Marbella to Sevilla

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Mar 2008 12:00 AM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

Hello

I would be really grateful if someone could give me some help with this one (Morerosado, this isn't really your neck of the woods so I'd be really impressed if you could come up with the answer to this one - Rixxy, you may have an idea?)

My partner has to get from La Duquesa, Manilva to Seville airport on the day after we arrive in Spain. He needs to get to the airport by 8.30pm to get him on a minibus which will take him where he's working. (He has 110 euros to spend, return).

I've been doing some research from here (UK) (which isn't easy) and it looks like the only option is for me to drive him to Marbella where he catches a bus which will take him to Seville and then catch a bus from the bus station in Seville to the airport.

My questions are:

-is this the best way of doing it?

-where is the bus stop in Marbella?

-would he be able to take some big bags of equipment on the bus (ie is there a storage compartment?)

-would the afternoon bus get him to Seville in time for him to get a cab to the airport by 8.30pm?

-how far from the airport is the bus station (in minutes)?

OR should he hire a car and drive to Seville airport and then hire another one to get back to Marbella?

OR could someone direct me to the best place to find this info.

I know this site isn't a route planning facility but after all the generous and useful advice I've had so far I was hoping that SOMEONE may have attempted  this journey??

Thanks for your help

Amanda

Like 0      
06 Mar 2008 11:27 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Amanda, I'm not even going to try this one.  Best of luck.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 3:28 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Hi Amanda

Don't know if this will help, but there are also buses going from Algeciras/La Linea, which may be easier for you (although can't direct you to where the bus station is!!).  The bus takes about 3.5 hours, I think.  They look like big coaches, which would allow you to take luggage with you, I believe.

La Linea is a little closer to where you are than Marbella and you'd maybe avoid a little traffic going from there also.

www.tgcomes.es/horarios_33_english.htm

gospain.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm

Hope this helps!  Otherwise, how about you driving him there!!  See a bit of Seville!

Edited to add:  Also, from Google earth, it appears that the airport is about 11kms (twenty minutes or so) from the El Prado de San Sebastian bus station in Seville (which is the one where the buses from La Linea go, I think).

This message was last edited by Pitby on 3/7/2008.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 9:34 AM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Don't know if this is any help but there is a large bus stop / main stop opposite the port entrance at Algeciras.   Not been to Sevilla on the coach but have travelled from Fuengirola to Algeciras about 4 years ago and it cost about 9€ each.  Very clean and comfortable but of course not always convenient timings so a lot of hanging around.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2008 9:47 AM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

Thanks Jan and Sonia for your responses.

It looks like the bus from La Linea to Seville is the best option as there is a wider choice of bus departure times than there are from Marbella so we wouldn't be cutting it so fine to get from the bus stop in Seville to the airport. In that case it doesn't matter so much how far the bus stop is from the airport.

The website is pretty easy to navigate and buy tickets too so that's a bonus!

I'll let you know whether he manages to get there and back!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wanting long term let benalmadena - 1 posts
Sofa Deals - 7 posts
Water and electricity - 2 posts
paperwork on house is ok but there is an article 205 on the house ? - 6 posts
Capital Gains on UK Property - 5 posts
Santa Maria Green Hills - 2 posts
More New Kids On The Block - 5 posts
Grupo Suite - 1 posts
Hola a todos - 10 posts
Hi From Benalmádena Pueblo - 1 posts
Property In Spain - 2 posts
SHORT TERM LETS CONTRACT IN BOTH ENGLISH & SPANISH - 2 posts
LONG TERM LETS CONTRACT IN ENGLISH & IN SPANISH - 1 posts
Interesting info on renting your property. - 0 posts
HEAD DOORMAN LOOKING FOR WORK IN SPAIN - 1 posts
Patrick Swayze has pancreatic cancer - 4 posts
Distribution of Community Fees - 16 posts
Font Size - 2 posts
moving to lo crispin - 4 posts
Question for TJ222....and anyone else for that matter.... - 0 posts
Recycled Water - 0 posts
e mail address,s - 6 posts
RETIREMENT TO SPAIN - 1 posts
New Buyer - 2 posts
Brittany Ferry offer. £39 2 night Plymouth-Santander-Plymouth. Book by 12th March - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x