TOWN HALL TAXES

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Aug 2008 6:37 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Irene, we have the same as you two bed two bath.and we are in cb,   we pay 140euro's every 3 months.    But you might have more to mantain than we have  ie swimming pools and garden's      Pat 

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 6:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Think members are confusing IBI & basura bills with community charges. Thought we were comparing Suma (basura & IBI charges) & I said it depends on where you live as the CB is cheaper than the CDS & it also depends what property you own. Saying you have a 2 bed 2 bath could mean it's a detached house like us in which case we'd pay more than a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment like I know Pat & Roy have in the same area, the CB. In the CDS, where Irene has her place ,she could well be paying more basura for her 2 bed, 2 bath apartment (though I don't know what her property is) than we pay here in the CB for our 2 bed, 2 bath detached house.

Pat, what does your 140€ every three months actually cover. I'm getting lost here.  Are you saying your community fees are lumped with IBI & basura (maybe as it's an apartment as maybe that's a whole new ball game to owning a detached property with communal pool, gardens, private roads, private lighting etc) ? Do you mean it costs you that for them all but they aren't "lumped" together ?

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/6/2008.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 7:08 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi More, I thought Irene was talking about community charges,  that is what I am referring to be it right of wrong.   The only suma we have paid is on our store room we have, underneath our apartment.   When we get over again we will have to go into Rojales suma office and see how much we owe.  But I know of a few where we are that have not paid suma.   We do need to sort it out.     Pat

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 7:14 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
 Pat, I'm finding it very confusing if others don't say exactly what taxes they're referring to & where they are & what type of property they're referring to, but never mind. Going to chill out with Corrie & dinner after I've cooked it, of course !!!! 

Tara for now. x

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 8:04 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

HI the first post  was what we paid to the town hall for rubbish and ibi if thats the local tax all together that was just over 300 euros for both for a 2bed 2baths apt in cdsol then we had to pay 5.50 euros for vehicles entrance tax .We also pay 68 euros for community charges.I did not no we pay more in this area thanks irene

This message was last edited by irenemontague on 8/6/2008.

This message was last edited by irenemontague on 8/6/2008.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 8:31 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I pay my Basura via my water bill (Aquamed).

The IBI (Council Tax) I pay in September and pay around 220 e a year for a 3 bed town house. End of Terrace so it has a bit more land than others in my private road.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 9:01 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi what is basura ?we are still on builders water bye irene

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 10:16 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Basura is your rubbish tax, Irene, paid with your water bill once you are on mains water. I KNEW I'd seen basura listed on a bill I had. I thought it was in with our IBI tax (like the UK council tax for anyone who didn't know) & was worried when I looked at our IBI bills which we keep a copy of here as it wasn't on it, whew. Our water statements are in Spain. Our water bills are actually rolled up & pushed into our gate in Spain which is ruddy crackers. We haven't post boxes up & running yet. Our IBI for a 2 bed, 2 bath house on the CB was 287€ last year.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 10:57 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi More, have just gone through our water bill's we do not pay the Basura, not listed on our bill's it might depend on what area you are in, or who your water supplier is our's is Aquagest Levante our bill is just left on the terrace.        The IBI tax two bed two bath apartment was 245.66.                 Apart from the Suma hope their is nothing else, please do not tell me their is. Pat

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 11:07 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Pat, we are with Aguagest too & my dearest  other half agrees with me that basura IS detailed on our water bill. Wonder if it's because you've an apartment in blocks your basura is included in your community fees, just a thought seeing as it's not detailed on your water bill. Think I've read that happens. Karen would tell you or Roberto.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 11:18 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi all  i have spent a few hours from6pm till 11pm looking at a lot of sites reading and down loading pages about all the taxes and when and what to pay for and some where old sites so i will delete them later thank everyone bye irene

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 11:38 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
We could do with Justin giving us a dedicated place where there could be up to date downloads, as far as we could find anyway. Too much gets posted all over the place at the moment. It's only because I have literally hundreds of sites in folders & subfolders that I can lay my hands on things relatively quickly. I always check links work before posting & sometimes the webpage is removed so then I need to go looking for new sites.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2008 11:56 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi i down loaded taxes in spain that  are from 2004 so that will go in the bin i dont no where i got it from but i found some good ones and they are upto date i will read them all tomorrow bye irene

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 1:10 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Pat, I'd made you something to celebrate your 500th post yesterday but with so much going on in the forum I forgot it at the right moment, sorry.  Wouldn't forget YOU, you know that.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 7:46 AM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I'm sure I read somewhere that on the Costa Del Sol the Basura (rubbish collection) tax is paid yearly via Ayunmiento (January)

Whereas on Costa Blanca we pay ours quarterly via our aqua (water) bill.  I think it's 6 or 9 euros an also included in the bill is the cost of sewerage waste.  3 euros a month to get your rubbish taken away monthly what a bargain, certainly puts the UK to shame with all the talk of fortnightly collections and overfull bins.

