Child Bank Account - How do I open one ?

Schools and Education in Spain Guide
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by Redjoemw Star rating in Huercal Overa .... 49 posts Send private message

Redjoemw´s avatar
My cousin lives in Spain and we are planning our move for next year.  Does anyone know how I can open a spanish bank account for a child as a surpise pressie 

xxx

Like 0      
21 Jul 2008 8:38 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
I'm sure if you wonder into any bank you can open a child's account.  I suppose you would need their passport for ID.

Sorry, not much help really!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
21 Jul 2008 9:42 AM by The Sheriff Star rating in Rojales, Quesada. 31 posts Send private message

Hola redjoemw

We have lived in Spain 4 years now and have 7 year old twins and numerous spanish bank accounts !!!

I looked into this for the boys a while ago for their Birthday money and was told (by Santander) that they would need their NIE no.s to do this (which at the mo they haven't got as no real need at the mo) but as I understand it this is for a "resident" account.   As Justin says I am pretty sure you can open an account with a passport which officially would be a "non-resident" account but for a child that does not really a make alot of difference.  

In my experience Santander, Bancaja and Sol Bank are pretty good for the Brits but I also recomend you go to a few local banks and see which one offers the best deal and service etc.

Good Luck.

Like 0      
21 Jul 2008 12:12 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
An / needless to say): an adult will be the operator of the account till age.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
21 Jul 2008 1:02 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Hey Sheriff

We have twins too.  Ours are 6 now and very cheeky!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
24 Aug 2008 3:06 PM by twinmummy Star rating in Formentera del segur.... 82 posts Send private message

hi sherif and justin we have twins too, 17 months old,  boy and girl

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Youtube teaches you Spanish, very helpful. - 1 posts
Christmas - 10 posts
changing mortgage to a new owner - 6 posts
Adding a page to social networking sites - 1 posts
Spanair and Ryanair give details of their cutbacks in Spain. - 0 posts
Check out flight info for all carriers at Alicante & Murcia - 1 posts
Copy of the handout booklet from the seminar "Local Taxes and Suma for European Residents" - 9 posts
ESCRITURA. - 18 posts
calas del pinar san juan - 1 posts
CROSS DRESSING - 1 posts
Keys to the garage area - 0 posts
Holiday rental wanted - costa calida - 1 posts
English Burofax equivalent - 0 posts
Hello from York - 3 posts
DHL Spain? - 0 posts
Scooter Rental Estepona Area - 5 posts
Santiago De La Ribera - 18 posts
Thankyou EOS - Success where the agents failed - 2 posts
Sunday Times looking for worried buyers - 1 posts
We've just completed ..... - 18 posts
So that Consumers can be free from Bankruptcies - 0 posts
Is the Spanish economy in severe trouble ? - 22 posts
Relief in the mortgage market as lenders finally start lowering rates - 2 posts
Ryanair axes one in seven budget flights from Stansted due to soaring fuel costs and airport fees - 0 posts
On 17th July Ryanair announced new routes including Leeds Bradford International to Alicante from 28th October - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x