moving and working in spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by scottysville Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I wonder if anyone can help me please!I am thinking of moving to Spain once my house is sold,i will have in the region of 50-60 thousand pounds,i know this may sound a lot but i was thinking of putting some of the money into franchising.Has anyone on this site done anything like this before?At first i thought of opening a bar like the other million brits but quickly realised that it wasnt for me.I start a Spanish course in a couple of months to help me get by so the language wont be a problem,i hope!Really what i want to know is how much can i expect to pay rent in coastal towns or cities?And any ideas about what franchise to buy into?Im really stuck HELP!

Like 0      
07 Apr 2008 9:40 AM by moondancer Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Hi,

Depending on where you want to go depends on the price for rentals. I pay 550€ pm for a 2 bed, 2 bath unfurnished detached house a few km's inland from the Mar Menor + bills. Another house the same as mine is being offered near my house but a different letting agent for 700€ pm. Its a lottery.

I have lived in the country (Andalucia) and paid 500€ pm for a 6 bedroom farmhouse with land.

All I can say is go for an agent that complies with the spanish letting law and gives you a contract drawn up by a lawyer. You are safer that way and all rent increases are subject to the law not just what the owner thinks he/she can get.

Like 0      
07 Apr 2008 9:52 AM by LifeOverseas Star rating in Murcia, Spain. 49 posts Send private message

Hi Scottysville,

Where are you thinking of moving to? I think a franchise is a good idea. If you dont speak Spanish then possibly an international franchise may be a better idea as documents, correspondence etc. will more likely be in English.

Good luck

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Winter in spain - 1 posts
Balcon Al Mar - 0 posts
Property network Benalmedina Spain - 0 posts
investment - 8 posts
Teguise Greens in Lanzarote - 1 posts
looking for rental from 1st May - 1 posts
Bad Smells! - 0 posts
Buses Routes - 1 posts
jumillia - 1 posts
Balcon Al Mar - 0 posts
I am in Aloe Friday to Sunday - 3 posts
Snow at Easter, I need to move. - 14 posts
Polaris World - Happy Experiences?!? - 7 posts
1st Post - 5 posts
Sewage odour and attaching health problems - 0 posts
"Staff wanted entertainment bar salou" - 0 posts
Help needed - 12 posts
Spanish language forum - 113 posts
spanish schools - 3 posts
long term rentals in almeria - 0 posts
Mucia car rental closes at 1300hrs help - 4 posts
Newbie - 1 posts
El Soto Phase 2 Prices - 4 posts
Cheaper Utilities in Spain - 0 posts
builder needed!! - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x