Change of address

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Apr 2013 1:37 PM by rumlee Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hello

I went to the town hall today to change my address, because i moved from Estepona to Marbella. But I was told to make copies of some documents, before they can change the address. I was given a paper with information about which papers that they need. I have made copies of the NIE green resident card, passport, rental agreement and electricity bill. But it says, that I need something I do not know what means exactly. It says: original y copia a nombre del propietario.If it means, that they need the original identity card of the owner of the apartment, that i rent, I don't understand that this is necessary, and I don't think, that the owner wants to send me her identity card, The owner lives in Madrid and I in Marbella. I do not recall needing to show this kind of identification, the last time i changed the address. Can someone enlighten me please. Personally I would not hand over my original identification to anyone without being there in person, so it seems very strange to me, that this is required. help please..

This message was last edited by rumlee on 17/04/2013.

This message was last edited by rumlee on 17/04/2013.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2013 3:52 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

You need to prove you are living in  the municipality. That could be  a copy of the escritura of ownership, or a rent contract.

If  you do show them an original rental document (but you probably don’t rent legally, ie. its not a registered contract) then that might be  the problem.

Maybe a letter from the owner and a copy of her DNI and a copy of the escritura would do it.

If all else fails DEMAND the complaints form and complete it.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2013 4:32 PM by rumlee Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

It is a legal rental agreement made by the real estate agents with owners signature and mine.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2013 4:58 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

It still maybe not be legal under Spanish law,.  That each party has signed does not make it so. 

I believe it should be signed in front of a Notary and it miust be register (I think with the local authority?).   

Most rentals don't do that as of course then the tax on the income cannot be evaded, and maybe IVA too as an agent is used,  as is mostly the case.

Nevertheless, I suggest as I said;  
                                                                    a letter from the owner and a copy of her DNI and a copy of the escritura would do it.

And, If all else fails DEMAND the complaints form and complete it.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2013 5:55 PM by rumlee Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I thank you for your reply but I can not use your answer. All I need to know is what to bring in general when wanting to change my address.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2013 6:01 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Acceptable proof you live there That is it

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Expat Solutions - 19 posts
retail shop rental for florist business. - 12 posts
Will a cheap airline fly to cordoba? - 2 posts
hello - 21 posts
uk / spain - 0 posts
3G in Spain - 2 posts
New and seeking guidance - 10 posts
Medical insurance - 11 posts
Need a recommendation for a good restaurant in Malaga old town. - 3 posts
Does this happen to others ???? - 1 posts
Where to buy sewing machines? - 4 posts
EGM's - 6 posts
What is going on with card sharing? - 0 posts
New photos loaded on Camposol Community Forum Page - 3 posts
Neighbour from hell - 13 posts
Insolvency - 6 posts
upto date advice if poss please - 1 posts
belgium/french pesion? - 0 posts
Newbee!!! - 0 posts
Help!!!! UK to SPAIN. ANYONE GOT SPACE IN A VAN/LORRY????? - 4 posts
Inland Sky TV Spain - 9 posts
HELP!!!! UK to SPAIN ANY SPACE IN A VAN???? - 0 posts
latest threads first, please! - 4 posts
NEWBEE - CASTELLO AIRPORT FLIGHT PATHS - 0 posts
INHERITANCE AND STEPCHILDREN IN SPAIN - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x