Self Employed Rules

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jul 2018 5:45 PM by EsmeraldaDizon Star rating in Alicante & Westminst.... 3 posts Send private message

EsmeraldaDizon´s avatar

Hello everyone

Lord Sugar advised me to look up this forum when I had the privilege to interview him recently at the House of Lords.

I have recently moved into my villa in Alicante. I need a part time gardener, a handyman and a pool cleaner. If I engage people who say they are self employed am I in anyway responsible for their taxes and insurance. And what about their health and safety. No doubt they will all have some sort of business card but want paying in cash.

Esme

This message was last edited by EsmeraldaDizon on 28/07/2018.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2018 7:38 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Esmerald:

Welcome to EyeonSpain. So good Lord Sugar likes this forum. Very good to hear. EyeonSpain has been active on providing information and guidance to expats for almost 10 years now and it was here where the possibiities for refund of investors in failed off plan projects started, through Keith Rule.

You are not responsible for taxes or insurances of people working for you as self-employed persons. In regards to health and safety, they are also responsible of their own work processes and tools and possible accidents if caused by their own negligence.

Of course , you would be liable if accidents happen connected to bad state of the any part of the house they would ve working at. For this, it is good you have a good insurance.

Kind regards

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Plusvalia on Inherited Property - 1 posts
Currencies Direct - has anyone used their money transfer services? - 7 posts
Community issue - 14 posts
Community issue - 0 posts
Peinsa 97 SL being finally liquidated - 0 posts
Community of owners and Data Protection compliance - 5 posts
Fears about buying a property in Spain - 6 posts
RATS - 1 posts
Bazza56 - 1 posts
model aircraft clubs - 0 posts
Buying Property - Protecting Myself (Ongoing Divorce) - 4 posts
help required with 3 main questions. thank you. - 1 posts
DOG FRIENDLY GUEST HOUSES - 3 posts
Northern Irish cast adrift once again - 17 posts
Ychristmas - 0 posts
New Tourism regulations for Holiday rentals in Valencia: Law 15/2018 - 6 posts
No tax if no gain when property selling: Supreme Court recent decission - 4 posts
Is airbnb permitted? - 2 posts
Denuncia - 6 posts
Recommendations for property manager - Quatretonda and surrounding areas - 10 posts
The very dark side of the Andalusian property buying p - 8 posts
Long term rental wanted - 1 posts
Inheritance tax - 24 posts
Rental Agents - 2 posts
where shall I go - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x