Lets Eat in Benijofer

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

Best restaurant we have been to since back in northern ireland.food was delicious,service was excellent and restaurant had a brill ambiance about it.not the cheapest but i for one dont mind paying for quality.well worth a visit.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 2:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

"Let's Eat" in Benimar is meant to be excellent as you've said, Mervy. It is actually in Benimar, not Benijofar but the town's just a short walk away. (We brought 2007 in alongside Benijofar church )

Some of our friends live in Benimar & they use many restaurants there mainly for convenience as they just walk from their home along the road. We've been to both Chinese's, preferring the one not on the main road. We love The Yellow Rose Of Texas (Mexican), we've eaten at The Pub & have heard The Taj Mahal is superb, though we've yet to go.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 3:14 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes the Taj Mahal is excellent we do love curries. We used to go to T.J for the auction then get a take away  and walk back through the Orange and Lemon groves, Not tried the Mexican.  The Pub was good but it was packed when we went.  I also like the Dutch butcher shop brilliant.  Pat

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 4:01 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

Taj Mahal is lovely,we live near bigastro and we still go to it for take-aways.have to say we were not impressed at all by the mexican and would not want to go back.each time we went it was packed so we got the impression it was something special so after driving for 25 minutes to eat there it was a disappointment.studz is good for a snack.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 4:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
We've only been once to Yellow Rose, Mervy, but it WAS good ! It was a couple of years ago when everything was so new to us there. We'd been told by friends who go a lot that it was imperative to book so we asked the couple we went with to do that & they booked around 10 days before we went seeing as we didn't obviously want to turn up, expecting to get in, & couldn't. I guess every restaurant has its moments when food isn't as good. These days we like to go to Spanish restaurants rather than anything else but we do go Chinese usually Sat or Sun.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 6:10 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Morerosado

If you like Chinese food, have you tried The Banana Tree in Quesada?

It is awesome!! The food & service are superb. Reasonably priced & their attention to detail makes the meal very interesting.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 6:13 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Noreen

No, we haven't but our friends living at Dona Pepa2 swear by it. We shall likely go with them in Sept or in January with Auntie Em & Kenco & semijubilada & her hubby.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 6:20 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

If you go - be sure to book.

We went in February & again in May & it was really busy.

There were 6 of us (4 adults & 2 kids (who eat like horses)) & the bill was only about 80 Euros including all drinks & it would have included dessert if we had been able for it.

There is also a little restaurant in Algorfa on the main road (not the one that goes to La Finca) - sorry I don't know the name of it - we had an amazing Paella for 10 Euros each.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 6:26 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

Banana tree also do a great value for money lunch menu at €8.50 for 3 course meal including drink.the best duck in orange sauce i have ever tasted.Do you know what the name of the restaurant in algorfa is,the only one i know of is the vestry just off the main road.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 6:32 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Sorry I don't know the name of the one in Algorfa.

Basically if you turn left out of Fontana development & go down to the narrow junction where the traffic lights are & turn left. The restaurant is then along that main road on the right hand side.

It is somewhere that I would probably have walked past as from the street it looks more like a take away/ snack bar type place. However, when you go through that part & to the left, there is a lovely cosy restaurant which would accommodate probably no more than 25 people at a time.

The staff speak only Spanish but we managed. The owner was so proud of this superb Paella that he posed for a photo before we even got the camera out!!

We were in Algorfa with my cousin at the time & didn't take any notice of the name - if I find out I will post it on here.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 6:40 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

Thank's,we like to try different places and algorfa isn't that far from where we live.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 6:46 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

Sorry, I should have mentioned that we did go in & book the table & the paella on the morning of our visit. Apparently some restaurants won't do the paella without 24 hours notice.

Maybe "Georgia" might know the name of the restaurant as I believe he lives in/near Algorfa.

Noreen 

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 7:00 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

We only went to Algorfa once but we must do more exploring next time.  I have heard the Banana Tree is very good.  Their is a good chinese as you go into Rojales I think it's called Hong Kong restaurant we had so much could not get through it all so they gave us a doggie bag to take home. Pat   

Like 0      
09 Aug 2007 10:29 AM by susan s Star rating in Essex. 39 posts Send private message

The restaurant in Algorfa is called the Alquibla, I would agree that it doesn't look much from the outside, but it does have a smoking and non smoking section. These are seperate and one of the only ones I know to have both.

I can recommend it for a MDD lunch as well

Sue

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Torremendo - 33 posts
ADMINISTRATION - 4 posts
Send private message to - 7 posts
david and jan brooker - 1 posts
Once they take your deposit does the romance die - 2 posts
New owner...anyone going to esuri bloque1 ? - 1 posts
philpne - 0 posts
MRI furniture package - 4 posts
Property price 'increase' reports - fact or fiction? - 7 posts
edith office - 0 posts
Registering a van - 5 posts
Having a WiFi hotspot installed for the community - 6 posts
Has anyone has a paddle tennis or sports court built? - 0 posts
Vista Del Guadiana - 2 posts
Moving to Quesada next year (early I hope) - 10 posts
Anyone use Xe.com for money transfers? - 14 posts
Be Careful at Malaga Airport - 0 posts
moving to spain - 4 posts
Badajoz - 3 posts
New to site and looking at El Bosque Mairena development...... - 1 posts
Importing furniture from Far East - 0 posts
MOSQUITOS - 84 posts
flights to seville - 3 posts
Listen online to your favourite radio stations on the Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Roda golf apartment. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x