Ian's barber shop

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi All,
If anyone is looking for a traditional barber shop i have just found a new on in Altos de limonar on the outskirts of Torrevieja.
Its behind Shannons bar on the roundabout opposite the old Caprabo garage headind towards Quesada.
Best haircut i have had since i moved to Spain!!!

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 11:28 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Still sporting your red streaks are you though Georgia, or were they put in just to impress Jasmin ?

Actually I know a young woman who works in The Barbershop in Quesada. (She has a mobile service too).

Caz also does some hours for the San Miguel radio.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 12:08 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi More,
do you mean the one next to sam bar in Quesada if so its closed down,he has sold it and its not going to be a barbers again.
This guy doesnt do the ladies its just like walking into an old fashioned barbers in the UK.
Red is gone now,and yes Jasmin said they looked very nice!!
Moved on from Jasmin now,met Scott from Living in the sun last week,watch this space............
By the way,didnt mean "moved on "in the way your wicked mind will be thinking.........

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 12:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Do you get "something for the weekend" then ?

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 12:58 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
yep,a new haircut...............................
I am now on day 2 of abandonment,took family to the airport yesterday morning,five weeks on my own!!!!!

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 2:03 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Hi-jacking your post.  Has 'your episode' of Place in the Sun been aired?  I'm currently watching re-runs on Living every night but I think they're quite old. 
 Do you know what the outcome was?  They never seem to tell you what happened.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 2:18 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
its not been on yet,they shoot quite far ahead because they have to a series in front at all times.
Channel 4 have told me they will give me plenty of notice when its on,got a call from Sky News wanting an interview on current market and how it is affecting expats.
Turned them down for two reasons,think they were looking for a bit more doom and gloom and at the moment and i am recovering from Glandular fever and i look a little like secret squirrel with his pouches full for the winter.
I met Scott Lucy (living in the sun)last week and he is a really nice guy, i dont know why but i always expect these people to be up themselves,all of them so far have been really nice people.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 2:21 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

That sounds good Georgia, when we are over for a few months at a time, I can never find a barber for Roy and his hair seems to grow even quicker in Spain.   Our keyholder gave him a haircut last time a number 2.     Well all on your own Georgia I would cook you a few meals if I was in Spain but I did suggest on the othe other thread a student au pair.     It must be very quiet for you.   Well take care Pat. 

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 2:39 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
Hi Pat,
I have always found it a problem to find a decent barber,sorted now.
Student au pair eh,that sounds interesting,need a nurse maid as well at the mo,not sure the better half would approve.
By the way on UK style at the moment is following a guy that opened a restaurant on Playa flamenca centra commercial.
It is very quiet,i have just realised i dont know where we keep anything in the house!!!!!!

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 3:33 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Georgia, yes glandular fever is very painful. I remember my daughter catching it when she was a student, where did you pick that up from, they do say you can catch it through kissing  . You might be able to find an au pair that does both.  Hope you 
feel better soon. Pat

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 7/25/2008.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 4:07 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Is that the follow up on the guy who opened up an Indian restaurant.

If so I saw it the other day, good to see that it had all worked out for him although he was having trouble with water at the other restaurant he opened next.

His long suffering wife was also horrified by his suggestion that he open up another one in Barcelona.

Just loved his ~Scottish accent.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 4:40 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar
hi semi,
yep thats the one,been convalesing on the sofa,my god where do all these programmes come from,Home under the hammers on next.
I have just read this back and realise how sad i sound.............................
need more pills gotta get off this sofa!!!!!!!
pool party tommorow,not missing that......

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 5:26 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Georgia, just got this direct from Caz regarding The Barbershop in Quesada ... 

The Barber Shop in Quesada is closing tomorrow and we are re-locating to Benijofar.  We open our new shop in Benijofar on Tuesday at 9.30am.  We are situated next door to the Caja Rural Central which is opposite the pharmacy.  Our new telephone number (due to Telefonica being very akward & costing us loads after having 5000 leaflets already done!) will be 966715554....  No appointments required just call in anytime.. We are open until 3.30pm every day apart from Thursdays when we have a late night until 8pm... Oh we are closed Mondays..

We will be selling all traditional English sweets too and dont forget we have internet and printing..   

There you are Pat, a barber for Roy in Benijofar & sweeties too !

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/25/2008.

Like 0      
25 Jul 2008 6:12 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Hey Georgia, welcome to my world.  I should feel sad but then I remember that I'm being paid to sit on the sofa so I get over it

Early retirement works for me, took me a long time to get used to it but now I do a two day week and a five day weekend 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Selling in the UK - 14 posts
Hayley - 7 posts
Clubs with pool in Barcelona? - 2 posts
Bank reposessions - 2 posts
Email and letters - 4 posts
Short Terms Rentals in Costa Del Sol - 15 posts
how do you chat or reply to messages you read - 1 posts
http://www.costa-action.co.uk/ - 1 posts
Conflict in the Community - 46 posts
Change your UK bank to Alliance & Leicester Premier current a/c, get £100 & free annual European travel insurance. - 0 posts
£19 Travelodge rooms in the UK ALSO 10€ Travelodge rooms IN SPAIN, check it out ! - 0 posts
Buying a spanish car - 5 posts
Jack Russell breeders in Spain - 2 posts
Hello new on here - 3 posts
Castilla la Mancha - 37 posts
Lawyer sought for Aguilas area - 2 posts
am i Nuts (want to buy) in Spain ? - 20 posts
Spanish post office any good? - 0 posts
Property Sharing - 0 posts
Anyone there from Ciudad Quesada?? - 4 posts
Do you live near Murcia / Alicante? Have a Spanish student stay & see the benefits, read thread - 3 posts
Hi, from Andy and Donna... - 6 posts
Left hand Drive Car Wanted... - 2 posts
EOS Property Selling Page - 3 posts
Petrol station near Alicante airport - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x