What do I need to open a bank account in Spain?

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Apr 2015 4:31 PM by Teesdale Star rating. 11 posts Send private message

Can I open an account by taking 500 euros in cash into the bank? What else will I need apart from my passport? Do I need an NIE number? thank you.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2015 5:44 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

yes,you do need an NIE number

Your solicitor can arrange this for you.

you will need this in order to accept the inheritance.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2015 6:06 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I agree with Campo, however, there are posters  on the net who say they and people they know have accounts without having an NIE.  So take you pick and then do what that bank wants.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2015 9:37 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

It has to be that those who have bank accounts without an NIE were probably the one's, like me years ago, because back then the bank didn't ask, make any mention or even insist on these, much the same as I bought my very first house with no NIE, then I got one about two months later.

My solicitor did arrange all this but after I bought the house and paid for it. I understand that what happened years ago isn't the case now.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2015 11:55 PM by joe1949 Star rating in Manchester. 61 posts Send private message

My only advice would be to steer well clear of Sabadell. My time in Spain is now over and the stress of getting out was made ten times worse by this incompetent Spanish Bank. I'd banked for years with no problems with Banco Halifax &  then Lloyds but my troubles started with Sabadell and will hopefully soon be resolved.

Like 1      
30 Apr 2015 8:59 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Re the need for an NIE.

See thread "DO I NEED AN NIE NUM TO OPEN A NON RESIDENT BANK ACCOUNT"

Where Starfox says, "Well, you can go to the Sabadell website and open an expansion account online in a matter of minutes using just your passport number in English. There is no requirement for an NIE and there wasn't when we opened an account with them in the office, they have our scanned passports and that is the end of it

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

looking for bed and breakfast around madrid area - 1 posts
electric bike - 3 posts
I welcome My Self :) - 0 posts
F1 trip to barcelona on coach from vivilia travel - 0 posts
Can we trust testimonials on rental sites? - 5 posts
Spanish Bank Account Updates - 1 posts
Another question - sorry! - 6 posts
Opening a Spanish bank account, etc - 2 posts
Is FOL obligatory for sales to buyers in Valencia Region? - 2 posts
English speaking accountant in Andalucia - 4 posts
MJV Airport - 2 posts
window grilles - 1 posts
Declaration of Economic Activity - 25 posts
swimming pool parties - 5 posts
Towing a caravan from UK to Spain - 4 posts
scottish couple traveling from santander to sax - 0 posts
All inclusive car hire - 3 posts
Good gestoria in Fuengirola or nearby - 1 posts
Not receiving e-mail notifications - 14 posts
Wanted long term rental country house - 0 posts
Financial Adviser moving to Spain - 9 posts
Registering a UK motorbike in Spain - 1 posts
Planning our move to Spain - 1 posts
Where can I find the co-efficient to calculate the Plusvalia tax, - 3 posts
Solar power for community lighting - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x