Balerics - renting out my apartment for holiday lets

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jun 2013 9:34 AM by Keyboard Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Does anyone know the current position regarding renting out private apartments in Mallorca for holiday lets i.e. to tourists? I've seen conflicting views. Some indicate that this is illegal without a license (which is next to impossible to get), others that it's ok provided you don't offer services such as front-desk. Any thoughts?

Like 0      
14 Jun 2013 8:23 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
16 Jun 2013 9:41 AM by Julianx Star rating in Spain. 61 posts Send private message

This is from Maria's reference, It is the total info shown for letting in Andalucia and Balearics

BUT.   What about the permisions from The Junta, the town hall, and the community;  the income tax, the possible IVA with  monthly returns, the new efficiency cert, the safety certs for gas and electricity etc. ???

Very important warning

When letting it should also be borne in mind that if the property becomes uninhabitable (say a fire of flood) then the person who is letting i.e. with private letting the owner, becomes responsible for all compensation claims made by the renters,  including air fares, loss of holiday, etc, as NO FLIGHT / HOLIDAY insurance covers such liability. (For those who do not want believe this I suggest you call the claims/assessors  dept of any insurance company.  I know because some years ago I did just that and even tried to get the Trading Standard and ABTA,  involved as it seemed the wording of the policies was misleading)

This message was last edited by Julianx on 16/06/2013.

This message was last edited by Julianx on 16/06/2013.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

a good watchmaker wanted - 0 posts
The Euro Crisis is Over - What a relief !!! - 6 posts
Car hire in Menorca - 1 posts
Free Cancellation car hire - 3 posts
how to pay community tax in Aguilas - 0 posts
Viloriens - 6 posts
COSTA LUZ Lawyers are THE BEST! - 5 posts
Imputed tax on UK home if resident here? - 1 posts
UK inheritance tax - 16 posts
LEASING / SALE OF FINANCIAL INSTRUMENT - 0 posts
Trying to rent in Spain - 3 posts
Transfer of car ownership with all docs but previous owner's NIE. Possible? - 13 posts
Flood Lights - 0 posts
inheritance,should be a good thing right? - 1 posts
sun awnings - 0 posts
Blaming the assets law for cgt - 6 posts
Warning - removals back to the UK - 2 posts
Bilderberg Group: The Secret Rulers of the World - 8 posts
Paying a Bill -a Cautionary Tale - 6 posts
Admin help needed with iPad 4 problems - 5 posts
tbag - 1 posts
Help wanted please - 4 posts
Legal tip 968. Cajamar accepts keys back in Courts - 0 posts
huma . builder - 3 posts
Rise in income tax - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x