Ryanair ‘Asks Britons For £6,000 To Fly Home From Terror-Hit Brussels’

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Mar 2016 9:06 AM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

This is the headline on a Yahoo 'News' article. Sounds pretty disgusting from the headline until you read further into the article which stated that this was a group of 28 people who were not even using the airport that had been bombed. Ryanairs explanation was there is a £60 'change fee' plus the difference between the £20 fare already paid and the price of a new ticket, which was £154.

So we have a group of people on an 'official tour' organised by a M.P. of 28 people!!!!! who obviously can't read the T's and C's of their tickets. I wonder what their travel insurance policy will pay for......nothing because they can still come back on their original ticket as it is from another airport! This M.P. had the gall to raise this in Parliament to get airlines to pay for everything out of their £20 fare. Methinks that this MP should be taken to task over his actions in raising this matter in Parliament.

Unless you think differently...........

By the way no comment was made that 28 people flew from England to Brussels for £560. Surely this is the headline story!!!

Like 0      
28 Mar 2016 12:41 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I like Ryanair and I accept they are not the best, but don't want to pay best prices. They have changed substantially recently and are a lot lot better. I really don't understand why so many want to bash them all the time? Oh yes, they are successful, no- one likes a corporate success story do they??

Mark

Like 3      
28 Mar 2016 5:50 PM by steone Star rating in Santiago de la Riber.... 383 posts Send private message

I agree with you, Marksfish, that Ryanair offer a very good service. If it wasn't for the likes of Ryanair and Easyjet et al we would still be paying £300 to £400 per person each way to fly to Europe instead of the £50 to £100 that we now pay with the budget airlines. Or even the £20 that this group paid!!! Why do the media always try and put down Ryanair when they have opened up the whole of Europe to those on a smaller budget? Instead of having just one overseas holiday a year now we can afford two or three thanks to Ryanair.

Today we read that a lady on a B.A. flight was handcuffed, strapped into seat and arrested for.............. getting up to stretch her legs!!!!!!!!!!! The lady said that she had had 2 glasses of wine, supplied by B.A., and was accused of being drunk. Oh by the way she has been banned for life from flying B.A. not that she would want to fly with them again. Now imagine if that had been Ryanair what the headlines and copy would have said. Methinks it is one rule for Ryanair and a different one for every other carrier. 

Rant over!!!!!!

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

£167bn now - 57 posts
Retired couple moving to Spain - 5 posts
Speed cameras in a gated community - 8 posts
VPN - 4 posts
Taking dogs on caravan site - 1 posts
Best way to sell a car in spain - 3 posts
Car for Sale at bargain price!!!! - 1 posts
this may seem a strange business question - 1 posts
who is Traficos governing body - 7 posts
Residential mobile homes/chalets - 3 posts
Administrator or President - 0 posts
Permanent resident of Calpe/Benissa/Moraira/Altea New Vehicle Discounts - 1 posts
Looking for bed shop in Girona Escala - 0 posts
I need a local guide in Madrid - 1 posts
residencia - 2 posts
Water Mains tight - 3 posts
Noise and ASB - 26 posts
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL - 2 posts
Question about Community Expenditure - 7 posts
New Career - 0 posts
Swimming pool or water tank? - 5 posts
Appeal cases - 5 posts
Clothes rail wanted for market - 0 posts
More fees for procurador - 5 posts
A delicate question - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x