Santiago De La Ribera

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jul 2008 12:00 AM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi All
As there seems to be a few on EOS from this neck of the woods thought I'd start a little thread.

Here is a photo of the beach to start off with, anyone got any more info on the area?
I will post some restaurants when I remember the names of them

Don't know if this will work but I'll give it a go..................

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 7/18/2008.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 3:09 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
hmm
[URL=http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w259/CANDYFLOSS_album/?action=view¤t=e568c9b8.pbw][IMG]http://s178.photobucket.com/albums/w259/CANDYFLOSS_album/th_3797358beach3.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 3:22 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 3:27 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
I've broken my bucket!!!!

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 3:45 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Here's your piccy, Flossy.  

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 3:47 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
No, I've got the stills but it won't load the slides

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 3:47 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 7/18/2008.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 3:52 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Lots of photos of Santiago de la Ribera using the Google "images"

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 4:20 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Couldn't transfer the slide show to EOS from the photo bucket so it'll have to be stills then...........Shame

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 4:25 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Are these photos you've taken, Flossy ?

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 4:33 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Yes, I was just passing in my helicopter.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 4:37 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/18/2008.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 7:20 PM by lytton Star rating in Bath & North East So.... 422 posts Send private message

Hi

I thought I would post a story about this place whilst we were on holiday last year. We caught the ferry over from La Manga and spent a few hours walking around the side streets generally window shopping and chilling out. We thought we would get some lunch and walked into a bar and asked if they served food. We were ushered into a back room containing about a dozen tables, half of them filled by Spanish families having their lunch. We were the only English family there and not much English was spoken by either the people eating or the staff so I put to use by "holiday Spanish course" to the amusement of both the people prepared to listen and my family. The food was very good as too was the overall atmosphere due to our attempt to intergate into a typical Spanish meal time which was enjoyed by all. 

The bill was totally wrong and took several attempts to get it right but by this time we didn't have a problem with this as it added to the overall experience. My point of writing this is that, although after reading this you may feel that it wasn't very eventful, I found that the whole afternoon was made that much more enjoyable as we found ourselves taken away from our usual English/Tourist environment and realised that it didn't matter.

I think that the moral of the story is don't feel uneasy by trying something outside your confort zone, you may enjoy the experience...!

Phil

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 10:35 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Phil,
it's great isn't it? Our friends just came back and said they had a wonderful time, asked for the bill and got more beers . I told them to take the phrase book I'd left for them LOL. 
You're not married to Pam by any chance?

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 10:58 PM by lytton Star rating in Bath & North East So.... 422 posts Send private message

Hi

Not unless I did something crazy after downing a few too many vino tintos...!!! Also my wife that I remember marrying wouldn't be too pleased.

Who is Pam by the way..?

Phil (& Debbie)

Like 0      
18 Jul 2008 11:01 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Phil
I know a Phil & Pam Lytton and they are from Cardiff. Haven't seen them for some time, just that it's an unusual name. Sorry Debbie

Like 0      
04 Sep 2008 5:30 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi All
Just returned from Santiago. Have to let you know that there is a new bar/restaurant called the Barracuda which does a mean sunday lunch. They have only been open 2 weeks. The service was excellent and food was really good, reasonable too. It's to the right as you get to the Dog & Duck and yes I am on commision LOL (just kidding)

Like 0      
04 Sep 2008 7:23 PM by lytton Star rating in Bath & North East So.... 422 posts Send private message

Hi
We to have just returned from holiday, we actaully stayed at the Marina where the ferry drops you off on the other side. We did, however have a few meals at the Dog & Duck and got Paul (I think) to drop us at the airport. Apparently Paul is a friend of the owners of the Dog & Duck.. It's a pity I didn't know about this new place, it sounds like a visit is required next time I'm out there.

Phil & Debbie

Like 0      
04 Sep 2008 9:15 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar
Hi Phil & Debbie (not to be confused with Pam LOL)
So you stayed in La Manga then? We only found Barracuda by chance when we walked back to our place from the dog & duck and had overheard someone talking about it on our complex the night before. A lot busier in the evenings with more places opened up since last year.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Thankyou EOS - Success where the agents failed - 2 posts
Sunday Times looking for worried buyers - 1 posts
We've just completed ..... - 18 posts
So that Consumers can be free from Bankruptcies - 0 posts
Is the Spanish economy in severe trouble ? - 22 posts
Relief in the mortgage market as lenders finally start lowering rates - 2 posts
Ryanair axes one in seven budget flights from Stansted due to soaring fuel costs and airport fees - 0 posts
On 17th July Ryanair announced new routes including Leeds Bradford International to Alicante from 28th October - 3 posts
Can you get a Spanish 'Buy To Let' Mortgage??? - 5 posts
Spanish Free to air - where to point dish? - 10 posts
gaye - 1 posts
Newbie to Spain - 3 posts
Barcelona beach? - 1 posts
SPAIN ARE CHAMPIONS! - 4 posts
WEALTH TAX, LATEST INFO ( article was written 16th June 2008), - 41 posts
Corgi gas engineer wanted - 0 posts
Corgi gas engineer wanted - 0 posts
WINTER RENTAL OFFERED 500€/MONTH - 0 posts
Back on safe ground - 20 posts
Hi, says OMAR! - 3 posts
Polaris World Hacienda Riquelme Cleaning Service - 3 posts
Makro in Mrica - 5 posts
Electrical goods - 19 posts
Palma flight 99p Jet2 - 9 posts
MARKSFISH 1000 POSTS - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x