?what is happening with Dona Julia golf developments in Casares costa, Malaga.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 May 2008 12:00 AM by andenca Star rating in London. 44 posts Send private message

We put a deposit of 20% total cost in Feb. 07, development called Marina de dona Julia, it should have been finished by end 07/early 08. We have not had any news about progress. We know the company (Evemarina) has sold the hotel planned for the resort but they do not answer e-mails asking for information about appartments. ?Any one has any information? I would be greatful to hear any news.  Andenca

Like 0      
28 May 2008 11:54 AM by Family hart Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

hi - don't know about your development, but we started purchasing an apartment on Elegance Dona Julia (Developer Grupo Sanchez) in January 2004.  Phase I has been completed for 18 months, phase 2 half completed.  After MANY delays and problems trying to get in touch with the Developer by ourselves and our solicitors, we have finally found out that the Developer has filed for Bankruptcy.  We are suing for completion of our contract to take over the completed apartment.  Our solicitor advised trying to get our deposit back would take years and may not be successful (as our Developer has the Licence of First Occupancy they got our deposit!)  Phase 2 we understand will not be completed.  

The last six months have been very stressful - communciation with the Developer has been very difficult.  We know there was a lot of problems getting water and electricity to the sites but thought these problems had been solved now.

We have no knowledge of the hotel other than we were told a few months ago that it should be completed 2010.  Also the commercial centre.  Some people have moved into Las Vinas which is the development opposite the hotel also developed by Eva Marina.  
 It may be worth a day visit out there to go to the site and ask what is going on!
Good luck!

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 10:06 PM by andenca Star rating in London. 44 posts Send private message

I was in Malaga early in July and visited Dona Julia as we have a deposit  for one of the appartments in Marina.  I was so depressed to see how "abandoned" it looked. They have almost finished (externally, as we could not get inside the development) phase 1 (the 3 blocks further from the road) but not much has been done in phase one or the commercial centre. They have not worked on the site for months and the area is full of rubbish and dry wild plants. We were told the Bank (Barclays) may take it over and finish it but no idea of time-scale. We do not know what to do or how to get more (acurate) information.    Andenca

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 10:20 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Hi Andenca

Have you joined your development forum ? That could be a good way of (maybe) finding out from other buyers.

Choose your development & join free, just click a blue link here.

Select development Location Area
El Capricho De Dona Julia Casares Costa Costa del Sol
El Patio de Dona Julia Casares Costa Costa del Sol
Elegance Dona Julia Dona Julia Resort, Casares Costa Costa del Sol
Hercesa Dona Julia Dona Julia Resort, Casares Costa Costa del Sol
La Herencia de Dona Julia Dona Julia Resort, Casares Costa del Sol
Marina de Dona Julia Dona Julia Resort, Casares Costa del Sol
Residencial Mirabella Dona Julia Resort, Casares Costa del Sol
Vinas del Golf - Dona Julia Dona Julia Resort, Casares Costa Costa del Sol

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 10:28 PM by andenca Star rating in London. 44 posts Send private message

Thank you for the info, I have added the development to my profile but I can't see any postings ?how does it work?  Regards. Andenca

Like 0      
22 Jul 2008 10:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Just like the general forums now you've registered. If there are no postings maybe it's because you are the only owner who's registered. Sorry but it happens.

Like 0      
23 Jul 2008 8:45 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar
Andenca,

Information on the legal status of the development can be found in the Planning department of the Town Hall with jurisdiction on the land. Is it Manilva or Estepona?

Of course, a good independent lawyer is highly advisable in these cases.

Best wishes,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
30 Jul 2008 1:43 PM by Robert H Star rating in Marbella. 63 posts Send private message

The Doña Julia development lies within the municipality of Casares.

Like 0      
18 Jan 2009 9:22 PM by aberdeen Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I purchased an apartment at Hercesa Dona Julia in July 2007 and I've heard and read conflicting reports about progress and completion dates and so was hoping that someone could please shed some light on the situation. Thank you! 

Like 0      
22 Jan 2009 1:54 PM by minefield Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

I stayed in Dona Julia over xmas and nyear. Apparantly the banks are going to take over and complete the Grupo Sanchez developments starting Jan so they don't end up paying out on Bank guarantees. Rumours that the Evemarina development work was also starting up - seems to have progressed a fair bit since I last visited in August. Work on the hotel stopped for a few months but was due to restart in Jan with a different builder. Work seems to have restarted at Marina and the commercial building on the left as you come into Dona Julia and seems to be coming along.   

Like 0      
22 Jan 2009 2:42 PM by andenca Star rating in London. 44 posts Send private message

Evemarina is paying out deposits for apartments in Marina. We got ours just before xmas.

Like 0      
15 Feb 2009 7:08 PM by vbettcher Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

We also bought with Hercesa in Jul 07. We were out there about three weeks ago and it looked to be on line and Marie fronm Hercesa  has been sending us photos. Have they contacted you re the washing machine placement? They did us about four molnths ago.  Which block have you bought in?

Like 0      
14 May 2009 6:02 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

Sadly the golf course has deteriated in conditon from when i last played it,

there are "sites" on the right hand site of the 9th hole? and then a red coloured block on the right handside when coming down the 10th hole-what are these ones called?

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bouncy castle - 0 posts
take UK television to spain - 0 posts
What is the situation if promised bank guarantees were not obtained? - 15 posts
Bank Guarantee - 1 posts
rental companies - 1 posts
Facebook - 42 posts
taxes - 2 posts
hi - 4 posts
First Stay In Our Apartment - 6 posts
disabled needs - 6 posts
Late Completion - 3 posts
OUR FAVOURITE MUSIC VIDEOS - 130 posts
how long? - 6 posts
Baby equipment hire - Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Motocross - 12 posts
KIA SORRENTO - 0 posts
Bichon frise pups for sale - 0 posts
Help Need Information - 5 posts
SERVIRED WEBSITE IN ENGLISH. FIND YOUR NEAREST ATM IN SPAIN. - 1 posts
Veranda Al-Andalus - Keymare - 27 posts
Defra Website must read when contemplating bring pets to Spain - 1 posts
healthcare in Spain, HELP - 18 posts
Apartment wanted for rent 24th July to 14th August - HELP!!!!!! - 2 posts
Embargos on Motor Vehicles - 5 posts
IKEA furniture pricing in Spain/UK - 23 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x