Surcharges on debts

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Oct 2015 11:54 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Do any of the learned posters out there have a view on whether surcharges slapped on unpaid debts and agreed at an AGM by the majority are legal under the Spanish Monitorio process?

i.e. Will a judge automatically award surcharges if the debt is accepted in Court?

Thanks

Like 0      
10 Oct 2015 10:04 AM by Jack5340 Star rating in Calahonda Costa Del .... 56 posts Send private message

Hi Hugh_man, We have been told that surcharges won't be granted by a judge. There is away around it. Instead of a surcharge the community increases the community charge by 25% for everyone and gives the people that pay on/in time a 20% discount. By doing this those that pay on/in time do not pay more but, those that don't pay on/in time pay the full community charge without the discount. We have been doing this for some time and those that we have taken to court have had to pay the full amount of the community charge.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2015 10:45 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The MO shown by Jack, is now (for last couple of years) used by our town hall with regard to IBI payments.  The previous MO had to changed when the 'opposition party' said it was illegal to give discounts to some only.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 10/10/2015.

Like 0      
10 Oct 2015 6:49 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Thanks Jack, exactly what I introduced on my Community 2 years ago and  works well improving cash flow and payment times.

My question was posed as the Administrator on the resort insists to all other Communities and Entity that surcharges, if agreed at AGM are legal and many debtors do indeed pay the surcharges to avoid court action but we have still not seen a legal judgement for proof they will be included.

Still looking for views of others, even possibly Maria.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

SPANISH EQUIVALENT OF RSPCA - 2 posts
Car and trailer query - 2 posts
Do we get the title dees? - 1 posts
Making a very simple will - 1 posts
Marbella rentals & occupancy - 4 posts
Gran Canaria. A new life? Dream or reality? - 4 posts
PRODUCTIVE PARTICIPATION IN THE ANDALUSIAN FORUM ON JUSTICE - 5 posts
Cancelling a life Insurance for mortgage protection after selling property - 5 posts
Looking for a four bed country house in Spain - 0 posts
flight charges - 11 posts
British nationals buy one in eight properties in Spain. - 0 posts
Notary costs in Spain - 2 posts
NOVEMBER 10- final deadline to claim on excessive IHT paid more than 4 years ago - 0 posts
Water Filter Home System - 0 posts
Who Remember Santa Maria Green Hills - MVG - latest update !!! Jose Ramon beats developer - 0 posts
Buy upholstery foam iin south of spain Malaga - 2 posts
Limiting who can be in position of President - 18 posts
Unbelievable meeting - 10 posts
How dose this work. CAR REG - 4 posts
"Homes under the hammer" Spanish adventure CAMPOSOL - 40 posts
Do I, or my buy pay tax on the furniture sold separately when selling my appartment. - 11 posts
Inheritance Tax Laws - 22 posts
The ones that are being kicked out of their homes by banks are not Spanish - 7 posts
Moving to Spain - 2 posts
Bank Charges - Banco Popular? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x