ITV's Tonight seeks Brits considering inland plots or villages for as little as €600

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Aug 2013 10:09 PM by Jackie222 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

ITV's Tonight are filming a programme in Spain next week, investigating whether it really is a good time to buy here again .

Are you currently looking for a bargain property or plot in Spain? In inland Spain whole villages are being sold at low prices. We will be filming in Olmeda de la Cuesta, near Cuenca next week (starting September 2), where half of a village is being auctioned, with plots starting at €600 for 60 metres squared.

We would be interested in featuring British individuals planning to taking part in the auction or considering such a move – ASAP. Perhaps you already live on the coast and are considering moving inland.  Contact Jackie on 00 34 96 579 3842 or mobile: 722 297 812. In the UK, contact James Bolchover on 0161 952 1028.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2013 11:55 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

How was that programm?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
31 Aug 2013 12:51 PM by ElviriaDreamer Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

ElviriaDreamer´s avatar

Such a shame this wasn't advertised in 2011 when I bought my caravan and was going to move it out to Spain "to live in a field"...I'd of jumped at this then :(

Due to time passed and other factors...I have a different dream now  :)

That area may be remote and in the middle of nowhere, but I can tell people after a lot of online research I did around that area and the surrounds it is beautiful and really will offer true Spanish living, away from the masses and tourism.

HEAVEN and PARADISE rolled into one.

GOOD LUCK finding people...I will look out for the programme as I will be interested to see what happens. 

Like 0      
31 Aug 2013 9:55 PM by ojosazul88 Star rating. 171 posts Send private message

"Heaven and paradise"!!, yeah right!, while I agree the idea of living in a pretty
Inland location living on a diet of homegrown produce is a nice dream, Olmeda de la Cuesta is more a nightmare , its semi derelict, set in a featureless landscape that gets freezing in winter, miles from anywhere.Cuenca is not that close, this is just PR to produce a TV programme, as I mentioned before this is a 2 year old story that the Spanish were running that is being re "spun".
Cynical?, Perhaps there's a reason only 15 people are left living there, all of who are over 70.

Like 0      
31 Aug 2013 11:12 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

The price is also low because there is a condition, you must build a property within two years of purchase. So no good for a caravan...don't be sad!  :)  

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
01 Sep 2013 5:26 PM by ElviriaDreamer Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

ElviriaDreamer´s avatar

Ojosazul88...I don't think your cynical at all. You raise very good points and the fact there are only 15 people living there speaks volumes. However, I would of been willing to take the risk had I known about it because for me the less noise, hustle and bustle the better due to my illness and disabilities. With my photography, one of my main interests is rural landscapes, old ruins etc so it would of been an ideal location, as long as internet was available within a reasonable distance. Just think, if those 15 popped their clogs before me I could then be "The Village Idiot"...No-one would know :)
My caravan is double glazed and has central heating (once I have my solar kit installed my only necessity is water/gas bottles)...it is toasty warm in winter. I did a Christmas at -2 with 60/70mph gales in it...we were lovely and warm, just terrified of taking off!

Ian...Never sad for more than 5minutes, as life is too short. I think I would of asked if a log cabin was suitable for the house build, as that is previously what I had looked at and costed. Very cheap to do if you budget and plan right. I need a more sedate plan and dream now...so smiley and happy :)

Like 0      
03 Sep 2013 9:57 PM by Jackie222 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

This is not a "recycled story",  ojosazul88 . The village first anounced its intention to sell off plots in 2011, but it is only now the auction is happening for the first time. It is postal and started on 19th Aug and ends 19th Sept.

Like 0      
08 Oct 2013 11:32 PM by Jackie222 Star rating. 10 posts Send private message

The finished programme was broadcast last Thursday (3rd Oct). I tried to post the link here, but I`m still not allowed to! So just google ITV and Tonight and Bargains in the Sun.

Overall the programme was pretty positive -- contrary to what some presumed...

Jackie

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Parking in the Port of Cartagena.. what a nice surprise ? - 0 posts
Non Resident Income Tax - 3 posts
Mijas Golf 24 hour Power Cut - 0 posts
Buy a plot of land in Spain for £500 - 26 posts
internet connection speed - 6 posts
Villa or finca wanted for winter rental from november to april - 2 posts
confused!! - 2 posts
Import procedure - 0 posts
Sleeping Easy? - 1 posts
wanted for six months 2014 rental in benelmadena - 0 posts
leaking roof - 1 posts
KISSING GOODBYE TO TENANCY DEPOSITS - 5 posts
Coming for a Preview - 0 posts
applying for health care - 28 posts
TO ALL BLOGGERS & ADMIN - 0 posts
problems with my kindle. - 5 posts
problem with web page - 5 posts
habitation certificate - 40 posts
Blog changes!! WHERE ARE PHOTOS I UPLOADED? - 10 posts
Goodfly - 0 posts
administrators - 3 posts
I am looking at geting a new bench top any recommendations? - 3 posts
Disapponted visit to Spain - 10 posts
swimming pools - 2 posts
Social Security Payments- Optional? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x