Here's my understanding of taxes to be paid to Ayunmiento (Town Hall).  This is also known as Suma (the office which collects the taxes)  All our bills have SUMA printed on them  (is this Costa Blanca only?)

IBI - council tax paid yearly in September, penalties occur if paid late.  New property owners can wait up to 3 years before they start paying this tax.

Car Tax - paid yearly in March

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 1:01 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Semi, a quarterly water bill for last year is in our file here in the UK. We must've slipped up as all others are in our file in Spain seeing as we find that they are wedged into our gate each time we go over so they tend to stay there. (Think OH wanted to spend time with a dictionary in the UK working out what we were paying for & that's why we just have a stray one here.) Anyway basura is down as 4.78€ !

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 2:30 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Thanks More I did not even notice in my own little world I think.    To much of this  going on and too many grandchildren round me.     I have checked all our water bills and we do not have basura written on them.      So Semi if it can take up to 3years on new builds that might be why we have not heard, but will check it out next time we are over.   As I said before the only suma I have paid is for 24.72 on our storeroom or transero and they did send that to  us in UK  That was in Jan this year.                        Pat

This message was last edited by Pat and Roy on 8/7/2008.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 3:13 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi all it would be good to set up a list for each area in spain what taxes we need to pay and put them in a file so when new people ask  about different taxes they could just click a link and look them up hear i dont no how to do that or if that could work bye irene

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 3:19 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Irene, I said just that.

06 Aug 2008 11:38 PM

morerosado
Star rating
** EOS Superstar **

morerosado´s avatar

I'm in Somerset, UK / Guardamar Del Segura on the Costa Blanca

I've made 5219 posts

We could do with Justin giving us a dedicated place where there could be up to date downloads, as far as we could find anyway. Too much gets posted all over the place at the moment. It's only because I have literally hundreds of sites in folders & subfolders that I can lay my hands on things relatively quickly. I always check links work before posting & sometimes the webpage is removed so then I need to go looking for new sites.

is listening to http://www.wave106fm.com/
                       as I post.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2008 3:44 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

I was thinking about the same thing earlier this week.  There are a lot of things that we have learnt in our years of owning a property in Spain that new owners will find useful.

These nuggets of information can get lost in threads like this but how can we sort out it out. 

More - My neighbour said that the Aqua bills are delivered by hand to each house so until you get a post box then you will find them in unusual places.  I have a post box on my outside wall and the only things delivered there are the aqua bill and leaflets.  My main post goes to a correos box in the main shopping area.  Normally works ok until Christmas when relief posties are there and you get loads of peoples mail in there.  I found some photos in there once which had been there for 3 months, luckily I was able to deliver them myself as she lived in the next street to me.

Pat - I think Karen or maybe someone else mentioned that Garages where Storerooms/Transero are normally located have separate suma bills.  Sometimes the garage spaces can be sold to people who don't live in the apartments. 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Key Holding - 26 posts
Alicante region power cuts - 3 posts
Deadline for San Jose/ Herrada del Tollo procedures - 14 posts
The developer misappropriation of funds in the Spanish criminal law - 5 posts
Restaurants in main square Los Alcazares - 41 posts
Help Needed - 8 posts
JUSTIN CAN YOU HELP REGARDING SETTING UP AN AVATAR - 49 posts
Internet Modem, called a dongel through the Orange Network, for just 6 euros a month + a 2 euro connection charge - 17 posts
alhruin de grande - long term let needed - 0 posts
cave house in Rojales - 1 posts
Driving Through France - 5 posts
co/co nut - 2 posts
Electric assist bicycles - 20 posts
Winter weather - 0 posts
HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE NOTICE RE: OVPI - 1 posts
Antequera Blues Festival July 08 11th to 26th (and its FREE!) - 0 posts
Guardamar/Almerimar/Villamartin/Duquesa - 0 posts
MOSQUITO BLINDS AND INSECT SCREENS - 2 posts
SETTING UP MY AVATAR ON E.O.S.WEBSITE - 1 posts
WANTED - PORTABLE AIR CON UNIT - 0 posts
hello from new member - at the 'should i?, shouldn't i? stage' - 8 posts
Car hire at Malaga Airport- full tank/full tank! - 20 posts
Spanish Lessons for my 2 children - 1 posts
Excange my NEW 2 Bed Apartment at LOS LOCOS BEACH for a 3 Bed House - 0 posts
Long Term Rent Wanted - 3 Bed House with Separate Apartment - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 41

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x