Help Pensioner S1 Form, pay for prescriptions.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jan 2014 7:40 AM by benboy Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Can any one tell me if this is right, I have gone to the seguridad social and I think have registered my wife and myself

S1 form, the man told me to wait 1 month for a form to come from Malaga, he keept one s1 form from each of us and gave me back the other two, they give you two s1 forms in uk for each person, went back after one month and saw

a diferent person and he looked on pc and then went off and came back and gave us a form Documento Acreditativo Del Derecho A La Asistencia Sanitaria and told us to take the form to the local medical centre, we took the forms to the medical centre and they registered us on the system and gave us a Certificacion de datos en la basede datos de usuarios del sistema sanitario publico andaluz thats what it says at the top, they said we would have to bring this form with us to see the doctor and that a card would be sent to our post box in 3 to 4 months in the mean time we have seen a doctor and she has given us prescriptions for our medication we are on and told us we have to pay full price for our medication untill our cards come through you know how long things take here we might be waiting years,

can some one tell me is this right or do we have to do something else to only pay the pensioners 10% from now and not wait till our cards turn up.

Thank for any help.

Like 0      
23 Jan 2014 9:09 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

you know how long things take here we might be waiting years,

That’s a pretty pessimist  start to enjoying your new home!  Perhaps you should not have come here.

The Amount a registered person pays depends on their income, as declared in Spain.  Up to believe 17,000 euros p.a. it is 10 % max per month. That is what I pay.

In Andalucía when one presents the medical card at the chemists the computer calculates what you need to pay based on you Spanish tax declaration.  If you have not made a declaration  I do not know how that would work. I am sure some one will tell you.

Other Regions may have different systems,  so if you show the Region you are in that will help with quality of the advice you get.

Like 0      
23 Jan 2014 9:24 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Until your S1 is registered on the system, you will be able to see a doctor without charge but will have to pay for medication. Your healthcard will come through very quickly and you will not have to wait years. It will take a maximum of 3 months to get your ;permanent cards.  So saying, I seem to recall I wasn't charged the full amount for my repeat medication when I was waiting for the card to come through but 40 or 50% of the cost.  However this was before the charges for pensioners prescriptions were introduced so it may have changed.

People have since told me the correct way of doing it was to have obtained 3 months medication from my UK GP to tide me over.  My monthly meds only come to 16 euro a month full price (I now pay 1.60) so I wasn't that bothered but someone on expensive medication would be. 

Like 0      
23 Jan 2014 12:25 PM by benboy Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Thank you for your reply s I went back to  seguridad social and see the original man

we saw in the first place, told him about the 100% charge on the prescription showed him

the paperwork his colleague had given me, he said it was wrong we now have the correct

forms that state we are pensioners so we have to go back to medical centre and change

the registration, he said we will only have to pay 10% of medication, and he did say the

card would take one to two months, so I hope every thing is right now.

benboy.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Groupon Espana - 0 posts
money taken from my bank. - 11 posts
2m Satellite Dish & Sky Box f/s - 0 posts
How far is the Bankia Branch in Malaga away from Malaga airport - 1 posts
La Roda for sale - 14 posts
Large US technology corporations continue to dodge the Spanish taxman - 0 posts
Fireplace and chimney - 4 posts
OH, SUCH JOY - 8 posts
FOR SALE AUTOSLEEPER MOTORHOME - 0 posts
The growing need to work together to resolve consumer property rights issues in Spain - 0 posts
RECLAIMING PRESCRIPTION COSTS - 6 posts
New to forum - 5 posts
Green Building Code Dumped - 13 posts
Sustainable Building Code Dumped - 0 posts
Non Residents Inheritance Tax in Anadalucia - 10 posts
Contradictions .... - 1 posts
Incoming Russians. Clients or Business Rivals - 3 posts
Bank repos 20% higher than open market prices - 7 posts
Reporting Crimes in Spain ( by telephone) - 0 posts
Letting estate agents :mijas pueblo - 0 posts
Astra 2E on the move. - 2 posts
Disabled provision/access within communities, financial implications, and existing regulations. - 0 posts
Long term let or holiday let - 11 posts
DOES PC STAND FOR POOR CUALITY IN SPAIN - 9 posts
Chinese supermarket near La Zenia Boulevard - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x