Free Cancellation car hire

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jun 2013 12:57 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

Prepaid for car hire from DoYouSpain then rechecked the price a couple of weeks later and found that it had halved. So thought I'll cancel the expensive one and book the new one - good idea - except after 4 weeks still no refund. Sent the cancellation and 3 subsequent emails - all replied to "saying we will deal with your request shortly". In my book 4 weeks and counting is not shortly!

No problem with the hire car just the refund does not seem to be forthcoming, so will not be prepaying again.

Perhaps "Claire" of DoYouSpain will read this and get it sorted? 

Like 0      
11 Jun 2013 7:24 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

Don't hold your breath.. Used DYS a few times, no problem. The last time I ended up with a car that wouldn't look out of place in a toy shop (not what I had paid for). Complained , but no reply. Seems like Claire and Jose are so busy sending e mails with amazing offers , they don't have time for replies. Never mind, once bitten, twice shy..

Like 0      
11 Jun 2013 10:23 PM by Marysafc Star rating in Harrow and Peñiscola. 113 posts Send private message

Car hire was ok except for the usual cost of fuel, which was more than the cost of the hire - €58 for a car with a tank that can only hold 40l at the most, but that is expected these days. Avis was the same and in fact charged over €70 for a car seat for a weeks hire. The problem seems in getting the refund for the "free cancellation" policy. I will definitly not pay up front again.

If I don't hear anything in the next week I wil contact the credit card company and see what they can do.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2013 8:27 AM by carl9 Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

I'd suggest you all use Carjet.com. With these guys you can pay on arrival, which means you can cancel anytime and there is no payment claw back.

These days we have a car in Spain.  There are great services offered by Seguro parking and it's run like a military machine by Arno and team. Great value, car looked after and stored while you are away. They even arrange servicing, MOT etc.

Carl

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

how to pay community tax in Aguilas - 0 posts
Viloriens - 6 posts
COSTA LUZ Lawyers are THE BEST! - 5 posts
Imputed tax on UK home if resident here? - 1 posts
UK inheritance tax - 16 posts
LEASING / SALE OF FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT - 0 posts
Trying to rent in Spain - 3 posts
Transfer of car ownership with all docs but previous owner's NIE. Possible? - 13 posts
Flood Lights - 0 posts
inheritance,should be a good thing right? - 1 posts
sun awnings - 0 posts
Blaming the assets law for cgt - 6 posts
Warning - removals back to the UK - 2 posts
Bilderberg Group: The Secret Rulers of the World - 8 posts
Paying a Bill -a Cautionary Tale - 6 posts
Admin help needed with iPad 4 problems - 5 posts
tbag - 1 posts
Help wanted please - 4 posts
Legal tip 968. Cajamar accepts keys back in Courts - 0 posts
huma . builder - 3 posts
Rise in income tax - 21 posts
HOW DO I SET UP AN ANIMAL CHARITY IN SPAIN? - 2 posts
IS IT STUPID? - 15 posts
Housing prices are on the rise in some coastal areas - 37 posts
Inheritance Tax for non-residents - 32 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x