Water Filters in Sierra Golf. Are you using one?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 May 2016 5:52 PM by PopRivet Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

PopRivet´s avatar

I presently buy bottled water, which is all very nice and clean without any kind of limescale appearing in the kettle, etc. But I'm wondering if anyone in Sierra Golf has a water (osmosis) filter system installed and might it be any good if so?

Thanks.

Like 0      
14 May 2016 5:18 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Do you want 'clean' water to stop limescale or for health reasons?

Are you bothered by limescale in your washing machine/dishwasher too?

If you're doing it mainly for health reasons then I recommend getting a distiller. This gets rid of all contaminants, whereas I don't think the reverse osmosis ones do. Nor do tap filters.

Distillers start from about £70 for a plain white one or about £120 for a nice black/silver one with a glass collection bottle. Both work exactly the same. They will cost you a few quid per month to use. I think they're about 500W and need to run for about 4 hours to produce 4 litres of water, so they use about 2kWhrs per day which is about 40p.

Then get yourself a cheap shower in-line filter (about £10) to filter out chlorine and heavy metals. You can also get an in-line filter to place before it reaches any appliances. I'm not sure on price of those but they will remove chlorine and limescale too.

EDIT:- The distiller will produce nearly pure water and as such it should really be re-mineralised. I use omica superionic fulvic minerals - just a couple of drops into each glass you drink will provide a nice balance and improve the taste (distilled water can be a bit sharp due to carbon dissoliving from CO2 in the air). Or you could use ReLyte or ReMag or similar things.

This message was last edited by fazarelli on 14/05/2016.

Like 0      
19 May 2016 8:01 AM by tillymint666 Star rating in Almeria. 10 posts Send private message

We used a filter system - but it uses 5litres  of water for every one litre you get.  Plus it was expensive to replace  and maintain. Now we use H20 - It was 70euros to fit initially - with a tap (less if you have your own)    It needs changing every 6months (40euros) . Brilliant!!!  No longer carting large bottles of water!!!  I was having my filter replaced and I asked the guy why everybody isn't using their product - and he said that people didnt believe just how good it is!!! So they choose a more expensive, less ecologically friendly product. I must admit we were guilty of that too. It was only when we needed the other one changing ( the pressure dome needed replacing) - we decided to give H20 a chance!!! As I've said- BRILLIANT!!!  They cover from Alicante down to our area Almanzora Valley.  Only posting this because it's such a  good product. 

Like 0      
19 May 2016 10:26 PM by PopRivet Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

PopRivet´s avatar

Thanks to both replies. It's really just for drinking water, where an independant tap will be used for that purpose.

I'll dispense with the osmosis function, gladly, concentrating on the H20 type system instead. I'm certainly not for wasting water, which is exactly what Tillymint666 states, as I was already aware of. Water is an important resource in its own right, and is becoming an important issue regarding its lesser availability. As a Greenpeace Supporter ( Greenpeace doesn't have Members - by the way, and if you join you will be aware of this ) I am aware we should all be doing our bit to save the planet's dwindling resources instead of squandering it wastefully down drains.

So, thanks again for the information.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

LEY 57/1968 WON CASE in FIRST INSTANCE COURT AGAINST CAJAMAR CAJA RURAL FOR 9 OF OUR CLIENTS WHO PURCHASED OFF-PLAN PROPERTIES FROM THE DEVELOPER PROMOCIONES EUROHOUSE S.L. AT FORTUNA GOLF RESORT, LOS BALCONES DEL VALLE & APARTAMENTOS TURISTICOS PUEBLO LA - 0 posts
Discount Codes for DFS in San Javier - 0 posts
Register car in spain confused - 4 posts
Register car in spain - 0 posts
Send mobile top up - 0 posts
Moving to spain from the UK- - 6 posts
Kitchen Install Problems - 4 posts
EU Welfare Benefits - 5 posts
Trade a scrap car in for a new one - 3 posts
Fireplace Surrounds & Fires - 2 posts
Legal tip 1384. FREE revision of mortgage deeds - 0 posts
Any ideas for property in Villamartin area, Orihuela Costa. - 7 posts
entire Apartment contents for Sale Marbella excellent furniture and condition - 1 posts
Camposol Sector C - 13 posts
Good-cond CAR WANTED - 120 CV upwards. - 0 posts
GE Money have sold their mortgage book to OTAGAZ Gestion Hipotecaria - 51 posts
winter let around Malaga near coast. - 4 posts
Attention of EOS team re spam messages - 5 posts
hihic card - 1 posts
power of attorney - 9 posts
long term rentals - 8 posts
Legal tip 1383.A SPANISH BANK REPOSSESSING YOUR SPANISH HOME?  DO NOT PANIC - 0 posts
Proof of uk residency required...bank says info required from British embassy? - 20 posts
A UK with a euro account - 3 posts
Communion and confirmations - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x