Will a cheap airline fly to cordoba?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Apr 2013 3:46 PM by dbd Star rating. 63 posts Send private message

Will a cheap airline fly to cordoba?

Any chance of Cordoba airport starting cheap airline flights?

I know it takes chartered flights and has for a number of years so why not Easyjet or Ryanair etc?

Anybody know anything?

Like 0      
16 Apr 2013 4:05 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

There are fewer flights going into Spain so no - probably not.   Some of the regional airports such as Almeria, have hardly anything of use for UK people, and I am told they are expensive for the airlines.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2013 5:34 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Altough the main runway is 7200 feet in length, only 4500 feet is available. Cordoba is, was and I guess always will be a General Aviation field. It has no modern landing aids. It has only one check in desk and one gate and public transport is none existent..

An A319 or B737-800 needs an absolute minimum of 6000 feet under ideal conditions and considerably more if conditions are not ideal or longer trips are involved. Runway length is one of the reasons why Flybe don't have any competition at Southampton...

The amount of money required to develop the Cordoba Airport to regular pax traffic requirements would be horrendous and  given Spains recent history regarding unwanted and completely unnecessary airports like Cuidad Real, Corvera and Castellon and all the others that are losing money hand over fist, I really dont see anything happeneing at Cordoba... except perhaps its total closure.

Ryanair,  Easyjet and Monarch's history in pulling out of unprofitable airports tends to say it all...

Just for the record however, its worth noting that British Airways are commencing a daily service (I think) between Granada and London City Airport on July 25th at fares which would substantially undercut any of the Low Cost cowboys. also Norwegian Airlines have the makings of an undercutting service between Malaga and Gatwick that could well steal some of Ryan Easy and Monarchs thunder starting later this month. My gut feeling about the BA service is that it's servicing the wrong London Airport, but it remains to be seen how it all pans out...

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 16/04/2013.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

hello - 21 posts
uk / spain - 0 posts
3G in Spain - 2 posts
New and seeking guidance - 10 posts
Medical insurance - 11 posts
Need a recommendation for a good restaurant in Malaga old town. - 3 posts
Does this happen to others ???? - 1 posts
Where to buy sewing machines? - 4 posts
EGM's - 6 posts
What is going on with card sharing? - 0 posts
New photos loaded on Camposol Community Forum Page - 3 posts
Neighbour from hell - 13 posts
Insolvency - 6 posts
upto date advice if poss please - 1 posts
belgium/french pesion? - 0 posts
Newbee!!! - 0 posts
Help!!!! UK to SPAIN. ANYONE GOT SPACE IN A VAN/LORRY????? - 4 posts
Inland Sky TV Spain - 9 posts
HELP!!!! UK to SPAIN ANY SPACE IN A VAN???? - 0 posts
latest threads first, please! - 4 posts
NEWBEE - CASTELLO AIRPORT FLIGHT PATHS - 0 posts
INHERITANCE AND STEPCHILDREN IN SPAIN - 16 posts
HELP!!!! Uk to England, Any Space In A Van/Lorry - 0 posts
Changing the way community fees are paid - 5 posts
CONGRATULATIONS KEITH - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x