get the signal, it all depends on what antenna you were getting your signal from.

Some people are manually adjusting the ariel with the help of someone shouting from inside from whereever the box is situated.  Once you are getting a signal then you need to adjust it carefully until a better signal is received.

I think it's being transmitted from several areas so it's a matter of fine tuning the ariel until you find a signal.   Some are receiving a strong signal whilst others are not but are just glad to get some channels.

I think someone from Santa Pola was the first person to report that they had UK TV on the T*****.co.uk website so if you want further information I suggest you look there in the designated forum.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2008 10:27 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Semi

Had an e mail from our friends, apparently some company called simulsattv s.l.  its a test at the moment with sky news and the itv and bbc networks more to follow.It starts up jan 09 and is 19,90 a month.

That's all I know at the moment, anyone else know more about it?

Like 0      
09 Nov 2008 4:20 PM by jedk Star rating in Mar Menor, Spain. 33 posts Send private message

Hiya

My father in law was the first person to post on the other forum.  He is in Santa Pola and didn't do anything.  He just turned the box on and and it worked.  The company is simulsat TV and there is much conversation on whether they are charging 400 for transfer or 250 euros and a 19.90 euro monthly fee.   One minute there is information on their website and the next minute you get the under construction page so it is all very much hearsay at the moment.  I believe they are going to provide a helpline next week to provide support and maybe even have an engineer come out and retune boxes.

The signal has been very weak, over the weekend, so that could be why you didn't get anything.  A lot of people have found that by slowly rotating their antennas they have managed to get a signal.  There is definetely a signal now though as I was in Santa Pola and saw for myself.

I agree with Georgia that buying a tdt box is an excellent option as there are a lot of dual programs and films available to watch, plenty of football and even the Disney Channel for the kids.  Good luck to everyone trying to sort their tv viewing out.

Like 0      
09 Nov 2008 9:12 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

If you move your mesh around and put the code numbers in your TV you will pick up TV ( prob from Torresat ) but it will only last until the codes are changed.

The new company mentioned, which is registered in Santa Pola is also a re broadcast company and as such is as 'at risk' as the others. Just someone else jumping on the bandwaggon and extracting more money.

Still......'you pays your money and you takes your choice' as the saying goes..................................there's also a saying about throwing good money after bad !

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
10 Nov 2008 3:27 PM by patpur Star rating in Castle Bromwich Bir.... 389 posts Send private message

Yes enjoy it while it is free but do not sign up for it in Jan.Pat.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Generator for sale - 0 posts
Selling In UK? - 0 posts
Hidden Charges.mmm - 9 posts
How long can you drive your uk car in spain - 16 posts
Happy Halloween! - 3 posts
Am I liable for my husbands debt in spain? - 6 posts
Indoor pools in Costa Blanca North - 4 posts
Welcome neighbour - 6 posts
work wanted - 0 posts
Spanish mobiles (Vodafone) in Gibraltar - 2 posts
Going to football matches in Spain - 2 posts
TV - Definitive answer - 0 posts
Holiday rental website owners in the Almeria region, attention please! - 1 posts
pool covers - 1 posts
Voting Majority - 4 posts
Tips for those with family in the UK - 2 posts
USB Alfa Wifi receiver - 0 posts
A friend needs help - 5 posts
Jan le tap - 0 posts
Need advise on ending retal contract - 2 posts
cheap phone calls - 14 posts
WHERE CAN WE GET SHEETS OF PLYWOOD - 2 posts
Freecycle - 6 posts
Chesarina - 1 posts
Question for Maria re driving licence - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x