Photobucket Woes...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Dec 2013 10:03 AM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi,
Just went to my library of close on 400 pics stored on photobucket to find that about 95% of the pics are carrying an error message... 'This person has moved or deleted this picture... Sorry'

I certainly haven't moved or deleted them... and the default folder is private. I have just posed the same query on an Aviation Forum that I subscribe to and it appears quite a few people are having similar problems...

Anyone here care to comment?

Thanks

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
18 Dec 2013 12:42 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Foxbat

I'm assuming you have seen this but just in case you haven't.

http://support.photobucket.com/entries/21119512-This-Person-Moved-or-Deleted-This-Image

Like 0      
18 Dec 2013 2:34 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Team GB...Thanks, yes I've seen it, read it, forwards and backwards several times over! Doesn't help unfortunately because although the pics have disappeared, it is still possible to get the links to download them... problem is the links dont work either! Having said that of the few pics that remain supposedly unscathed in my library the links for those pics dont work either... At the moment it looks like all 392 original pics are unreadable... I've sent a snottygram to photobucket via their Facebook message service... hopefully someone will get back to me and tell me just whats going on...

fb

Like 0      
18 Dec 2013 10:16 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

With no way to meet the photobucket problem head to head with their geeks, I left a message on their Facebook page...

A little after 6pm this evening I got these replies...

"There is a known issue that we are aware of and working to address. If I hear an update I will pass it along to you. In the meantime, I have applied three free months of Plus 20 to your account".

and again ten minutes later this...

"I believe this issue has been fixed!"

And it has... all the pics are properly restored...

The combination of the loss of the bucket and the runaway mouse has led to a very trying day of multiple full scans with anti virus and anti-malware solutions.

As a last resort (and perhaps it should have been my first resort given that in the event the snags were not related,) was to do a system restore back to the 6th Dec before the last lot of M'soft Updates were applied. I also deleted the original mouse driver software and re-installed the latest version from Logitech. The runaway mouse seems satisfied with my actions and is now on its best behaviour. So hopefully alls well that ends well...

Like 0      
19 Dec 2013 9:12 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

There is an option on Photobucket now to take a backup of all pictures you have. May be a good idea to download it now, just in case.

Mark

Like 0      
20 Dec 2013 5:37 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Mark, thanks for that. Have downloaded..

fb

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Spanish courts favours Polaris World - not the consumer - 11 posts
Firearms training in Mojacar / Aguilas area - 4 posts
BBC news coverage of consumer problems when purchasing in Spain - 12 posts
Hacienda Tax Demands - 13 posts
THEFT OR 'BORROWED' - 15 posts
Telephone/Internet Service Providers/Costa Del Sol - 1 posts
Another blow for Spain - 13 posts
Satellite Receive for all European Channels - 17 posts
WHAT DO I NEED ? - 7 posts
Could impact on tourism - 23 posts
Costaluz Lawyers came through for me against BP/Aliseda - 20 posts
Euro Vegas Bites The Dust - 0 posts
Volunteers wanted in Orihuela Costa, Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Another Costaluz victory! - 16 posts
Is Spain Shit or Are we Poor Judges - 9 posts
Minutes go agm - 0 posts
holiday rental- owner responsibility - 1 posts
Income tax on UK State pensions in Spain - 30 posts
Does it feel like Christmas where you are? - 0 posts
NEW! Granada Appeal Court greatly applying Law 57/68 - 47 posts
Unemployment in Spain down, or is it ? - 4 posts
Storage? - 3 posts
driving a moped / scooter - 2 posts
Financial monsters, Financial killers. Good for Brussels - 0 posts
Spain goes further back to the Middle Ages - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x