Bereaved?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Feb 2008 8:33 PM by 135yearswaiting Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Firstly so sorry to hear of your losses, as many have commented time is a healer. My mother died in 1991 at 59 and my father in 1984 at 63.

We had always been close and I can honestly say do not think a day has gone past where I have n´t thought of them. I still miss them rerribly and

I still wish I had them to talk to, but  everyday I sit quietly and remember the great times we had, the laughs, sometimes arguments. My mother would

never fly off the handle but would n´t  talk for a day or two, so of course my Dad and I would really behave ourselves waiting for the silence

to come to the end.  She suffered a lot, I remember  in the hospital  about 24 hours before she died she was quite bright and when she saw us

said, 2 

H

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 8:33 PM by 135yearswaiting Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Firstly so sorry to hear of your losses, as many have commented time is a healer. My mother died in 1991 at 59 and my father in 1984 at 63.

We had always been close and I can honestly say do not think a day has gone past where I have n´t thought of them. I still miss them rerribly and

I still wish I had them to talk to, but  everyday I sit quietly and remember the great times we had, the laughs, sometimes arguments. My mother would

never fly off the handle but would n´t  talk for a day or two, so of course my Dad and I would really behave ourselves waiting for the silence

to come to the end.  She suffered a lot, I remember  in the hospital  about 24 hours before she died she was quite bright and when she saw us

said, 2 

H

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 8:34 PM by 135yearswaiting Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

said, 2 

H

Like 0      
21 Feb 2008 7:34 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Fibby,

What a delightfull pile of pussycats.

We got our cat (Kiki) as a rescue cat. Not knowing at the time that she was 'with child'. She had 5 kittywhits. 1 black, 2 ginger/white

and 2 ginger. We found good homes for all of them, as I am sure you will.

We have since had her and Digger (our male 'rescue' chocolate Labrador dog) done. No more unwanted animals arriving from this

household!

Fx

BTW. Whats gone wrong with my posts? They are now double spaced and running off the end of the page!

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
21 Feb 2008 7:45 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi 135yearswaiting
You didn't finish your post.................

You posted 3 times, but each was unfinished.

If there is a reason that you couldn't finish them, please PM me and maybe I can help................

Febe

I don't think any sensible people have animals unintentionally, my Daughter certainly didn't.

What great pet names you have, Kiki and Digger!

By the way, your post looked fine, mine is double spaced too, not sure what happened or why!

Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
22 Feb 2008 8:19 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

I'd like to hear/read the end of 135's post too. Very sad.

Way off topic here, but here goes.

Fibby,
As to pet names, Kiki was named after the frog in 'Hector's House', do you remember that?
Digger named himself. We had to go out the day after we got him, leaving him chained up. When we got back he had dug a large hole under a tree.
I said to Chris,"well that's it, he's named himself"
Chris said, "Hole In The Ground, that's a funny name"
I said, "No you fool, Digger!"
We also have Sid the canary and Tiny, Bigfoot and Henry, my African Clawed Frogs (Xenopus)
You know the saying 'you don't have to be mad to live here, but it helps'
I think that's us!
Take care.
Fx

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 1:44 PM by VickiT Star rating in Bournemouth. 121 posts Send private message

This thread started as an outpouring of personal loss and grief and then morphed (as they do!) into cats and kittens.  Well my input combines the two I think - last night I had to take my beautiful 16 year old cat to the vet to be put down.  She had stopped eating, was painfully thin and had lost the use of her back legs.  It was a horrible feeling and I felt a complete traitor as she looked at me with her big eyes so trustingly as the vet stuck the needle in.  I know it was for the best and she would have suffered more in the long run, but I still feel very bad.  She was only a little cat but I loved her very much.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 2:56 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

I think all of us with pets know exactly how you feel.  Many years ago I was too much of a coward to take my German Shepherd to the vets after she lost the use of her back legs so my father did it for me. He was a farmer and can be dispassionate about animals. However he was really upset when they had to have their Pekeginese put to sleep as it was unexpected. She had been mine but my parents adopted her out of what they called my mad house (at the time 1 German Shepherd and 2 cats plus Peke).  They'd lost their own Peke a few years earlier.  When he had to be PTS my mother couldn't tell me for 3 days then she rang me let out a huge sob and put the phone down. You can imagine I feared something dire.

We've not got any pets as I get too attached. Many years ago I worked for the RSPCA in their local communications centre - taking calls and organising inspectors to visit.  Believe it or not I actually used to be relieved when the animal in question died of natural causes as resources were so stretched it was often a logistic nightmare trying to get assistance.  Our shorthand for euthansia was PTS.  I can't even kill a spider and I'm terrified of them.

Like 0      
26 Feb 2008 3:13 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I agree, this thread did morph into cats/kittens, actually my fault, so sorry about that!

But, as we have seen, bereavement need not be about losing a human, people grieve over pets too.

Pets become one of the family and to have to take the decision (albeit the kindest normally), to have them PTS is heartbreaking.

I have been in that position with our cat Fibby, he was PTS and like you, I could not go with him.

Being a coward, I send my Daughter and Husband, they came back so distressed......................

If this thread can be used to share experiences for whatever kind of loss, then that's a good thing.

And any wiseguys out there that start talking about the loss of their car keys, can forget it!!!

Kind regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hard Water Area - 0 posts
Cartagena, Costa Blanca photos, please add more. - 0 posts
Orihuela, Costa Blanca photos, please add more. - 3 posts
internet in spain - 0 posts
San Pedro del Pinatar, Costa Blanca photos. Please add more - 0 posts
Santa Pola photos, add more if you can.(Costa Blanca) - 0 posts
Torrevieja photos, please add more to here. - 0 posts
Ok... I have a list of areas!! - 49 posts
Dining Room Furniture - 0 posts
Hello everyone - 1 posts
Jarvo - 2 posts
Insurance for a UK registered car being driven in Spain - 0 posts
re sale in los altos - 0 posts
SAY WHAT U C !!................bit of a quiz. - 27 posts
Mundi Abogados Solicitors - 0 posts
site office contact details please urgent - 2 posts
Sol Vivienda - 3 posts
Planning permission - 14 posts
lawyer needed in El Albujon, Murcia - 1 posts
no Bank Guarantee=refund - 26 posts
Architect Wanted - 3 posts
Landlords Rights - 3 posts
Long term rent required-7 months - 1 posts
Happy Valentines!! - 15 posts
TAKING YOUR CAR TO SPAIN - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 29

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x