Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Mar 2021 5:49 PM by MikeandHelen Star rating. 193 posts Send private message

Johnz,

Thank you for the contribution, 

I trust it was recent as I see from their website they don't have a tax guide foe 2021 yet!

The paragraph I am interested most in is this one:

"The ‘all costs included’ tenancy agreement is perfectly sensible and gets around most of the disadvantages of 3rdcountry residents. We used to use this many years ago for clients when all non residents had to pay tax on gross rent. The EU resident costs deduction is actually quite recent and forced on Spain by the EU."

This is interesting as it confirms that allowing the deductions from the rent was relatively recent and forced onto Spain under EU law.

The dofficulty is that the UK is now a '3rd Country' and therefore from this I assume that a ''all costs included' tenancy agreement is what is needed.  I interpret this as meaning that a provision is in the tenency agreement that the tenant has to pay all costs. Would be interesting to see the details of this way around decising what the 'gross is.

As I said befors, I'm happy to pay the fixed costs, IBI etc but don'y see why we should be double taxed on Utility fees which coult be 200+euros a month.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2021 5:57 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The email was sent to me in February this year.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 11/03/2021.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

toy poodle puppies - 2 posts
Volunteer work - 4 posts
CGT - 0 posts
WINTER RENTAL SPAIN - 6 posts
Early termination of long term lease - 4 posts
Non residents tax being rejected by bank - 3 posts
Utilities - 1 posts
GREAT NEWS - 0 posts
NEED TO CLOSE SANTANDER ACCOUNT FROM ABROAD - 1 posts
EHIC cards - 21 posts
Feliz navidad - 0 posts
Irish passport - 29 posts
Key holding licence in Spain - 3 posts
Gibraltar/La Linea Border - 1 posts
Residencia, tax returns and not in country 183 days - 6 posts
Organised Mortgage Fraud and Caixabank threatening legal action despite knowing this! - 10 posts
Query re latest Supreme Court ruling on IRPH mortgage clauses and the impact on know of ECJ rulings - 1 posts
Do homemade DVD's work in Spain? - 1 posts
advice needed on builder asking for 50% upfront fee prior to starting work - 13 posts
Alternative to Negative PCR Testing before arriving in Spain by Sea or Air - 0 posts
Registering for healthcare in Spain - 2 posts
Tax redemption form sale of property - 12 posts
Living in Spain after Brexit. What worries you? - 9 posts
End of November Podcast with Maria de Castro - 0 posts
Mojacar Magazine Launch - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x